Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cyber Crimes, Archival Data & Their Investigation

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Cyber Crimes, Archival Data & Their Investigation

Can you receive software files online by clicking on the wrong button that accepts such files sent to you?

How do such files operate and to achieve what?

I am using the word "file" for the lack of a better word since I have limited knowledge in this area.

Knowledge on cyber violations and archival data welcome. How can such violations be traced and how long such data is stored or can be traced.

Your response is very much appreciated.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Come on I need some responses.

Any knowledge on forensic investigations on cyber violations and archival data?

I noticed the other IT thread but this one is for specific discussions.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand what you're asking. Clicking on a wrong button where? On a website? Clicking on a link in an email? Are you asking how to avoid spyware or viruses?
    www.GoodTamilFilms.com - Reviews, articles, etc.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I log on I get these messages:

"Updates are ready for your computer". "Click to install". I would ignore it. A few times I clicked on the message by accident and I believe by doing so, I may have accepted some of these files I know nothing of. I don't know what they are or how they operate and for what purpose.

Post Thanks / Like
    I also tried to find a cyber centre that investigates cyber crimes, but I only found one in Bangalore, India. I don't know the coverage i.e. if it covers only certain parts of the globe or only India.

I have already been dealing with those directly installed ones relating to problems like those explained here:

http://www.computerforensicshq.com/c...ter-forensics/

There is limited chance of this repeating itself, I am wondering now if the recent discovery is just another way of obtaining the same objectives or results. I have made certain observation which
    could support an explanation that the new is another way of achieving what the old way was.

Post Thanks / Like
    So could this be spyware or virus?

I recall a few months back (around April/June)crucial data were missing and information seems scattered. When I checked it (can't remember how), there were some ugly files. I contacted the internet company and they walked me through a clean up process to rid those files and things were back to normal.

What I have been experiencing since around August is somewhat different, but seems to be doing a similar job.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Dhakshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramona

"Updates are ready for your computer". "Click to install". I would ignore it. A few times I clicked on the message by accident and I believe by doing so, I may have accepted some of these files I know nothing of. I don't know what they are or how they operate and for what purpose.
    U recieve this from the Operating system that u use, right? Ur system's automatic update is turned on and so whenever new files r updated by ur OS, that will automatically ask u b4 installation since u hav given 'Ask me b4 install'..
    This will not create any probs unless u use pirated copy of OS
    This isn't mission difficult, it's mission impossible. "Difficult" should be a walk in the park for you!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhakshan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramona

U recieve this from the Operating system that u use, right? Ur system's automatic update is turned on and so whenever new files r updated by ur OS, that will automatically ask u b4 installation since u hav given 'Ask me b4 install'..
    This will not create any probs unless u use pirated copy of OS

I have been using the same system since late 2008, but this question about updates only started poping up right after logging on, in the last few months.

I don't know if it is from the operating system. I also don't know whether at the time of installation if the computer expert installed on the system "Ask me b4 install". If he did this and this resulted to this question, my question is, why was it not operating or asking this question since 2008? I indicated what I was experiencing before this. So I am puzzled.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Dhakshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    When u started using internet? If u had started the day since this pop up appeared, then ur automatic update is turned on and it is working as it is meant to be..
    If u r using internet for long time and this problem started occurring very recently, then u might hav unknowingly turned on the update using some other software..
    Now to stop it, click Start -> right click on the My Computer icon -> Properties -> Automatic Update -> and Turn Off.
    Hope this will help u
    This isn't mission difficult, it's mission impossible. "Difficult" should be a walk in the park for you!!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sarna's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ramona, please take the snapshots of pop-up and upload it in some public share websites and please give the link here... someone will help you for sure
    ஊரு வம்ப பேசும்
    அட உண்மை சொல்ல கூசும்
    போடும் நூறு வேஷம்
    தினம்
    பொய்ய சொல்லி ஏசும்
    ஏ தில்லா டாங்கு டாங்கு
    அட என்னா உங்க போங்கு

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast