Page 89 of 401 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199139189 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, the reason I believe he must have been annoyed with BGM duties is that it comes usually with a deadline - something which he is not known to be happy about. He likes to perfect his output until he is fully satisfied with it - I am sure none of you will dispute it - and by nature of the duty, BGM has to be scored in a shorter frame of time against a set deadline, in general. i

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    வல்லவரே, ரயில் பயணத்தில் எங்களையும் சேர்த்து கொண்டதற்கு மிக்க நன்றி. இதை முன்பே ஒரு முறை படித்திருந்தாலும், இப்போது படிக்க ரயிலில் சென்ற உணர்வு ஏற்பட்டது.

ராஜா சார் என்ன மனுஷன்? இதெல்லாம் தெரிந்து செய்தாரா இல்லை சாதனைகளை குவித்து கொண்டிருக்கிறோம் என்று தெரியாமலேயே செய்தாரா? பரிசுகளை தட்டி சென்றால் மட்டுமே சாதனை இல்லை, இத்தனை வருடங்களுக்கு பிறகும், உலகத்தின் பல மூலைகளிலும் இருந்து அவர் செய்ததை பேசி கொண்டிருக்கிறோமே.. அவர் பக்திமான், யாரை வேண்டுமானாலும் கும்பிட்டு போகட்டும், ஆனால், கடவுள் விரும்பும் மனிதர் இவர்.

குறிப்பு: இங்கு என் வீட்டின் கீழ் அறையில் உள்ள SUN MUSIC சானலை F.M transmitter வழியாக பெட் ரூமில் கேட்பது வழக்கம். தினந்தோறும் இரவில் நல்ல ராஜா சார் பாடல்களை போடுவான். நேற்றிரவு, சொல்ல துடிக்குது மனசு படத்தில் வந்த "எனது விழி வழி மேலே" பாடலை பல ஆண்டுகளுக்கு பிறகு கேட்டேன்.சாதாரண பாடல் தான், புல்லரித்தது சார்.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Raagas - lot of what you say is what I think also. Infact, when Rahman made that Dholak statement, I judged him and resented the implication. But looking back, it clearly is a mission statement. To his credit, he has accomplished the mission he set out to.

As even the rabidest of Rahman fan would admit, Rahman hasn't been able to change the successful paradigm of BGM in Raja's sphere of influence - even now, Raja remains the historical and contemporary benchmark for BGM in South Indian filmdom.
    Frankly, I did not find anything wrong with dholak statement because it was a generic statement. Some raaja fans protested saying that it implied at Raaja (dont know why). But i did not feel so. if anything, i felt that it reflected the collective scenario of music that was made in Bombay, by a whole bunch of people with no sense of aesthetics, and that music sold across all the corners of the country (less in TN and Kerala probably, but the hits of 1985-1994 were hits across even Andhra Pradesh). Was watching this video yesterday where Javed Akhtar remembered the dark ages of Hindi Film Music:

a peek into the times that were. anyway, i realize this is a digression and lets end it with something we very much know/agree"

Raaja remains a benchmark for BGM in Indian film industry, not just south-indian. Agreed that he did not get to do Hindi films, but still, music afficionados in the North too, aware of his talents, particularly in the BGM arena.
    Last edited by aakarsh; 11th April 2012 at 02:03 PM.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Aakarsh - as I said, I HAD issues with that statement. Not HAVE issues. I fully concur with your assessment. As I keep saying, Rahman is really blessed - in that he was precisely appreciated for what he set out to do. It is just that I feel - for precisely the same reasons - doing BGM is a functional exercise for him - and at times if pressed with deadlines, I reckon it will be a burden.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,

totally agree! deadlines are one of the many aspects that limit him, I think. The way he looks at a scene is also different (from Raaja's PoV). Ideally, I prefer raaja's method of interpretation of a scene, which is why i think I liked most of Raaja BGMs while i liked some and disliked some among arr's bgms.

Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been mesmerized recently by these older gems from IR - "Poondhendra Katre Vaa" from Manjal Nila, "Paadi Vaa Thendrale" from Mudivilla Arambam, "Oru Kunguma Chengamalam" from Aradhanai, "Adhikalai" from Meendum Oru Kadhal Kadhai and "Paniyil Naniyum Malargal Irnadu" from Priya O Priya - I wonder how his music is able to just captivate you and not think of anything else.....I am sure most of you have heard these songs- if not dont miss them

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    GVM about IR in Vkatan.

''அவரைச் சந்திக்க அப்பாயின்மென்ட் வாங்கும்போதுகூட என்ன விஷயம் பேசப்போறேன்னு சொல்லவே இல்லை. 'நான் ஒரு படம் பண்றேன். ஏற்கெனவே 50 சதவிகிதம் ஷூட்டிங் முடிஞ்சிருச்சு. இதுதான் கதை. இந்த மாதிரி மியூஸிக் வேணும்’னு சொல்லி, ஷூட் பண்ணின போர்ஷனைப் போட்டுக் காட்டினேன். எல்லாத்தையும் உள்வாங்கிட்டு பிரமாதமான டியூன்கள் தந்தார். ஒரே நாள்தான்... எனக்குத் திக்குமுக்காடிடுச்சு! 'சார்... என்னால இவ்வளவு விஷயங்களையும் மனசுல ஏத்திக்க முடியலை. மீதியை நாளைக்கு வெச்சுக்கலாம்’னு சொன்னேன். 'ஒரு விஷயம் நல்லா நடக்கும்போது பிரேக் பண்ணாதீங்க’ன்னார். 'சார்... நீங்க கொட்றீங்க. என்னால முடியலை’னு சொல்லிச் சமாளிச்சேன். 'இளையராஜா ஒரு பாடலை உருவாக்கும்போது, நாம கூட இருக்கிறதே பெரிய கொடுப்பினை’னு என்கிட்ட ஒரு ஸ்டார் நடிகர் சொன்னார். அது நூத்துக்கு நூறு உண்மை!''
    Music Unities Everyone

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    'இளையராஜா ஒரு பாடலை உருவாக்கும்போது, நாம கூட இருக்கிறதே பெரிய கொடுப்பினை’னு என்கிட்ட ஒரு ஸ்டார் நடிகர் சொன்னார். -
    AmAm, idhu yaarA irukkum? Prashanth ??

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal.
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword View Post
    Kamal.
    avar five star actor-nga!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...