Page 81 of 401 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391131181 ... LastLast

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    suresh,
    Agreed, but you cannot assume this: 'With a stone-faced Jyothika playing the central character, even Ilaiyaraaja couldn’t have saved Doli Saja Ke Rakhna.' I can show plenty of examples. Even in the same cues which you showed, where Vijay was trying to act, but nothing comes out from him. See how he turns his face away from the camera lying on Srividya's shoulders, see how Maestro managed there. You don't go by actors acting, as long as you know what the situation is and how you go on top of those mediocre performances is what matters. I think even Rahman has done the same. I think what Bala was saying is: you have started the post as this score (or the film) is the only comparison between Raja and Rahman, but ending with 'you cannot compare both the scores as 'Jyothika is no Shalini'. I can say Vijay is no Akshay Khanna.

Somehow, I see from the whole write-up that you wanted to get convinced by Rahman's score (implying his score is no way inferior to Maestro's score, see how he has pulled out) and convinced too, good enough. I don't have any problems with that.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just want to mention! Suresh's blog was reportedly being read by Rahman, maybe he wants to write good abt ARR too! Not making fun or Nothing wrong, just saying
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by V_S View Post
    suresh,
    Agreed, but you cannot assume this: 'With a stone-faced Jyothika playing the central character, even Ilaiyaraaja couldn’t have saved Doli Saja Ke Rakhna.' I can show plenty of examples. Even in the same cues which you showed, where Vijay was trying to act, but nothing comes out from him. See how he turns his face away from the camera lying on Srividya's shoulders, see how Maestro managed there. You don't go by actors acting, as long as you know what the situation is and how you go on top of those mediocre performances is what matters. I think even Rahman has done the same. I think what Bala was saying is: you have started the post as this score (or the film) is the only comparison between Raja and Rahman, but ending with 'you cannot compare both the scores as 'Jyothika is no Shalini'. I can say Vijay is no Akshay Khanna.

Somehow, I see from the whole write-up that you wanted to get convinced by Rahman's score (implying his score is no way inferior to Maestro's score, see how he has pulled out) and convinced too, good enough. I don't have any problems with that.
    In that specific shot you mentioned, I don't think Vijay's action or reaction is reference for Ilaiyaraaja's musical idea in that scene. It is the overall mood that Ilaiyaraaja is interested in.

"I liked A.R.Rahman's background score in Doli Saja Ke Rakhna." - Does that mean A.R.Rahman's score is not inferior to Maestro's? Maestro's is in my opinion the best of all versions.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Just want to mention! Suresh's blog was reportedly being read by Rahman, maybe he wants to write good abt ARR too! Not making fun or Nothing wrong, just saying
    Seriously, no. I don't know if you have been following my blog. I have written so many articles criticizing A.R.Rahman's scores.

Post Thanks / Like
    Chinmayi dubbed for Nayanthara in Tamil, was she the same person dubbed in the original telegu version ?

Struck by 'Sri rama lera'' again , What a bliss !

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Divine22,

In telugu, it was not chinmayi!

sri Rama Lera is a gem, which i rate a bit higher than many songs he composed recently.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank You Aakarsh sir

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    "The only case where Ilaiyaraaja Vs A.R.Rahman debate is valid

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2012/...-arrahman.html"

I beg to disagree with ursmusically (Suresh) here. This is one of the finest cases where the debate is not at all valid

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    மூன்று படங்களின் இசையையும் ஒப்பீடு செய்ய உங்களுக்கு இசை ஞானம், நேரம், ஆர்வம் அதிகம் இருந்திருக்கிறது. அதை ஒரு ஆராய்ச்சி கட்டுரையாக எழுதி வெளியிட்டதும் பெரிய விஷயம்.

எழுத, பேச உங்களுக்கு உரிமை இருந்தாலும், இது தேவை இல்லாத செயல். மூவரும் திறமை சாலிகள் என்றாலும், சாம்பார், சாம்பார் தான். அம்மா வைக்கும் சாம்பாருக்கு, மனைவி வைக்கும் வைக்கும் சாம்பாருக்கும், மகள் வைக்கும் வைக்கும் சாம்பாருக்கும் வித்யாசம் இருப்பதில்லையா? இருந்தாலும், யார் பெஸ்ட் என்று அதை எதற்கு பீத்த வேண்டும்?

அவரவருக்கு தெரிந்ததை மூன்று படங்களிலும் செய்திருக்கிறார்கள்.