Page 399 of 401 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401 LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    To all Maestro Fans
    It is indeed the greatest of milestones by any Individual across any Art or Craft.
    we need to celebrate and glorify this man and his achievement given that we have an opportunity to do so right now.
    I for one have been a regular visitor but refrained from posting since several of the opinions synched with many of the seasoned hubbers like Sakalakalakala, Krish, rsubras, Kiru, Irir123, baroque et al.
    Now I have decided to contribute to the hub and to this great achiever with best of the wishes .

we collectively pray almighty to bestow this ever energetic music genius a very long innings and he will continue to mesmerize us gifting us with several thousand greatest compositions. I believe that the best is yet to come from his kitty. what he has shown us is just the tip of the ice berg.

Enjoy the great feat friends.

Time to rejoice and tell the world about this greatest living legend and the incomparable contributions he has made till date.

M Bala

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    we have heard several such instances when creators like Balu mahendra, Mahendran and the likes of Manirathnam have cited several such examples when ever they associated with this lively stream and music genius.
    Not to leave behind aficionados like R Suderrajan, R Balki, Ulaga nayagan who claim they are deft fans.

Prakash Raj has grown up listening to IR and his greatest Kannada hits and his association with GKV that produced several hundred gems there. He is more like Shankar nag in believing that only he can create Magic to a given script and the emotional quotient that he delivers each time is something that JW may also wonder if he gets to hear this man. For some one doing RR in about 3 or max 4 days and creating an Impact for decades with movie and music buffs alike is the pinnacle of his achievements.

For several million fans he is also the stress buster and psychologist at work each and every day.

M Bala

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    RR - Thanks for creating a separate thread. I started to look at the Maestro's milestone movies and I am just half way through. I was expecting to see some official database (Film association, Music Director's Union, etc.) containing this information. Karthik Raja should collect the accurate data and upload to Raaja.com which is the official website. It's a sad state of affairs that Maestro's official website is not even up and running. We live in a media frenzy world and his children can at least get these basic music sites checked and updated regularly. His major milestone movies are listed below. I believe the specific milestone is hit when the actual soundtrack was recorded by Maestro and not the movie release date. Dubbed films are counted as separate milestone because the sound track is recorded for the second time with new playback singers and orchestration.

100th - Moodupani (1980)
    200th - Bhagavathipuram Railway Gate (1983)
    300th - Udhaya Geetham (1985)
    400th - Nayagan (1987)
    500th - Anjali (1990)
    600th - ???
    700th - ???
    800th - ???
    900th - ???
    1000th - Tarai Thappattai (2014)

Post Thanks / Like
    I remember Anjali was advertised as 500th on posters that I got to see in Bangalore , Lavanya theater if I recall those days.
    His last 2 decades have yielded 500 movies as well but with considerable longer duration while the 1990 Anjali reflects 500 coming out of 15 years of toil at the rate of 40 to 46 movies per annum and that too consistently churning hits in all south indian languages. Andhra Music buffs are highly beneficial since all the 70 odd straight movies he did are mega hits and he is revered as music god with the likes of koti, keeravani and DSP. Teja and rprasad will probably agree with me on this front.
    considering that between 1992 and 2002 we had 100 straight tamil movies each year (since dubbing and Hollywood/hindi/telugu ones dominated last 10 years of Chennai/ NAC cine market) we had 2000+ straight tamil movies for 20 years and our man had 450+ of his own contributions?
    considering ARR+VS+Yuvan who are all in the 90s mark and SA Rajkumar/HJ/DSP/D Imman would be in there 30s count upto 2002 for a reference. The only other prominent Music director was deva who crossed 400 films during this 2 decades.

maestro is going great guns at 20 + movies in 2014 may be 30 + we will have to wait for that musical showers.

M Bala

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry type error.
    It should be 2012 , 2 decades and 20 years from 1992.
    we also had lesser known but successful MDs like manoj Gyan, Abavaanan, Balabharathi, Devendran, Ramesh vinayagam, Sirpi who also had close to 20 movies each during their careers but much of their movies are part of the film box and have not seen the light of the day. all of the above guys did just tamil predominantly.
    we had very few exceptions of Hamsalekhas, Raj-Kotis who did a few small budgeted and quickies for producers like V sekar, ram narayanan and others.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

8. Likes thumburu liked this post
    Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the Original BGM :
    starts at 1h6m58s to 1h7m58s

And here is the tribute version offered by RGV and (re)composed by Sai Karthik for the telugu film Rowdy :

Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    மண்ணின் மக்களுக்காக இசை நிகழ்ச்சி: இளையராஜா பேட்டி!

மண்ணின் மக்களை மகிழ்விக்கவே, மதுரையில் இசை நிகழ்ச்சி ஏற்பாடு செய்யப்பட்டுள்ளது, என, மதுரையில் இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜா தெரிவித்தார். மதுரை தமுக்கம் மைதானத்தில் ஏப்ரல் 5ம் தேதி ராஜாவின் சங்கீத திருநாள் எனும் தலைப்பில் பிரமாண்ட இசை நிகழ்ச்சியை நடத்துகிறார் இசையமைப்பாளர் கார்த்திக் ராஜா. இதில் அவரது தந்தையும், இசைஞானியுமான இளையராஜா கலந்து கொண்டு பாட இருக்கிறார். அவர்களுடன் பிரபல பின்னணி பாடகர்களும் பங்கேற்க உள்ளனர்.

இந்நிலையில் இசை நிகழ்ச்சிக்காக மதுரை வந்த இளையராஜா மற்றும் கார்த்திக் ராஜா, பத்திரிகையாளர்களை சந்தித்தனர். இளையராஜா பேசும்போது, மதுரை தமுக்கத்தில் ஏப்., 5 மாலை 6 மணிக்கு, நடக்கும் நிகழ்ச்சியில் அனைவருக்கும் வாய்ப்பளிக்க வேண்டியுள்ளதால், நான் அதிக பாடல்களை பாட முடியாது. ரசிகர்களுக்காக குறிப்பிட்ட பாடல்களை பாட உள்ளேன். கனடா, மலேசியா, பிரிட்டன், ஆஸ்திரேலியா போன்ற நாடுகளிலிருந்து ரசிகர்கள் நிகழ்ச்சிக்கு வருகின்றனர். மண்ணைச் சேர்ந்த மக்கள் பார்த்து மகிழ வேண்டும் என்பதற்காக இந்நிகழ்ச்சி ஏற்பாடு செய்யப்பட்டுள்ளது. என்னுடன் 38 ஆண்டுகள் பணியாற்றிய அனைத்து இசைக்குழுவினரும் இதற்காக வந்துள்ளனர்.
    வந்துட்டோம்னு சொல்லு... திரும்ப வந்துட்டோம்னு சொல்லு! | Recent posts | Mobile App

Post Thanks / Like
    This is wonderful news
    I am heading to Madurai for this musical event
    This is going to my first live event and that too exclusively for the sake of Music God.
    All Hubbers, please wish that the event will become a grand success encouraging IR fans and devotees to participate in many such events to come.

M Bala

Post Thanks / Like
    Why not just work with IR instead of paying tributes? same goes for kamal, all talk and no action!!