Page 391 of 401 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Post Thanks / Like

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    IR's photo exhibition. He is planning to organize the photo exhibits in other cities and countries as well:

http://www.newstrackindia.com/newsde...layaraja-.html

"..."There are plans to do it in other cities of Tamil Nadu such as Coimbatore. I also plan to organise one abroad for my fans in Dubai, Singapore and London. These are just ideas we are working on," he added...."

thanks,

Krishnan

Post Thanks / Like
    Youtube links for IR photo exhibits. From whatever glimpses is shown...some nice pictures.

thanks,

Krishnan

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you K for sharing the concert videos. I would vote for the following songs- singers and orchestra were at their best..

Close your eyes and listen only to the audio for the following songs.. (convert the youtube tracks to mp3 for your smartphone listening pleasure using listentoyoutube.com)

BEST:
    1. Germaniyin Senthen malare (SPB and Bavatharini - simply awesome)
    2. Anandha Ragam (Uma Ramanan - i don't see any sign of her age in the voice - best)
    3. Agaya Gangai (SPB and Shaila - classic)
    4. Vetti Veru Vasam (Aalap Raju - Pop Shalini , Raja sir should consider using this pair, such a humble voice for both of them)
    GOOD:
    6. Poove ilaya poove (Krish)
    7. Nilaya Kaayudhu (Haricharn and Anitha, haricharn should have avoided singing like MV though - still good)
    8. Pani vizhum Iravu (Krish , though it can be forgiven, he should have avoided shouting 'come on give me some noise' and the loose talk with Mano)
    9. Chinna Poo Chinna Poo (Bavatharini - not bad)
    10. Katta Vandi Katta Vandi (nice work Kay, KK alias Sathiyan)
    11. Metti Oli - (Raja Sir's 2 alla kaigal Vasu and Senthil along with Anitha did a nice job, i used to wonder what these 2 do with Raja sir always.. they paid back on this)

I will not fogive Mano for messing up the Thenampettai super market irangu/Nalla sonnel Pongo.

Chithra's cold: there is a beauty on it too I am not a big fan of Rita and NSK Ramya - no comments on their pieces.

Of all the concerts Raja Sir hosted since 2005, this is the first time I am listening to 'Sorgame endralum' without messing it, Hence I tolerating the NOT SO great rendition of Venkat Prabhu of this song.

Post Thanks / Like
    IR and Bala may work together again for a new movie starring Sasikumar. GVP pulled out.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/t...le/102514.html

thanks,

Krishnan

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by krish244 View Post
    IR and Bala may work together again for a new movie starring Sasikumar. GVP pulled out.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/t...le/102514.html

thanks,

Krishnan
    இனிப்பான செய்தி. சேது, பிதாமகன், நான் கடவுள் வரிசையில் ராஜா இசையில் மிகச் சிறப்பான ஆக்கமாக இருக்கும் என்பதில் சந்தேகமேயில்லை. அதுவும் கரகாட்டம் போன்ற நாட்டாரது இசைப் பாடல் வடிவம் என்பது அவரது கோட்டை. பலவிதமான தாளக் கோர்வைகளுடன் சும்மா தெறிக்கும். ஆவலோடு எதிர்நோக்குகிறேன்.
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainm...40122008_1.htm

போட்டோகிராஃபிங்கிறது பெரிய ஆர்ட் - இளையராஜா பேட்டி

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaarthickb View Post
    http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainm...40122008_1.htm

போட்டோகிராஃபிங்கிறது பெரிய ஆர்ட் - இளையராஜா பேட்டி
    செய்வன திருந்த செய்.. ராஜா சார் தெரிந்ததை செய்தால் மட்டும் போதாதா? தன்னை ஒரு கவிஞர் என்றும், பேச்சாளர் எண்டும், புத்தக ஆசிரியர் என்றும்...... இப்போது போடோக்ராபி வேறயா? உங்களுக்கு காமெராக்கள் மீது ஆர்வம் அதிகம் தான்.. கிடைக்கும் போதெல்லாம் போட்டோக்களை சுட்டு தள்ளுவீர்கள் என்றும் தெரியும், அதற்காக இவ்வளவு தூரம் எக்ஷிபிசன் எல்லாம் ரொம்ப ஜாஸ்தி...என்று சிலருக்கு சொல்ல தோன்றினாலும்......

இத்தனை வயதிலும், பொழுது போகவில்லை என்று சும்மா இருக்காமல் எதையாவது செய்து கொண்டிருக்கிறீர்களே.. வாழ்த்துகள். கமல் பாலுமகேந்திரா ஆகியோர் வந்து வாழ்த்தும் அளவிற்கு -- அது நிச்சயம் நன்றாக தான் இருக்க வேண்டும். .

(யப்பா...ரெண்டு பக்கமும் பேசியாச்சு.யாரும் குறை சொல்ல முடியாது)

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I watched Part 1 of King of Kings concert yesterday. Overall a decent concert with great selection of songs. Orchestra was at their best with this generation Singers taking the center stage. Orchestra was at their high in Chinna Poo Chinna Poo, what an orchestration, still so fresh. Kudos to Raja. Somehow disappointed with SPB. I attended San Jose concert and SPB was a treat to watch live. I saw people in tears when he sang Ilamai enum poongatru. I missed that kind of performance from him in this concert. I'm yet to watch part 2, may be he bounced back in the later half. Unfortunately Chitra was also not upto the mark, may be due to cold. Yuvan, Bava should certainly stop singing, atleast live. Ilayaraja being a perfectionist should restrain them from stage singing. Mano was tremendous with Oh Priya Priya, much better compared to his outing in North American tour. Liked Krish and Alap Raj. But the surprise package is Pop Shalini, she sang exceptionally well. I even liked Ramya's version of netru intha neram. She really fighted it out with the orchestra. Loved the guy in the Drums. Excited to see Sada and Arummozhi, the masters at work.Vasu, Senthil and Sathyan were impressive in Metti Oli and Katta vandi.

It was amazing to hear the story behind every song, from the Mastero himself. The story about Super star was really enjoyable. This is what makes Raja an outstanding composer. He just don't compose music to satisfy his fans, but also the Actor's fans. Believe it or not, Rajini really became a houshold name after "Amma endrazhaikatha" song. No one can deny the fact that Raja had a great part in making careers of Rajini, Kamal and other actors of that era. But, he should have avoided quoting SPB's drinking trouble as a reason for introducing Malaysia Vasudevan. SPB is a legendary singer and a good human being, equally respected by fans and these kind of comments won't go down well with his fans. Hopefully it won't cause any rift in their friendship.

Eager to watch part 2 tonight.

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jeyabalamurugan View Post
    Yuvan, Bava should certainly stop singing, atleast live. Ilayaraja being a perfectionist should restrain them from stage singing.
    Completely agree. As a die-hard IR fan, it pains to say that IR's children were the only ones slack in their singing in this wonderful concert. What a tragedy!