Page 299 of 401 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399 ... LastLast
Results 2,981 to 2,990 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal on moonRam piRai making

Directed by the veteran cinematographer-director Balu Mahendra, Moondram Pirai (The Crescent) went on to catapult Hassan, his co-artiste Sridevi and Mahendra to fame even as the songs by Ilayaraja became chart-busters.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Singer Ramya NSK was today's guest in Surya Vanakkam . Jolly show .She was quite a sport in handling, mostly silly questions .

1) She has sung 3-4 songs after NEPV with Raaja . One of them duet with Yuvan

2) When the anchor asked about yuvan's off key singing , she told that eclipsing that,t the feeling he brings to the song is what she likes about yuvan. She quoted Pogathey song as the example

3) Of course , her favourite composer is our god

4) She told that she sung two different versions of Satru munbu -one Indian way and another WCM way . Raaja ( in good spirit , nakkal ) told that both sound the same . " Romba damaga aaki pochu" was her comment and laughed . This is because she is a trained WCM singer .

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ilayaraaja in Kumudam answers: Why he stopped working with K Balachandar and also about maniratnam

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...4442301&type=1

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    Is this celebrity w/o our hubber aakarsh?

The reason for posting it here :
    I didnt expect that this article would be quoted here.

Yes, I am her husband; also, she is not a celebrity

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://kamsnet.wordpress.com/2012/10...-told-by-ir-2/

Why I came away from KB by Ilayaraaja in Kumudam today

There was a film industry strike when we had to do the rerecording of the movie Pudu Pudu Arthangal. The movie was directed

by K Balachandar. I was in Mumbai for the recording of the movie Shiva. Ananthu and Natarajan came to mumbai and met me.

They said Sir the release date for the movie has been fixed. The strike in chennai is still on and you too cannot come from

mumbai. We also dont have the time to wait for you and record and hence we will take the track and then use it in the

movie. Then Ilayaraaja told them so you want only name "Ilayaraaja" and dont want my music. You want to use my name

Ilayaraaja only for commercial purposes and the director KB trty to this.So IR said please do what ever you want.

After some years Kavithalaya again approached Raja for music and then raja thought for these people only the name is

important and not my music hence why should i do music for them?

Then when Kavithalaya did a movie for Rajinikanth, rajnikanth came to me. Neither Rajni asked me why you are not making

music for KB's films nor i did not tell him. Rajni just asked me to do music for his movie. KB Himself could have told the

matter to rajni and then sent him but he did not. At least rajni could have asked KB to talk to me but nothing happened.

Hence i said i cannot do music for the movie

this is the reason.

Post Thanks / Like
    aakarsh,

Look how alert we hubbers are - all that's needed is rAsA's name in some article / report and that gets posted here - sometimes even ones in Hungarian language

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    kamesh - something abt the KB episode does not make sense! if IR was bound by the contract for Kavithalaya films, shdnt he have completed the re-recording for PPA on-time for the film's release ? or did KB make a sudden decision to release the movie before its original scheduled release and had to request IR to do the BGM amidst his busy schedule ? and what is this abt IR interpreting the whole thing the way he did "they dont need my music only my name" - of course they wanted his music too, thats why KB sent anandhu and co to request for the BGM to be done, right ? i think its just lack of communication and misunderstanding on both sides!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kameshratnam View Post
    http://kamsnet.wordpress.com/2012/10...-told-by-ir-2/

Why I came away from KB by Ilayaraaja in Kumudam today

There was a film industry strike when we had to do the rerecording of the movie Pudu Pudu Arthangal. The movie was directed

by K Balachandar. I was in Mumbai for the recording of the movie Shiva. Ananthu and Natarajan came to mumbai and met me.

They said Sir the release date for the movie has been fixed. The strike in chennai is still on and you too cannot come from

mumbai. We also dont have the time to wait for you and record and hence we will take the track and then use it in the

movie. Then Ilayaraaja told them so you want only name "Ilayaraaja" and dont want my music. You want to use my name

Ilayaraaja only for commercial purposes and the director KB trty to this.So IR said please do what ever you want.

After some years Kavithalaya again approached Raja for music and then raja thought for these people only the name is

important and not my music hence why should i do music for them?

Then when Kavithalaya did a movie for Rajinikanth, rajnikanth came to me. Neither Rajni asked me why you are not making

music for KB's films nor i did not tell him. Rajni just asked me to do music for his movie. KB Himself could have told the

matter to rajni and then sent him but he did not. At least rajni could have asked KB to talk to me but nothing happened.

Hence i said i cannot do music for the movie

this is the reason.
    develop pride in what you do!
    Raja has pride in what he does!
    He makes a difference in people's state of well being with his music, that makes him an important person for some of us!

top the chart, number of Cd sales, big banner's aasthana isai amaippalar etc.. are secondary to him!
    Last edited by baroque; 3rd October 2012 at 10:17 PM.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by app_engine View Post
    aakarsh,

Look how alert we hubbers are - all that's needed is rAsA's name in some article / report and that gets posted here - sometimes even ones in Hungarian language
    Ya, I see that

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    of course they wanted his music too, thats why KB sent anandhu and co to request for the BGM to be done, right ?
    appadi illai (I think) - they came to seek permission to "use old tracks" or something like that.
    (It says release date fixed but strike in Chennai, so how can IR do music for them, unless they were willing to pay higher expenses for Mumbai / Hungary / London recording).