Page 298 of 401 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Producer Manchu Lakshmi on "Gundello Godari":

“The movie has come out really well and I must thank Ilayaraja garu for a terrific soundtrack. The audio launch will take place in two weeks time and the movie will release in the first week of November”, she said.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber rajasaranam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajaramsgi View Post
    only 40k? thats nothing really for the fan base he has. others just downloading for free and praising Raja sir for his efforts? are we not obligated to buy the originals to support him to do more and more of these...

OR is this 40k the upper limit for CD sales these days?
    RombavE upper Limit! VTV lifetime Audio Sales'e 35K thaanaam. After movie release NEPV will touch few more thousands to achieve its lifetime sales.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ And that without considering the Flipkart's online Flyte & iTunes Sales!

A note about Flipkart, it sold the recent JK Rowling's 'The Casual Vacancy' 15K while other online site Indiaplaza.in sold 3K! Just pointing this comparison to show the reach of Flipkart!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks sakala and rajasaranam. Can't believe things have changed so much. When I was in school in the late 80s, we use to hear and wow about the oru latsham cassette sales for Raja sir's movies.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    More news on Gundello Godari here:

Film has 6 songs. 5 of them have similar tunes in Telugu and Tamil. Producer Lakshmi says Raja has not taken any remuneration so far.
    Last edited by teja; 2nd October 2012 at 01:27 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ajanta producer putting too much scene it seems!

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/...ct/011012c.asp
    பாட்டுக்காகவே படங்கள் ஓடிய காலம் ஒன்று உண்டு. இன்று யூ ட்யூப்பில் பாடலை மட்டும் கேட்டுவிட்டு படத்தை அம்போவென்று விட்டுவிடுகிற ஸ்டைல் வந்துவிட்டது மக்களுக்கு. 'இது ஒரு இன்னிசை மழை' என்றே போஸ்டர் போட்ட காலம் மீண்டும் வருமா? அஜந்தா தயாரிப்பாளரும் இயக்குனருமான ராஜ்பா ரவிசங்கரிடம் கேட்டால், வராதுன்னு சொல்லவே மாட்டார். ஏனென்றால் இப்படம் திரைக்கு வருவதற்கு முன்பே சிறந்த இசைக்கான தமிழக அரசின் விருதினை பெற்றுவிட்டது. இந்த அரிய பெரிய அங்கீகாரத்தை இப்படத்திற்கு அளித்தவர் இசைஞானி இளையராஜா. அதுமட்டுமல்ல, படமே இசை தொடர்பான கதையமைப்பு கொண்டதுதானாம்.

பத்திரிகையாளர்களை சந்தித்த ராஜ்பா ரவிசங்கர், 'போதும்ப்பா' என்கிற அளவுக்கு பேசித்தள்ளினாலும், தாடி வைக்காத ராஜேந்தராகவே இருந்தார் தன்னம்பிக்கை விஷயத்தில். 'இனிமேல் நான் தயாரிக்கப் போகும் எல்லா படத்திலும் இசைஞானி இளையராஜாதான் இசையமைப்பார். ஒருவேளை முடியலேன்னு சொல்லிட்டா நானே இசையமைப்பேன். ஏன்னா நான் எக்ஸ்ட்ரா பிரைன் பவர் உள்ளவன்' என்றார் அவரே.

2009 ல் இந்த படத்தை வெளியிட நாள் குறிச்சிட்டேன். அப்புறம் ஒரு சின்ன பிரச்சனையினால் ரிலீஸ் பண்ணல. அப்போ நான் ரிலீஸ் பண்ணியிருந்தா இந்த படம் முப்பது கோடி கலெக்ட் பண்ணியிருக்கும். அதுமட்டுமில்ல, இந்த படத்தை ரஜினி படம் வரும்போது ரிலீஸ் பண்ணனும்னு நினைச்சேன். அதுவும் முடியாம போச்சு என்றார். 'அஜந்தா படத்துக்கு டென்ஷனா வாங்க, சிரிச்சுகிட்டே போங்க' என்கிற இந்த ராஜ்பா ரவிசங்கர் ஒரு வழக்கறிஞரும் கூட. அது மட்டுமல்ல, அவரது இன்னொரு தொழில் ஆடிட்டர். 'சில படங்களில் வில்லனா நடிக்க கூப்பிட்டாங்க. யோசிச்சிட்டு இருக்கேன்' என்றார். போகிற போக்கை பார்த்தால் பவர் ஸ்டாரையே பஞ்சராக்குவார் போலிருக்கே!

Also I guess NEPV wave is kind of helping many producers like this, to release the IR movies lying in can! This one, Padithurai... Kavuthamu, unakku cut out paalaabishegam ellaam pathaathuyaa, Straight aa Kovil thaan
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Punnaimaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you lmkbabu.
    இந்தக் காட்டில் எந்த மூங்கில் இசைக்க வல்லது என்று மயங்கிய பொழுது
    இறைவன் தேர்ந்தெடுத்தப் புல்லாங்குழல் தான் நம் இசைஞானி !!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Shweta is a KR intro

"Meanwhile on a visit to Illayaraja Sir’s house during Navarathri, Karthik Raja, who was looking for new voices, asked me if I could sing. That’s how my first film came about.”

The Tamil film 3 Roses did not do too well and Shweta went unnoticed.

Post Thanks / Like
    Is this celebrity w/o our hubber aakarsh?

“I must give a lot of credit to my husband Kamal Aakarsh for that. He was the one who encouraged me to quit my job and take up my passion seriously. Initially, my target was to make at least half of what I was earning at my previous company. It’s been two months since I quit my job and already, I am earning more than what I used to,” she smiles.

Interestingly, she met Kamal at one of her jewellery exhibitions. “He bought a necklace. That was his investment and I was the return on investment,” she laughs.
    The reason for posting it here :

Apart from Hearth Treasures, she also runs a music school named Raageshree in Secunderabad. “I have learnt Hindustani Classical Music for 15 years. I began this school in July and I teach students both offline and on skype. We have an active Facebook group where, every Wednesday, we discuss a lot about raagas in filmy music. I really want to connect with more people who are interested in Hindustani Classical Music,” she says.

Not surprisingly, her favourite music director is Ilayaraja. “He stills follows the old fashioned way of composing music and he doesn’t have to compete with anyone. Ilayaraja has been one of the biggest inspirations in my life. I also like Hindi music directors from the 50s and 60s who created so many masterpieces,” she adds.