Page 296 of 401 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    An article about Laszlo Attila and Ilaiyaraaja I guess:

http://nol.hu/mozaik/20120925-guru_g...zus_hangzassal

It is in hungarian. You can translate using Google translate (or translate button).

thanks,

Krishnan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Punnaimaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Google translation does not give a clear idea of what is written. Any one who knows Hungarian please translate...
    இந்தக் காட்டில் எந்த மூங்கில் இசைக்க வல்லது என்று மயங்கிய பொழுது
    இறைவன் தேர்ந்தெடுத்தப் புல்லாங்குழல் தான் நம் இசைஞானி !!

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Punnaimaran...

Guru with great sound

The famous Indian composer Ilaiyaraaja multiple guest of Attila and his ensemble

Within three years, the fifth named Laszlo Attila India - the famous Hungarian jazz guitarist and composer quartet traveled to Chennai this time, tens of thousands of local participation in the Nehru stadium, one of the most sought after Indian film composer Ilaiyaraaja's latest show of his work. The album version has just dropped a million copies in the market, Sony India.

Contemporary Hungarian music industry context there are, of course incomprehensible numbers, like the ones that hit theaters in late October, the Indian film to be (En Ponvasantham Neethanay) London lemezfelvételére converted to HUF 85 million, or feel sorry for the director-producer Gautham Menon. Inherently grand orchestration and sound thinking, acquisitions Ilaiyaraaja To sound the Angel studio populous British symphony orchestra and children called lever, plus vocalists African, Indian traders and other percussion instrumentalists. Along with László Attila's current quartet, in which Big John pianist Béla Lattmann bass and Ferenc Nemeth on drums.

Ilaiyaraaja 68 years old this year, not only in the Tamil language, but also in the entire Indian film industry is perhaps the biggest star. Nearly forty-year career in the lexicons as 4500 song written about a thousand moving picture. Used for the first time in his home country filmzenéiben western musical instruments and even had to unusual genres such as pop, jazz, rock and roll, and bossa nova. Not incidentally, he is the first Asian artist who wrote symphonies with the London Philharmonic.

It is so highly respected, even by the producers is that the music is often made sooner than the sequences under which hauled. One could say that the film industry is not contrary to the practice he composes background music for the major scenes, but the nature of his acquisitions, rhythm, length to be adjusted. This is no different in the case of any Neethanay En Ponvasantham: March recorded a CD version available in India for weeks, while the most important scenes filmed in summer only added to the film to be in theaters in late October.

- Ilaiyaraaja world of eating very deep, very emotional, almost a style of independent music. Basically, of course, rooted in India, Tamil songs sung in it, but he heard how the master image is of European classical music - said Attila. The jazz was represented by the Hungarian Quartet. The Indian composer, his compositions that are seemingly distant worlds so perfectly brings together, so to speak, skill level, perhaps no one else in the world you can not do. - This is very much the center of our personal universe to avoid, as far as we incorporated there - he is a tremendous honor for us. New perspectives - said the Hungarian guitarist.

Working relationship dates back to the turn of the century, when Ilaiyaraaja Hungary Miskolc Symphony Orchestra made the recordings. The Indian master several Hungarian CD also received gifts, including Attila Band actual piece on the Once Upon A Time was. He liked it so much that he immediately contacted the jazz guitarist and composer, even a year later, when we recorded again, called into the studio to play. Then nothing for eight years. Then, three years ago, it was a text message: "Hey, Attila, here I am again in Budapest, meet me when there are new disks, me!"

- I took her latest album, she started the coffee over dúdolgatni számaimat. Then I passed out - evokes the re-encounter with Attila. - Then eldúdolt some Indian tunes and asked how you like them. Can it feel like to have India's record to contribute to the next. Sure, I said. Kind, polite gesture, I thought to myself. Three weeks later I got the ticket.

Since then, working together, since 2009 was the work of eleven common. In fact it is called twice in the Hungarian jazz musicians to teach in Chennai. One week, from morning till night, hard. Primarily interested in the perception of jazz harmonization phase after each other how to put up the instruments. Many ways to do this, each with a different color. Repeatedly requested the Hungarian guitarist that hangszerelje one piece.

Ilaiyaraaja in December last year, more than six-hour concert held in Chennai oeuvre. No foreign guests invited him: Attila ensemble. Now I fear that thinking about a world tour.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/spec...as-162180.html

'புதுராகம் படைப்பதாலே நானும் இறைவனே என்ற வரி இளையராஜாவுக்காவே எழுதப்பட்டது!'

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My video blogs on storytelling in Ilayaraja songs --> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...7EZL2qTp7nmqPH

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lmkbabu View Post
    Punnaimaran...

Guru with great sound

The famous Indian composer Ilaiyaraaja multiple guest of Attila and his ensemble

.. In fact it is called twice in the Hungarian jazz musicians to teach in Chennai. One week, from morning till night, hard. Primarily interested in the perception of jazz harmonization phase after each other how to put up the instruments. Many ways to do this, each with a different color. ...
    Harmony, harmony, harmony thats the man .. I suspect he is bending Opera rules heavily in NEPV (and earlier) with aggressive harmonization. Suggest hubbers to check out Opera music. Thanks to Spotify I am able to enjoy Operas more than in the past after NEPV. Language is a still in issue in appreciating this vocal-dominated genre.
    (BTW, thanks for the translation - apparently Hungarian is similar in "structure" to tamil. A direct translation to Tamil would read well .. almost like reading in native Hungarian)

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kiru View Post
    Harmony, harmony, harmony thats the man .. I suspect he is bending Opera rules heavily in NEPV (and earlier) with aggressive harmonization. Suggest hubbers to check out Opera music.
    +1

I feel the same way. Sattru munbu orchestral section could be easily an opera piece. I like it. Although, the broadway-esque like chorus at the end of the song is not exactly my taste. The addition of male chorus at the end could very well be Raja's way of blending and bring the hero's hand in the denouement of the film.

Harmony is very important for Raja because I think he believes in something Kiru mentioned earlier -- The sum of the parts is greater than the individual parts (or notes). Also the unity of that sum.

Michelangelo when asked how he sculpted the magnificent statue of David, answered, "I just chipped away everything which didn't look like David"

Sometimes in music, you have to completely conceive a new form first (David), it has to be great and then chip away every note that doesn't belong to the form. Raja is very keen on creating new forms and making the form look unified and harmonization might key in making that possible?

Senthil
    Last edited by senthilv.com; 28th September 2012 at 01:11 AM. Reason: clarity.
    My video blogs on storytelling in Ilayaraja songs --> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...7EZL2qTp7nmqPH

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Interesting stuff, kiru, senthil... keep 'em coming!

Btw, the pic in that link is really nice - a very casual raaja and atilla - almost like two old buddies in a jamming session!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    From a gossip site :

இப்பொழுது ஏ.எல்.விஜய்யின் படத்திற்கு அப்புறம் அமீரின் கண்ணபிரான் படத்தில் நடிக்க இளையதளபதி விஜய் ஒப்புக்கொண்டுவிட்டதாகவும் அந்தப் படத்திற்கு இளையராஜா இசையமைக்கப் போவதாகவும் வதந்திகள் வெளிவர ஆரம்பித்துள்ளது.

விசாரித்ததில் அதில் உண்மை எதுவும் இல்லை எனத் தெரிகிறது. ஆதிபகவான் இசை வெளியீட்டில் மும்முரமாக இருக்கும் அமீருக்கு யுவனுடன் தவிர வேறு யாருடனும் பணியாற்றும் எண்ணம் இல்லை என அமீருக்கு நெருங்கிய ஒருவர் தெரிவித்துள்ளார்.

மேலும் கத்தி அரிவாள் வன்முறை போன்ற படங்களுக்கு இசையமைக்கும் எண்ணம் இளையராஜாவுக்கு இல்லை என அமீரே ஒரு முறை பேட்டியில் சொல்லி இருக்கிறார்.

இருந்தாலும் மீண்டும் ஒரு முறை “என்னைத் தாலாட்டா வருவாளா” தந்த அந்த சுகத்தை அனுபவிக்க யாருக்குத்தான் ஆசை இருக்காது. இந்த வதந்தி உண்மை ஆக வேண்டும் என பல விஜய் ரசிகர்கள் அவர்களது பேஸ்புக் பக்கங்களில் தவம் இருக்க ஆரம்பித்தது விட்டார்கள்.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ‎1. Thiruvasagam to be re-released in 5.1 by sony raaja himself has asked them to do so
    2. Total sale of NEP albums near 40,000 audio cds. YPM Update yet to be received
    3. NEP LP Record might have additional BGM Tracks from NEP by Raja sir as a Collectors edition
    Sony is ready to take up the following non released works of raaja sir for release
    1. Gujarat government project scored by IR - As told by Mr. Prabhakar - in the IOCD meeting
    2. Who killed Virginia wolf score
    3. Namrate ke sagaar - Song on Gandhi
    4. Scribbles on Akka - AUDIO CD
    5. RPO Symphony