Page 251 of 401 FirstFirst ... 151201241249250251252253261301351 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    1. Why is not the RPO getting released?

2. Why isnt any TAMIL audio cd of IR available in the market?

3. What is to be done to get more symphonies and instrumental album releases? what is the commitment required?

4. How often can we have a fans interaction with you?

5. Can we expect an album on Divya Prabandam ?

Attention Mumbai Ramki

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Indeed that movie was by R.D Burman, i remember that news from school days that he visited chennai for that movie and even met Raja Sir. I can't find a better evidence to support my claim about this song Nadhiya Nadhiya which is nothing but his own Aise Na Mujhe song from Darling Darling hindi movie, check http://ww.smashits.com/darling-darling/songs-26709.html and listen to Aise Na Mujhe.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamesh, interesting questions there, but I got a small request. From what we’ve seen of the man so far in interviews, any discussion centering around business/trade tends to piss him off in some way or the other. Of course, there’s nothing wrong in addressing concerns like unavailability of his music in the market, but that’s not really ‘under his jurisdiction’ (of course, doesn’t go without his say; but he isn’t ‘the’ authority in it).
    For the greater benefit of utilizing effectively an opportunity to get a peek into the mind of a genius, it’d be really neat if certain ‘business aspects’ can be reserved for discussion towards the end of the program. 'Isai enbadhu' rangeliyE maintain pannavum (at least from our side; don't know what He has planned!).

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kameshratnam View Post
    Anyone in Reading, UK? there is a free RPO concert at the Hexogan, see the link for details. I am sure this is the RPO with which Raja sir worked with 20 years ago. I am happy to meet if you are coming, let me know. http://www.readingarts.com/thehexago...XB3E2-A7820B42

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kameshratnam View Post

2. Why isnt any TAMIL audio cd of IR available in the market?

3. What is to be done to get more symphonies and instrumental album releases? what is the commitment required?

4. How often can we have a fans interaction with you?

5. Can we expect an album on Divya Prabandam ?

Attention Mumbai Ramki
    2. Why isnt any TAMIL audio cd of IR available in the market? - He will say "Ask the audio companies, not me".

Instead, can you ask this:

Will you please work on more instrumental albums like HTNi & NBW? You have cited piracy as a deterring factor for you but the same piracy is equally applicable to all music artists world wide and fusion music is still surviving and many artists are still making albums. So perhaps, can you consider instrumental albums (with Budapest orchestra etc)?

I somehow have a feeling that if all fans talk a lot or express their desire for instrumental albums, he might come out with one. Just that all fans should echo this loud enough

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MumbaiRamki View Post
    Met KR today . Some updates about the show .

1) This show is very very personal to Raaja. Not even KR knows what exactly he is going to present . Raja wants to keep this very secret , to his heart , only to his fans . He has planned everything - where the harmonim should be kept, his seat everything - KR told me that he has never seen Raaja sir this energetic and passionate about a show .

2) There will be a small orchestra for this show - 10 piece orchestra . It should be a different feel for us . He will definetly cater to the passionate lovers of his music - thats for sure .

3) About the cost, its very very expensive . From the figure they told me , they will have a loss for the first show - its only when they do it in other cities they can meet or just have minimal profits . Its really HUGE money spent for us .

4) Raaja is very particular about a zero disturbance in the show. Strictly no mobile ringing, or whistling during talks . He is going to discuss about music for passionate lovers and doesnt want thsi to be diluted like normal film song ( OK - we may disagree here - but its just his view )

5) Some more new initiatives will come in - please stay tuned !!!
    6) There will be a Q& A session at the end of this . Considering that Raaja sir sensitive, the questions will be filtered first . If there are any questions that needs to be asked, pleas epost here - i Will collect and send it to KR !! Yes , we would love to ask Raaja directly, but just 1 insensitive question may upset him . KR was cool ,upbeat about the show and personally requested all passionate raaaja lovers to attend the show . It is definetly not a normal show as telecasted in a TV or played in Nehru stadium - it is for die hard music fans for sure
    Interesting! can someone record atleast the audio (if video is not allowed)?

Post Thanks / Like
    Please do post your questions here - I shall consolidate it and send it to KR.
    Will you please work on more instrumental albums like HTNi & NBW? You have cited piracy as a deterring factor for you but the same piracy is equally applicable to all music artists world wide and fusion music is still surviving and many artists are still making albums. So perhaps, can you consider instrumental albums (with Budapest orchestra etc)?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aakarsh View Post
    Added sir

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    An addendum to the "instrumental" request - will he do 2 albums, one with guitar playing the main melody & another with piano doing the same (much like violin in HTNI & flute in NBW), perhaps employing the best instrumentalists in the business...ofcourse, with all his ornamentation of strings, mridhangam, drums etc. Even one album with these two instruments predominant - say with 6-8 tracks will be awesome...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Met KR today . Some updates about the show .

1) This show is very very personal to Raaja. Not even KR knows what exactly he is going to present . Raja wants to keep this very secret , to his heart , only to his fans
    நம்மமேல AlphaWaves எதாச்சும் பாஸ் பண்ணப்போறாறோ?! But be ready to vibrate!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv