Page 250 of 401 FirstFirst ... 150200240248249250251252260300350 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,500 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have they broadened the ticket slot category?!? I find 6 options, previously, was it 3?!

http://www.indianstage.in/EventDetails.do?eventId=3212

Category Price
    (in Rs)
    INR 10000(Includes lunch) 10,000.00
    INR 7500 7,500.00
    INR 5000 5,000.00
    INR 3000 3,000.00
    INR 1500 1,500.00
    INR 1000 1,000.00
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Have they broadened the ticket slot category?!? I find 6 options, previously, was it 3?!

http://www.indianstage.in/EventDetails.do?eventId=3212

Category Price
    (in Rs)
    INR 10000(Includes lunch) 10,000.00
    INR 7500 7,500.00
    INR 5000 5,000.00
    INR 3000 3,000.00
    INR 1500 1,500.00
    INR 1000 1,000.00
    NO buddy . When I booked a week back, i did all of these options . I guess only 5K is new

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Booked for the show 1000 rubees ticket..
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Met KR today . Some updates about the show .

1) This show is very very personal to Raaja. Not even KR knows what exactly he is going to present . Raja wants to keep this very secret , to his heart , only to his fans . He has planned everything - where the harmonim should be kept, his seat everything - KR told me that he has never seen Raaja sir this energetic and passionate about a show .

2) There will be a small orchestra for this show - 10 piece orchestra . It should be a different feel for us . He will definetly cater to the passionate lovers of his music - thats for sure .

3) About the cost, its very very expensive . From the figure they told me , they will have a loss for the first show - its only when they do it in other cities they can meet or just have minimal profits . Its really HUGE money spent for us .

4) Raaja is very particular about a zero disturbance in the show. Strictly no mobile ringing, or whistling during talks . He is going to discuss about music for passionate lovers and doesnt want thsi to be diluted like normal film song ( OK - we may disagree here - but its just his view )

5) Some more new initiatives will come in - please stay tuned !!!
    6) There will be a Q& A session at the end of this . Considering that Raaja sir sensitive, the questions will be filtered first . If there are any questions that needs to be asked, pleas epost here - i Will collect and send it to KR !! Yes , we would love to ask Raaja directly, but just 1 insensitive question may upset him . KR was cool ,upbeat about the show and personally requested all passionate raaaja lovers to attend the show . It is definetly not a normal show as telecasted in a TV or played in Nehru stadium - it is for die hard music fans for sure

Post Thanks / Like
    Please do post your questions here - I shall consolidate it and send it to KR.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Thank you Suga for posting this photo, which means a lot to many people here than your beautiful writing, you are a ilakiyavadhi anyways, you know how to make your thoughts come to words and you are doing it great.

Viji Manuel - (Standing 2nd from the left, next to the jolna pai kaarar)
    Jaycha - percursionist, standing 5th from the back with the hippi hair style
    Purushothaman - Standing with breard and cooling glass
    Sundarrajan (*not sure) - standing with his hand touching the chair on which Raja sir is seated.
    Sudhakar (*not sure) - standing between Raja Sir and RD Burman. with a Black and white stripped Tshirt
    V.S Narashiman (*not sure)- sitting left to Raja Sir

*not sure - they all look different now. can't confirm.

Do you know others? share with us please. I guess this photo must have been taken when RD.Burman came to chennai to record Poo Mazhai Pozhiyudhu songs (remember the famous nadhiya nadhiya nile nadhiya song) somewhere between 1986 and 1987

Note: Raja sir is not in his traditional white shoes. Also check the pant and shirt, idhuvum nalla thaan irukku.

Last edited by rajaramsgi; 17th August 2012 at 03:20 PM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramki,

Please consider this question

Will there be any concert arranged specially comprising only the background scores / themes of his earlier works? In turn, the same recording of the concert can be officially released for the passionate fans who are so curious about this BGM.
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raajarasigan View Post
    Ramki,

Please consider this question

Will there be any concert arranged specially comprising only the background scores / themes of his earlier works? In turn, the same recording of the concert can be officially released for the passionate fans who are so curious about this BGM.
    Saar .. naan verum post man . Added the question to my Word document

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajaramsgi View Post

Thank you Suga for posting this photo, which means a lot to many people here than your beautiful writing, you are a ilakiyavadhi anyways, you know how to make your thoughts come to words and you are doing it great.

Viji Manuel - (Standing 2nd from the left, next to the jolna pai kaarar)
    Jaycha - percursionist, standing 5th from the back with the hippi hair style
    Purushothaman - Standing with breard and cooling glass
    Sundarrajan (*not sure) - standing with his hand touching the chair on which Raja sir is seated.
    Sudhakar (*not sure) - standing between Raja Sir and RD Burman. with a Black and white stripped Tshirt
    V.S Narashiman (*not sure)- sitting left to Raja Sir

*not sure - they all look different now. can't confirm.

Do you know others? share with us please. I guess this photo must have been taken when RD.Burman came to chennai to record Poo Mazhai Pozhiyudhu songs (remember the famous nadhiya nadhiya nile nadhiya song) somewhere between 1986 and 1987

Note: Raja sir is not in his traditional white shoes. Also check the pant and shirt, idhuvum nalla thaan irukku.

"Poo mazhai pozhiyudu" is by Lakshmikanth Pyarelal ? Isn't it ? It certainly doesn't contain the class of RDB !

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ramki, thanks for the information! Well, I don't really know how many of our questions would reach raaja, but muyarchi panni dhaan pappOmE nu thonuchu.
    Here are some that I have in mind so far:

(Addressed to Raaja)
    1) I see you as a composer who has been constantly evolving in his musical style, techniques and sound. In my perception, this probably is one of the most crucial aspects behind you being ‘current’ through four decades of constantly changing music scene.
    a) How do you view your evolution as a composer?
    b) How much of this is a result of progression/alteration in your musical ideologies and how much of it is driven by industry trends?
    c) How do you strike a balance between these two?

2) On different occasions, you have quoted several musicians as your favorites and how they’ve been inspirational to you, namely WCM masters and Indian music directors from the past. Although I completely concur with your philosophy of ‘all music is the same; only our interpretations are different’, I have a special fondness for certain elements in your music like influences of jazz and rock music (especially jazz rock and progressive rock). Can you share with us your interest in these genres and some of the artists who have inspired you?

3) The music industry, since the last two decades or so, has seen technology taking giant strides, impacting the whole cycle of music making, starting from composing to recording, release and distribution. Keeping the other areas aside, I’d like to particularly focus on the musical aspects, namely composing and playing, which in my humble opinion, form the heart and soul of any composition. Having grown up listening predominantly to your music along with other artists from the 60s, 70s and 80s, I’m a huge fan of acoustic music/real instruments, the effect and impact of which, I feel, have never been replicated/matched by synthesized music. It is also my opinion that increasing dependency on synthesized/packaged music has led to a drastic drop in the quality of musicians and on music as a whole. The thought that we might see the day when there are no more real/live instruments, leaving synthesized music our only option, scares and pains me thoroughly.
    As a senior musician and composer who has lived through many years of live music and real playing, do you think a revival can be brought about in this? What is it that could be done to make the common audience and music industry embrace and celebrate live/real music playing again?
    Last edited by KV; 17th August 2012 at 04:53 PM.