Page 190 of 401 FirstFirst ... 90140180188189190191192200240290 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,900 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    equa,

I fully agree with you. Raja had a lot and lot to give and it would not have been worth it keeping it inside him waiting for the 'right' project to come along. I mean, look at that man, after having dispensed so much during those times, he still has so much more to give!!! Honestly, I haven't seen a single music director of this level in Indian Film Music. They have been people who have given quantity (questionable quality though), like LP in Hindi and Chakravarthy in Telugu, and there have been people who have given quality. But to do both and for consistently so long requires someone who is blessed.

Secondly, I fully agree that Rahman's success definitely had more to do with music than with Raja's lack of business sense. Rahman set a new trend, which was widely embraced and also changed the way music was being made.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kamal,

By the looks of it.

Gundallo Godavari and Sathya Sai Baba in Telugu
    Sathyan's untitled movie in Malayalam
    SuKa is in process of starting his next project. He recently wrote an article about location searching. He has put up on his facebook page that the movie will have music by Raja. As to when the shooting will exactly start and when the movie will be completed is not known yet
    In Hindi and Kannada I haven't heard of any projects

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Suresh,

It is blasphemy that an album like Padithurai that has classical songs is lying in cans. Whoever has the rights - producer, director, distributor or anyone - should atleast release it as private album.

I havent heard any updates about Sathya Sai Baba movie and somehow my expectations are low from that film. I am curious about Gundello Godari but. Read about Sathyan's movie but I hope there are a handful no. of songs atleast.

Read somewhere recently that Balki is writing a film. I think that will be the next, in Hindi, IF Raaja is considered for it. Balki is also producing a film English Vinglish, touted as Sridevi's return to films, directed by his wife and music composed by Amit Trivedi. So we have to wait and watch it Balki's next will be Raaja or Amit Trivedi

But are there no tamil films in the pipeline?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    Kamal,
    Also, people here might not understand if you address me so .. and at times I only get confused reading few paragraphs if they were referring to me or Kamal Haasan

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    bytheby, Singeetham's film on Tyagaraaja din't take off eh? (wiki says his next film has pawankalyan playing christ). So, what could've been another classical treat, bites the dust eh?

Post Thanks / Like
    KV,

Thyagayya is shelved (but Raaja role would have been extremely limited. Maximum we would have got 2-3 non-thyagaraja-composed songs in the film.. like a jagadanandakaaraka in SRR probably and other songs might have been kritis, orchestrated by raaja. Anyway, whats the point in speculating over something thats definitely not happening).

Even that Pavan Kalyan starrer seems to have bit the dust. And hopes again rose when actor Balakrishna recently announced that he is planning to a sequel to Aditya 369 (1990 film) with Singeetham (who directed it). But the hopes immediately crashed the one moment news came out that the music for this sequel will be composed by Mani Sharma.

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aakarsh View Post
    KV,

Thyagayya is shelved (but Raaja role would have been extremely limited. Maximum we would have got 2-3 non-thyagaraja-composed songs in the film.. like a jagadanandakaaraka in SRR probably and other songs might have been kritis, orchestrated by raaja. Anyway, whats the point in speculating over something thats definitely not happening).

Even that Pavan Kalyan starrer seems to have bit the dust. And hopes again rose when actor Balakrishna recently announced that he is planning to a sequel to Aditya 369 (1990 film) with Singeetham (who directed it). But the hopes immediately crashed the one moment news came out that the music for this sequel will be composed by Mani Sharma.
    bleddy naansans . i'd give anything for 369's title score and raasaleela vela. alas...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by layman10 View Post
    paarra! sappaanla ellaam idhu round vandhutrikka. sooperapu!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paditurai wont be released

Every reel of the film is with a so called auditor associated with the production company of aarya and the next news is the producer is not happy with the director and he feels aarya's brother has been under utilized in the movie

the news from the director which is of course SUKA is that movie is dropped