Page 189 of 401 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    P_R,

We can ofcourse move on. One small point though. We are talking about two things here. One, a movie which was bad, which is a post facto one and another aspect is the reputation of the crew before the movie is even made. The movies quoted like 'kangalal kaidhu sei', 'tajmahal', 'kadhal viru' were post facto bad but had reputed directors and production houses involved before the movie was made. Bharathiraja, Kathir (I hate that guy but he had a reputation before 'Kadhal Virus'), Rama Naidu production house for 'Super Police' etc. If you look at it that way, you can see that Rahman was 'choosy' about the crew / production house. The number of movies he did where the director was totally unknown and the production house was an upma one will be very less. Even if you take it in percentage terms and not in absolute terms, the % of such movies he would have done would be far less compared to Raja. It would be similar in Hindi, maybe even less.

What does that say? Nothing Just a fact. I don't believe that has anything to do with the music generated. So no need to pluck further nails
    Last edited by Sureshs65; 28th June 2012 at 02:38 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, good point. Taken.
    I found the thrust of the point was to talk about the choosiness enabled Rahman to make all songs reach. I found that an oversimplification. adhukkAga sonnEn.
    Perhaps we should take it back to twitter as the one who made the original argument isn't here. I have nothing more to say though.

Kathir (I hate that guy but he had a reputation before 'Kadhal Virus')

unga feelings puriyudhu.
    கவிதை எழுதும், நகரத்து மாணவர்களின் கிண்டலுக்கு ஆளாகும், அதிர்ந்து பேசாத கிராமத்து இளைஞன் காதலைச் சொல்ல தவிக்கிறான்.

PKS Kamal to Abbas: வுட்றா....அதான் சொல்ட்டியே!
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rahman being choosy is one thing. But how many producers would be able to afford ARR should also be considered, right? He has never avoided new directors. Krishna,Kalaprabhu,Antony D'Souza are the recent examples. But those films were backed by big producers. He has also worked with small producers like Anbalaya Prabhakaran in his early days.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    main reason is, he takes more time for each of his movie, and when he spends like 3 months on a movie, he wants to make sure it is worth that time and he wants to make sure that he does not disappoint his audience working on a stupid project - which is the reason for him being choosy...
    Sach is Life..

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    To end the digressions, let me ask something that none of us here have bothered about since quite long time!

Keeping NEPV aside, Whats the next Raaja release in tamil?

In telugu, its Gundello Godari (releasing in tamil too).
    In Malayalam, what next and when?
    In Hindi, what next and when?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SuKa project is one I know..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    paditthurai?? thats dropped no?
    Sach is Life..

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Baba Sathya Sai

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just posted my response on twitlonger:
    Quote Originally Posted by equanimus
    படித்தேன். 'Worth'-ஐ கணக்கில் கொள்ளாமல் போடுவது ராஜா எப்போதும் செய்தது தானே. Here, I'm with @rozavasanth. Raaja didn't mind this precisely because he had so much to offer! இந்த இராட்சச prolificness-ஐத் தவிர்த்து ராஜாவை அணுகவே இயலாது. Bill Gatesஐப் பற்றி ஒரு anecdote கேள்விபட்டிருக்கிறேன். (இதை முன்பே ராஜாவை முன்வைத்து சொல்லியிருக்கிறேன், repeat என்றால் மன்னிக்கவும்.) அவர் கீழே விழுந்த ஒரு 100 டாலர் நோட்டை எடுக்கும் நேரத்துக்குள் இன்னொரு நூறு டாலர் சம்பாதிக்கும் scheduleஇல் இருப்பாராம். பணம், business என்று கொச்சையான அம்சங்களைத் தவிர்த்துப் பார்த்தால், இது போன்று தான் ராஜாவின் தன்னிலை இருந்திருக்க வேண்டும்.

அது தவிர, ராஜாவின் சில வணிகரீதியான 'போதாமைகளை' ரஹ்மானின் ஏற்றத்திற்குக் காரணங்களாய் முன்வைப்பதில் பிரச்சனை இருக்கிறதென நினைக்கிறேன். ரஹ்மானுடைய வரவு தமிழ் சினிமா இசையில் ஒரு புது ஒலியைக் கொண்டுவந்தது, அவர் இசை, pop இசையை, அதன் ஒலிகளை, techniqueகளை, நுட்பங்களை முன்பில்லாத அளவில் நேரடியாக embrace செய்தது, ஒரு புது trendஐ உருவாக்கியது. இதுவே அவர் ஏற்றத்திற்கு (consequently, ராஜாவின் வணிகரீதியான சறுக்கலுக்கும்) முக்கியமான காரணம் என நினைக்கிறேன்.

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aakarsh View Post
    To end the digressions, let me ask something that none of us here have bothered about since quite long time!

Keeping NEPV aside, Whats the next Raaja release in tamil?

In telugu, its Gundello Godari (releasing in tamil too).
    In Malayalam, what next and when?
    In Hindi, what next and when?
    Aakash, every year we will have one mal. movie from satyan. this year also there, I heard that satyan had started the movie as usual without name.
    Music Unities Everyone