Results 1,871 to 1,880 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque View Post
    A.R.Rahman is not a peevish fellow!
    avarale problem varadhu.

vinatha.
    oho - ippo ARRkku certificateaa? i donno what made you think i had posted that ARR would be peeved -
    All i was saying is Sony being an chief endorser of AR - wouldnt appreciate such news leaks .
    I dont know what ARR or IR might think on various things - for i know neither of them personally or havent been a
    fly in their home walls.
    yaaraachum indha 24 hour character study panradha niruththa sollungappa. pls.
    all I prayed was for a little "diplomacy diplaayuhu" from GVM camp when releasing such inflammatory news leaks with no signed agreement paper.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think there will be no audio release of NEPV on July 1. Also, given the hype it has generated, I think GVM might be planning an audio release function! *might be*! i dont know! but if a small film like Dhoni had an extravagant audio release, NEPV with all the hype also should be having one right!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aakarsh View Post
    I think there will be no audio release of NEPV on July 1. Also, given the hype it has generated, I think GVM might be planning an audio release function! *might be*! i dont know! but if a small film like Dhoni had an extravagant audio release, NEPV with all the hype also should be having one right!
    இன்னொரு மேடை இன்னொரு ஏற்புரை
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque View Post
    Rahman has done some amazing albums for flop movies like kangalal kaidhu sei,kadhal vairus , Thakshak etc..
    Exactly. And it is not even a later trend.

Raja was prolific and he was churning out a lot, so he couldn't be bothered differentiating. uchchanthalai uchchiyila etc.

Rahman's output was normal (not low- mind you - just normal; seems low because Raja is monstrous) and so there is this image of selectivity.
    btw we must resist this notion that being selective is somehow a bad thing!

Anyway, if even that notion is not fully backed by facts, he has done many crappy films even in his early days - manidhA manidhA, anyone.
    vaNdichOlai sinraasu - idhu enna super padamA?

I had a casette with vaNdichOlai sinraasu on one side and Duet on the other. Nothing could contrast the 'range differential' of two films more than that.

And god knows how many good songs have been ruined in sorry films by his blindspots like Praveenkanth or for that matter even kadhir, baradhiraja and sj surya (kunaal vs. ramarajan - wouldn't we pick Ramarajan any day??)

And in Hindi he has served many many dabbA films. MADDY can elaborate on this. enakku hindi nahin maloom.

When you see this in the context of his overall output, all this is unacceptable wastage, isn't it?

Oh the irony of having to defend Rahman by saying he has done bad films
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    இன்னொரு மேடை இன்னொரு ஏற்புரை
    I did not understand! Tamil theriyaadhu!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aakarsh View Post
    I did not understand! Tamil theriyaadhu!
    another stage...another acceptance speech

Post Thanks / Like
    hahahaha! look at positive things guys! why bother about things that we cant relate to!!! The positive thing could be that there could be a 'music performance', like in Dhoni. Infact, GVM had VTV music release in UK where the singers performed. So if he does the same for this album too (in India, not in London), then fans in Chennai can have a treat!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not aware of what triggered the ‘ARR also has done good music for dud films’ debate (haven’t checked the external links yet).
    No one denies this I think. However, if one were to consider the topic of debate as ‘IR’s quantity and quality of music in dud films to that of ARR’s’ (which is yet another futile exercise that is likely to reach anywhere useful) and try to think rationally through it, Senthil’s quote could probably help in summing it up for us – “naan elaavadhu passu’ne, aana neenga paththavadhu fail’ne” (I’m 7th standard ‘pass’ but you’re 10th standard ‘fail’; hence I’m superior).
    More often that not, both these guys have gone beyond the standard of the films they're operating within, and that’s been one of the highlights of their respective careers; just that the QUANTITY of IR’s output in this regard is almost beyond comparison with ARR’s handful of movies. And that’s a bloody fact, not just an opinion. And this is no 'victory to IR in this bout' either. Now, again, can we move on, please?

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some clarifications from my end:

1. Sony was the one to produce thiruvasagam first and when all things were put in place we know why sony was not called in but it was given to welgate.

2. Sony Still believes baba pugazh malai has done wonders for them in terms of sale.

3. They are not supporters of A R Rahman and their sales manager in the south just wants to make it big with the sales of IR albums since he personally is a fan of IR. I met him with dhinakar Rajaram and we should him all the websites of raaja groups.

I am not a supporter of sony audio nor i promote and i want sony to do it because of the quality of the cds and sound.

Some one spoke about a r rahman and his flop movies: His flop movies are: Thiruda thiruda, may madam, anthimandarai, pavithra, puthiya mugam, vandicholai chinnarasu, kannathil muttam ittal, love birds, mr romeo, guru tamil, parasuram, pudiya mannargal, baba, kadalar dhinam, kadal desam, jodi, jillunu oru kadal, iruvar, indira,duet, kadal virus,kangalal kaidu sei,uyire, uzhavan: So what does this message convey???

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KV View Post
    I’m not aware of what triggered the ‘ARR also has done good music for dud films’ debate (haven’t checked the external links yet).

No one denies this I think. However, if one were to consider the topic of debate as ‘IR’s quantity and quality of music in dud films to that of ARR’s’ (which is yet another futile exercise that is likely to reach anywhere useful) and try to think rationally through it, Senthil’s quote could probably help in summing it up for us – “naan elaavadhu passu’ne, aana neenga paththavadhu fail’ne” (I’m 7th standard ‘pass’ but you’re 10th standard ‘fail’; hence I’m superior).

More often that not, both these guys have gone beyond the standard of the films they're operating within, and that’s been one of the highlights of their respective careers; just that the QUANTITY of IR’s output in this regard is almost beyond comparison with ARR’s handful of movies. And that’s a bloody fact, not just an opinion. And this is no 'victory to IR in this bout' either. Now, again, can we move on, please?
    adhai thaanE naanum sonnEn. If you read my post I have indeed talked about the monstrous volume differential.

I brought this in response to the twitlonger Sakala posted here.

I merely want to resist the claim that Rahman cherry-picked, rejected bad films and so most of what he did was 'sindhaamal sidharamaal' received well by the public. Rahman too lost plenty of good songs to bad films/filmmakers and the fact that Rahman does so few films in the first place, makes the loss quite acute. Thassal.

Now, we can move on.