Page 176 of 401 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajaramsgi View Post
    adhuvaa? thats because I realized it was inappropriate to bring Raja sir into that conversation.

I meant to make a point that some one working in 100s of movies - means NOTHING. I have no idea how SG managed to sustain upto 1100 movies or even Deva upto 450 when they all are no way close to Raja's or MSV's calibre. Sheer luck can take people to any heights, right?
    what S-G did 1100 movies?
    lets bring in genesis to read this and give you a nice reply - because it is a proven fact that raaja did not give space to anyone when he was at his peak.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    V_S ji, no, I addressed you along as you seemed to reply to my initial post about Rangan. I didn't disagree with you mostly.

Plum - nAn seriyAththAn pEsuRanA? Right vidunga.
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jai, Maybe S_G worked as assistants for that much number of films. Again we need to find out! Few days before, i found a 2 line report in JuVi which said a Malayalam Composer did 1000+ films and a Hindu Report confirmed they were mostly his assisted ones, not as a composer.

In true sense, even our Mottai Boss didn't cross 1000! Just that we are talking that number based on Rakkamma.com where the remakes, dubbed ones etc were just listed as it is..
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Jai, Maybe S_G worked as assistants for that much number of films. Again we need to find out! Few days before, i found a 2 line report in JuVi which said a Malayalam Composer did 1000+ films and a Hindu Report confirmed they were mostly his assisted ones, not as a composer.

In true sense, even our Mottai Boss didn't cross 1000! Just that we are talking that number based on Rakkamma.com where the remakes, dubbed ones etc were just listed as it is..
    remba naal minnaadi vel sonnaaru indha raasavai "mottai" mottai boss" ipdillaam koopdaadheehannu..
    yaarume kaekka maatreeha. minna eppdiyo paravaayillai.. ippo namma oru kurugiya fanatic cult aagittom - inimel indha termslaam raaja ummachi mela use pannnaa - sangu aruppu dhen - sollipten.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jaiganes View Post
    remba naal minnaadi vel sonnaaru indha raasavai "mottai" mottai boss" ipdillaam koopdaadheehannu..
    yaarume kaekka maatreeha. minna eppdiyo paravaayillai.. ippo namma oru kurugiya fanatic cult aagittom - inimel indha termslaam raaja ummachi mela use pannnaa - sangu aruppu dhen - sollipten.
    Ithu mattum ennavaam?!? Oru VeLa neengaLum Pagadi panreengaLaa?!?

Post Thanks / Like
    மூவா? முதல்வா! இனியெம்மைச் சோரேலே

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://shajiwriter.blogspot.co.uk/20...est-tamil.html

I am not a big fan of Shaji's writings.. but I am posting this link for those who who want to read about Malaysia Vasudevan. not sure if this link was shared here earlier. It has some nice references to Raja sir.

Just to say no one knows why Raja sir does things differently than what majority of us think how he should have done it. ex: He did not go to pay homage to his friend Malasiya Vasudevan but he was there was paying his last respects for producer KRG who died yesterday(video link for this in youtube)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    rajaramsgi,

What is your source that Raja did not go to pay homage to Malaysia Vasudevan? I know for a fact, from a person who is close to Raja, that Raja had visited Malaysia in the hospital when he was ill and also was there when Malaysia Vasudevan passed away. It is better to not spread such unfounded rumors, which some people may do for their own vested interest.

Infact in one program on some TV channel, when some award was given to Malaysia Vasudevan posthumously, in from of A R Rahman, Malaysia Vasudevan's family made it a point to mention their indebtedness to Raja. This would not have been done had Raja not taken interest in Malaysia Vasudevan's health. So until and unless we know things fully well, it is better not to pass such comments and also not encourage such comments.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Borrowing (& modifying) Suresh's recent tweet for a different context, here now: "One bucket popcorn ordered. Let the Panchayat begin now"

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anybody know the 100th 200th etc till 900th film of Aiyaa?!? I vaguely recall

100th -
    200th -
    300th -
    400th - Nayagan
    500th - Anjali
    600th -
    700th -
    800th -
    900th -
    1000th(??) -