Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    layman,

'Samrajyam', the movie's whose sequel Perarasu is supposed to direct, had music by Raja. It had no songs but the BGM was quoted in this forum quite often. It can so happen that they decided to have no songs in the sequel as well. In which case Raja will provide only the BGM.

Post Thanks / Like
    prasad,

When we argue based on anecdotal evidence it will get us nowhere. Your friends don't like something, someone else wrote that his/her friend doesn't like something etc, cannot be taken seriously and can be countered by someone else saying, "I know 1000s of youngsters who love Raja because of the way he speaks in public. He doesn't give a shit about what people think. That is how we must be machan". This will only take us back and forth. All that can be said is that you have some expectation from Raja on how he should behave in public. And that is exactly that, just one opinion. Nothing more. Nothing less. As they say in management, "Never take your PPT seriously". Same way don't take your opinion too seriously. It is not that we think you are a top class guy whose opinion matters and so we are replying. We are just replying, one, to be polite. Two, because we hold opinions counter to yours about Raja. I think you have beaten your drum too long. It may be worthwhile if you can stop the same beat again and again. We hear you loudly but we don't care.

Regarding Kamal, as Bala(K) put it kindly, what you are talking is completely against available evidence. Again, anecdotal evidence of getting tickets on 4th day itself does not consititute clinching evidence. Moreover, if the discussion is going to spill out about Kamal, can you take it to the Tamil Film section. I can assure you there will be more than enough people there willing to engage with you. Let us keep this thread for Raja.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sureshs65 View Post
    prasad,

When we argue based on anecdotal evidence it will get us nowhere. Your friends don't like something, someone else wrote that his/her friend doesn't like something etc, cannot be taken seriously and can be countered by someone else saying, "I know 1000s of youngsters who love Raja because of the way he speaks in public. He doesn't give a shit about what people think. That is how we must be machan". This will only take us back and forth. All that can be said is that you have some expectation from Raja on how he should behave in public. And that is exactly that, just one opinion. Nothing more. Nothing less. As they say in management, "Never take your PPT seriously". Same way don't take your opinion too seriously. It is not that we think you are a top class guy whose opinion matters and so we are replying. We are just replying, one, to be polite. Two, because we hold opinions counter to yours about Raja. I think you have beaten your drum too long. It may be worthwhile if you can stop the same beat again and again. We hear you loudly but we don't care.

Regarding Kamal, as Bala(K) put it kindly, what you are talking is completely against available evidence. Again, anecdotal evidence of getting tickets on 4th day itself does not consititute clinching evidence. Moreover, if the discussion is going to spill out about Kamal, can you take it to the Tamil Film section. I can assure you there will be more than enough people there willing to engage with you. Let us keep this thread for Raja.
    Point taken. I will just listen.

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post
    prasad_subbu
    I don't give a damn about whose fan you are. Your statements on Kamal are factually a steaming pile of bull crap (it has nothing to do with what you or I like or dislike). Maybe when you visit earth next time, you will know better.
    As suresh suggested, no point in discussing kamal here.

Post Thanks / Like
    prasad,

Thanks

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Balance portion of the 1976 pEsum padam interview (transcript of the picture posted by pammalar sir in the Memories thread) :

"தங்களுடைய இசையமைப்பிற்கு இருக்கும் வரவேற்பைப் பற்றி என்ன நினைக்கிறீர்கள்?"

"நான் இசையமைத்த முதல் படத்தில் எனக்குக் கிடைத்த நற்பெயரைத் தொடர்ந்து காப்பற்றிக்கொள்ள வேண்டுமென்ற பயம் இருக்கிறது. ரசிகர்களின் மத்தியில் நிலவிவரும் ஓர் இனிய சூழ்நிலையை இனிவரும் படங்களின் மூலம் தக்கவைத்துக் கொள்வேன் என்ற நம்பிக்கை எனக்கிருக்கிறது. எனவே ஒவ்வொரு பாடலுக்கும் மிகுந்த கவனத்தோடு இசையமைத்து வருகிறேன்" இளையராஜாவின் பயங்கலந்த கவனம் பளிச்செனத் தெரிகிறது.

ஏற்கனவே புழக்கத்தில் இருந்த பழைய இசைக்கருவிகளை முடிந்த மட்டும் பயன்படுத்த வேண்டும் என்ற ஆர்வம் இளையராஜாவிற்கு நிறைய இருக்கிறது. மேலும், தயாரிப்பாளர்கள் ஆதரவு தருவார்களானால் திறமை மிக்க புதிய பின்னணிப் பாடகர்களையும், பாடகிகளையும் திரையுலகுக்கு கொண்டு வர முடியும் என்ற நல்லெண்ணத்தை இளையராஜாவிடம் பார்க்க முடிந்தது.

"எவ்வளவோ எதிர்ப்புகளுக்கு மத்தியில் என்னை பஞ்சு அண்ணன் 'அன்னக்கிளி' படத்துக்கு இசையமைப்பாளராக அறிமுகப்படுத்தினார். என் நெஞ்சில் நிறைந்திருக்கும் ஒரு அன்பு உருவம் பஞ்சு அண்ணன். அவரும் ரசிகர்களும் என் மீது வைத்திருக்கும் நம்பிக்கையை என்றென்றும் நிலைநிறுத்திக் கொள்வேன்" - நன்றியால் இளையராஜாவின் கண்கள் நனைகின்றன. உறுதியில் நெஞ்சு நிமிர்கிறது.

'அன்னக்கிளி' தந்த இளையராஜா எண்ணற்ற படங்களில் வரும் பாடல்களை இனிமை பயக்கச்செய்ய வாழ்த்துக்கூறி அவரிடமிருந்து விடை பெறுகிறேன்.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ilayaraja THE GREATEST! thanks, app_eng!

namba chinna vayasuley correct aa vandha, namba indha life ottiduvom with his soulful music's support!

Great! Kamal all getting ready to treat international audiences is it?

Good luck!
    that's why, he is hitting the gym regularly, looking fresh! NICE!

ராஜா ராஜாதி ராஜன் இந்த ராஜா.....உண்டா கமல்'s team லே?
    what a drumming in 1 st interlude! rhythmic delight!
    vinatha.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by baroque View Post
    Ilayaraja THE GREATEST! thanks, app_eng!

namba chinna vayasuley correct aa vandha, namba indha life ottiduvom with his soulful music's support!

Great! Kamal all getting ready to treat international audiences is it?

Good luck!
    that's why, he is hitting the gym regularly, looking fresh! NICE!

ராஜா ராஜாதி ராஜன் இந்த ராஜா.....உண்டா கமல்'s team லே?
    what a drumming in 1 st interlude! rhythmic delight!
    vinatha.
    idhu ennaathukku?
    if he is there - it is nice - but would rather be happy to have kamal collaborate with zimmer, thomas newman and
    veruppethify them with how one man with no technology can precisely do what they are doing with studios, music editors
    and supparasandis.
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    sadharanama dhan ketten!

you don't need to bring your world music composer's knowledge and question me!

edho konjam konjam, Dirty Harry's bgm has jazz flavor, Catch me if you can movie track is very catchy Jazz etc... all these I get to hear when my hubby watches on & on Netflix