Dasavatharam - Blockbuster
    Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu - Blockbuster
    Rama Shyama Bhama - Superhit
    Mumbai Express - Flop
    Vassol Raaja MBBS - Hit
    Virumaandi - Hit
    Anbe Sivam - Flop

1. Thiruvaasagam would have been better had Raaja not sung
    2. Raaja should speak this and not that. Rahman should speak this, could have spoken that.
    3. Kamal is struggling to give hits for the last century
    4. What next??? Raaja should wear blue colour veshti? Kamal does not enough money to pay his Neelankarai house rent?

Santhanam should make way for the real slim shady
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post

1. Thiruvaasagam would have been better had Raaja :
    Hi,

I have different point of view on the above statement. No one cannot bring the feel on thiruvasagam like IR and he was able to bring because he felt and moved with the lines. I feel if some other singer sings, wud have been done as another song, u cannot enjoy like this.
    Music Unities Everyone

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Devaraagam View Post
    Hi,

I have different point of view on the above statement. No one cannot bring the feel on thiruvasagam like IR and he was able to bring because he felt and moved with the lines. I feel if some other singer sings, wud have been done as another song, u cannot enjoy like this.
    Devaraagam
    Of course! That is not my opinion. The 4 points listed above are from prasad_subbu's posts

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by prasad_subbu View Post
    Kamal is struggling to give one hit for several years in Tamil.
    Loss reports keep coming( even now ) for so called Industry Blockbusters. Compared to that, kamal not only has given original blockbusters too, he has been more stable in maintaining both the Mass + Class Hero, successfully.

But what to do, பிரசாத்_சுப்பு மாதிரியே நாட்ல பலபேருக்கு மூளை இருக்கவேண்டிய இடத்துல முட்டைகோஸ் இல்ல இருக்கு?!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bala sir
    vasool raja superhit dhane?
    Say My Name

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raghavendran View Post
    Bala sir
    vasool raja superhit dhane?
    Virumaandi koodathaan super hit. Bala sir, avaiyadakkam?
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    Raghavendran/Ajay
    Raging hit nu ellaam solla mudiyaadhu illaya, adhaan was conservative

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Ir should say X about Y. Rahman should say Z about IR. Mbbs doctor prescribe paNnittArpA? Can somebody recommend these fellers as speech writers for Raja and Rahman. And they can't even see the irony of the megalomania which leads them to prescribe behaviour for Raja and Rahman. Someone said it is ironic I(plum) talk about arrogance. What irony? I know everything about an arrogant mind. Who better than me to identify your arrogance? . First of all, have the humility to understand that a creative mind of the order of Raja will not think like yours. You simply cannot presume avarukkum rendu kannu dhaane, avarum naanum onnu. You aren't. Try to accomodate different ways and behaviour, esp from a genius. And try to first understand what he is saying before getting sanctimonious. If not, you are just an arrogant pri*k who doesn't even have the volume of genius and achievement of the arrogant man whose arrogance you criticise.If your response is to point my character flaws, please understand that that's so not the point. You can evaluate me at your level for we are both insignificants with nothing but empty invective to throw in forumsdz. But if you presume you have the wisdom, experience, knowledge of psychology, and understanding of human mind to come with your half baked theories on Raja, then I must say I have never met a megalomaniac like you. Glad to meet you, humility mafia.
    Being Ardent fan of IR and listening to him through out my prime life, I have always felt he did not get due recognition. Having him as music idol of my time, comes with some expectation on the way he expresses himself in public forum. You have your own way of expecting not expecting things from a genius. Who certified you are correct? It is just your way and you are entitled for it. This is my way and I am sure so many others way.

Yes, we are insignificant compared to what he has achieved. No doubt. But millions of insignificants thinking will make it significant, because there will not be purpose of any artist without fan base. So millions of fans feels like me, then it has a value. I have seen in several occassions youngsters shunning him(not for music) for the way he talks in any public event raising controversy of some sort. You may say it is their loss. But if there are plenty of loss, it is in a way IR's and our loss too as his fans. I have seen writing of sureshkumar(the guy who reviews music) saying that he somehow could not get his room mate to even listen IR song for opinion. This I feel due to the younger generation's opinion on IR as a person as he conveys himself in public.

Finally you don't have to take a personal dig on people who are IRs fan like but with different expectations. Nobody is doing it on you, right?

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bala (Karthik) View Post
    Ayya,
    Welcome to planet earth
    Manmadhan Ambu - Flop
    UPO - Hit
    Dasavatharam - Blockbuster
    Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu - Blockbuster
    Rama Shyama Bhama - Superhit
    Mumbai Express - Flop
    Vassol Raaja MBBS - Hit
    Virumaandi - Hit
    Anbe Sivam - Flop

1. Thiruvaasagam would have been better had Raaja not sung
    2. Raaja should speak this and not that. Rahman should speak this, could have spoken that.
    3. Kamal is struggling to give hits for the last century
    4. What next??? Raaja should wear blue colour veshti? Kamal does not enough money to pay his Neelankarai house rent?

Santhanam should make way for the real slim shady
    First of all, I am as much fan of Kamal in acting as IR in music. He motivated me to do some workouts and stay in shape.

I still stand in my opinion of IR singing full Thiruvasagam by himself. To me voice too matters. But I am seeing and respecting your opinions too. As I mentioned in my previous posts, it would have been very difficult to find a singer who can understand and emote, but not impossible. There are lot of Bhajan, devotional singers in TN, whose name we will not be familiar with. But as the project is funded in unique way, they might not had constraints in doing it. I don't think only IR singing can do justice. That is my opinion and that is what I expressed. Don't see anything wrong in it.

Regarding your list of Kamal hits, I atleast witnessed about movie vettaiyadu vilayadu. I was in TN during that time and saw that movie on Satyam complex on fourth day with my friend. Just went and bought tickets. It became Housefull eventually, but was not like first week. Also even me being a fan of Kamal do not find it great even though I watched it 3 times(subsequently in DVD and all). If this is definition of blockbuster, then may be today's block busters are like that. I think you made some of Kamal's so so movies as hit(you should be just a fan like me).

Kamal was struggling for last few years and could not get proper sponsor for Marmayogi. I read it in one of magazines and I think it is shelved. correct me, if I am wrong.
    Now he is doing Viswaroopam(don't know whether it is his own production) which is good. Trailer do not look promising to me. I am very happy for his Holywood opportunity. He is getting it very late for what he has achieved.

I answered myself to plum on what I expect from my music idol on public forums. I actually talked about ARR opinions in support of what Sakala felt and ended up having Mutaai koos in place of brain.

Post Thanks / Like
    prasad_subbu
    I don't give a damn about whose fan you are. Your statements on Kamal are factually a steaming pile of bull crap (it has nothing to do with what you or I like or dislike). Maybe when you visit earth next time, you will know better.
    Last edited by Bala (Karthik); 12th June 2012 at 06:10 PM.