Page 155 of 401 FirstFirst ... 55105145153154155156157165205255 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,550 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kameshratnam View Post
    sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar:

We all know what he meant . What ever may be the case vijay's father was sitting there and i know when some one takes a sarcastic dig on the child when the parents are present.

I believe people who told me all the incidents since they are very close to the inner circles of IR. Also, please note not many were interested to go to his book release function not because they were not interested in that book but they feared IRs speech.

ARR - IR - Please come down to chennai and i will take you to 3 people who will tell u shocking stories

When he says cinema music is kuppai why cant he release more instrumental albums or some other albums. people are ready to buy and we have even given commitment. Let him not blame the fans for everything.

He talks about music download - i say it is correct to download music and buy originals. When the original itself is not available where do we listen to the songs?
    Kamesh, I know that you have contacts and sources who can reveal and tell more info. Ok, that Vijay/ajith matter, at max, it can be taken as mild hurt thats all.

Whatever anger IR had shown to other ppl in cine industry and whatever he has done to show his anger against ARR, but not known to media or not done in public, you seem to know that! So what man? I already said, we can only take into account what is available public. anything below that is nothing but peeping into his Drawing room.

I don't care what he has spoken behind the walls but I only see that he has infact given very well respect to Rahman/Others and I don't see any shortcomings in that at all.

Regarding the echo rights, music download(official release um pannamaatraaru, illegal download um thappunraaru) and his opinion on cine music, today's MDs, you are mixhing all this and saying that as ego! May be we can say he is not taking the steps to be a pukka professional, for example, in case of non availability of good quality official albums. Again we hear somebody is working on that.

He is not media friendly and sometimes answers harsh. But again we don't care to look at stupid questions. It is not his hobby to come and be harsh to media. HE just reacts to the question. Thatswhy i said the question shud not be misleading.

Above all, we fans hail him and call him god-like only for music! He is seen as a pure and pristine soul becos of his music and not other things! Above all, even after he is well aware of the great love which he is seeing from his fans, he never tries to mis-use that to portray his personal character as god-like. He is still arrogant to the person who deserves that! I am saying he is not faking even a bit. He is very natural.

So, whatever secrets you can say, is not going to alter my opinion/respect on him, becos i simply see no reason!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "We all know what he meant . What ever may be the case vijay's father was sitting there and i know when some one takes a sarcastic dig on the child when the parents are present."

I thought he meant to say that , we as listeners have developed a taste like that - that , we cant accept an amma song in Vijay movie - Can we now ? He finished saying " naam engae poi kondu irukirom enbathai yosithu paarungaL" , which confirms my view

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sakala,

GR8 post and you are echong my thoughts. No one is understanding IR as on his thought and views. all of them are expecting him to reflect their expectations and views. He is honest man and says whatever he thinks like bharathiyar....does not care anyone else.
    Music Unities Everyone

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    App,

Thanks for pesumpadam interviews and expecting complete interviews at the earliest.
    Music Unities Everyone

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    in Indian film scenario, i rate Kamal and IR on par with each other - the difference between them being the former is a far better, nuanced diplomat than the latter! latter is very straight forward!

so its not surprising that Kamal often goes out of his way to give way too much space for ppl who are nowhere near him in terms of talent / potential etc - IR enakku SD Burman, Naushad pidikkum mattum solluvaaru - romba thuruvi ketta, 'plastic music' nu badhil varum! adhu avaroda sontha opinion! avaru enna, ellarukkum pudichhaa maadhiri 'ARR is great, HJ is great, SG is great, Laxmikant-Pyarelal is great' appdeennu sonnaathhaan avar humble appadeennaa, avar egoistic aathaan iruppaar!

Kamal himself divulged that if he tries to praise IR, IR would brush it off and say 'lets focus on the work at hand' - Kamal enna poiyyaa solraar ?

mediavukkum, makkalsukkum pozhudhu pogalannaa idha madhiri, 'gas' release panna vendiyadhu!

joliya paathuttu pongayyaaannu sonnaa 'enna oru thimir, egathalam, aanavam' nu pecchu varum!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ivvalavu IR oda arrogance patthi vaai kizhiya pesara all makkalskku oru kelvi - how many of you - software engineers, doctors, accountants etc etc - even bother to be humble in your respective lives ? edho neegallaam sadhaa thinking about your brethren dying in africa ?? in your own little world, you have your own egos and think you are better than everyone else! so how the heck do you even bother to judge someone like IR with his accomplishments ??

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    And Kamesh, ungaLukku IR kku close aa irukkura aatkaL theriyum, so avanga ungakitta 'etho' solraanga, neenga athai vechi avaroda personal character decide pannureenga.

Ithe maathiri, matha MDs kkum close aana persons iruppaanga, behind the screen avanga enna pesuraanga, enna pannuraangannu ungaLukku theriyumaa?!? Parakkum Vandu Size la maari, ellaa MD oda personal room kku poi enna panraangannu paathuttu, irukkurathuleye intha IR thaan paa romba mosam, nnu therinja maathiri pesureenga?!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by irir123 View Post
    in Indian film scenario, i rate Kamal and IR on par with each other - the difference between them being the former is a far better, nuanced diplomat than the latter! latter is very straight forward!

Agree with you. Kamal is pushed to be diplomatic since he still has to keep an eye on the box office. If he was a musician and as successful as Raja. He will probably react the same way as Raja. They both are misfits in TFM as they are constantly trying to top themselves and looking to do something great but rarely get the right opportunity. Instead they are forced by their situation to produce kuppai and oorukkai in the hope of landing something better and also to continue their professional relationship with their peers.

Raja constantly plays down his achievement and puts down his music. If you listen to his BBC interview he doesn't even take claim for bringing gramathiya music and argues other composers before has done it and cites example. At the same time, he believes you need to have some sort of artistic arrogance to believe you can do better music otherwise you will not be able to succeed. This is true and healthy.

If Raja doesn't have a taste for ARR, HR or other new music coming from TFM. I'd rather have him express that than show fake modesty and appreciation. He has not singled out any names publicly and just blamed the current trend. That is as diplomatic as Raja gets. I remember reading a story long time ago, that he chastised Karthik Raja for creating bad music but later went back to him hear the piece again but KR had already deleted it. Raja just has strong opinions on music but like IRIR13 said, it is just his personal opinion. Nothing wrong in having one and expressing it.
    My video blogs on storytelling in Ilayaraja songs --> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...7EZL2qTp7nmqPH

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Enough has been discussed on this politeness, humility meme. I am not evne inclined to mock at the stupid constructs made by respected members of humility mafia here. Suffice to say, namma society thirundhavE thirundhAdhu.

uNmaiya sonnA EnyA hurt AgaRInga? thaRpOdhiaya Vijay padam apdi thAnE? avar sonnadhula enna thappu?

bleddy mediocre minds, stop evaluating a genius at YOUR level. nInga ellAm avarukku adbvice solRInga pArunga - ungaLukku evLO thimir? evLO ANavam? avLO thagudhi irukkA ungaLukku? Ever thought o fthat.
    To me, there is no arrogacnce more desipcable than mediocre minds taking class on etiquette to geniuses.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,

No one under the sky is beyond criticism.

Namma society thirundha vendiya avasiyam illai.
    We come from the society which puts even Gods under criticism.
    As long as it is done in a healthy and dignified manner, there is always space to question and criticise.
    Everybody who criticised Raja's way of speech has done it in a very healthy way.
    Ungalai maathiri "stupid" , "mafia", "bleddy" , "mediocre" enru inge yaarum vaarthaiyai throw seiyyavillai.
    neengal arrogance pari pesugireergal ??
    Neram...