Page 151 of 401 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    even so, it doesn't feel right for me.

He could have told in a general manner.

'INDHA VARUSHAM AWARDS VANGINA ELLARUKKUM VAAZHTHUKKUL!'

appadinnu poyirundha nalla erundhu erukkum.

regular people like me, we don't follow every little thing,

indecent aa dhaan thonum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raja_fan,

Our thoughts are similar in what you feel about his talk. I also tried in similar lines, but could not sum it up beautifully as you did.

But at the same time, I feel he did not get due recognition he deserves in music department. People say he do not care for award and all. But I feel he will have a let down feeling that his talent was not recognised properly. I think that would be feeling of anybody who followed IR's work for long time. May be it manifests differently while he talks.

Anyways, I do not want to be Raja Bhakthar who appreciates and find substatiantion for what all he talks and do. I want to his true music fan as he has given so many songs which are close to my heart.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The very purpose of reporters asking the kostin is to get Vambu. Ithu mattum Raja_fan kku thappaa theriyaathu!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Iam Seeing this site 1st time -> http://www.ilayaraja.co.in/movies.html

It lists 821 films(guess no repeats and the last film it lists is Yeto Vellipoyindi Manasu!)
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is not a politician and he talks what he thinks (same way he does music). Need to respect him for that. Let us not try to teach him "DOs and Don'ts".

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let us bring Kamal and forget the unfortunate Q&A Ir session...

KAMAL-ILAYARAJA
    Last edited by baroque; 8th June 2012 at 09:49 PM.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think IR is not arrogant, just does not know to communicate diplomatically. There are very many people who are arrogant, think too highly of themselves but because of their communication have a humble image. Even if he is arrogant, thinks he is a philosopher, writer or what not. I have zero problems. If you cannot digest it and affects your musical choices so be it. As KV (?) suggested, read the biographies of other high-achievers. He is not an "ordinary" guy with "ordinary" mind. He is in a different plane. Our standards of humility or modesty do not apply. Are we going to throw away e=mc ** 2 or Mozarts' symphonies or even throw Steve Job's products out from your pocket because of their personalities ?
    I think talking about IR's personality is like talking about actors/actresses personal relationships.. No real value.
    Last edited by kiru; 8th June 2012 at 11:11 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have spoken to many people who have been close to the genius and all of them have only 1 thing to say......Listen to his music and be happy if we dig more into the human side then we will get more surprises and SHOCKS

thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Some face changing events in IR's public appearances

1. As someone quoted : Can this song be included in a vijays movie? SAC's face did change and sadly he could not react

2. HTNI live chennai : Yuvan, did u know thyagaraja swami composed many of this songs before he was 27 years old...this showed in yuvans body language when he came to sing.

How many of us had our fingers crossed when IR attended the oscar felicitation ceremony for ARR and even there he did not talk to the point

Post Thanks / Like
    BTW, I am not surprised by some of the criticisms of IR's handling of people or communications. I am pretty sure, even my close friends or relatives would have the same reaction. I suspect it is a cultural issue. In Indian culture, we expect everybody to conform to certain stereotypes. Though I am one who is proud of this culture, I am not sure certain aspects of our culture are good. One thing, I have read and subscribe to is - our society is able to produce good talent, but unable to identify and nurture extraordinary talents. In the US, inspite of the controversary over IQ measurements, the school system even today runs some tests likes this (COGAT) and sorts/separates students for special coaching. For that matter, even within the same grade/school, some students are put in to "advanced" programs. I think our expectations of behavior/stereotypes are clouding our identification of these "high-achievers" (not just lack of testing). For eg, when in college, one of my classmates used to sit at the front benches and bombard the lecturers with lots of questions. A particular lecturer thought he was arrogant and testing her. But in actuality, he was a very good student and really interested in learning the stuff (while some of us ignored the lessons or never took notes). He is Venture Capitalist in the US now, after being at C level in 2 or 3 companies and now has a holding company just for his enormous number of patents.
    IR probably would have been the humblest artiste in Hollywood if he had been born in the US