Page 150 of 401 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Someone must have finally shown him the mirror!
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raja_Fan, You should read Biographies of other great Composers, Artists etc. Mozart use to write letters to relatives, friends which will have foul words. Thats just one thing to say. He himself had said his life is not worth to follow, and not pure like his music.

Generally, the attributes you find in Raja which are disturbing atleast for you are,

the way he does self-praise(this is actually less, and he equally talks low profile things abt him. So this is balanced, i would say)

Other 2 striking things are
    he doesn't say even simply good things and basic wishing words about other MDs, mostly of his and the next gen
    he kinda doesn't care at all and look about the ppl who went away to other MDs or those who at times kind of insulted him

See, these 2 are purely professional, almost everybody has this. There is nothing to worry for general public. He treats even his kind of dumbest fan, nicely, when he talks in his concerts. He doesn't Discriminate btw his intelligent and dumb fans.

Above all, there are lot of good traits he has which other MDs not at all have. Neither in 80s 90s, where he did 50+ films per year, nor now, he doesn't asks extra comfort for composing sessions. Even now, most of his Salary goes to Recording and other technicians. Just compare the recent MDs who charge in Crores and at times, if the album flops, actually there is no way how the produces makes up with that loss! Raja has not let any producer in such a situation.

Though we all know, his speed also brings down the cost very much. He don't take too many days and thus in a way reducing the composing session costs.
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raja_fan View Post
    இன்னொரு சம்பவம்.
    "What do you feel on Rahman getting Padma Bushan..? " என்று ஒரு நிருபர் கேட்டதற்கு உடனே "Why should I feel for him ? I have to feel for myself. He should feel for himself" என்று குதிக்க வேண்டுமா ? "சந்தோஷம்" அல்லது "வாழ்த்துக்கள்" என்று ஒரு வார்த்தையில் கூட முடித்திருக்கலாமே.
    "அவனவன் விதி அவனவன் கையில்" என்ற தத்துவ பொருளையா அந்த நிருபர் நாடி வந்தார் ? நீங்கள் இப்படி பேசுவீர்கள் என்று தெரிந்து தானே பலர் உங்களின் வாயை நோன்டுகிரார்கள். அதையாவது புரிந்து கொண்டு பேசலாமே.
    I quite liked his response - atleast one guy has guts not to give what media wants , but what he wants to say .

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rajaramsgi View Post
    கருத்து சுதந்திரத்தில் இதை எழுதி இருக்கிறேன். என் மீது கல் ஏரியாதீர்கள் ப்ளீஸ்..

ராஜா சாருக்கு பேச தெரியறது இல்லை... ஆனால் தன்னை பெரிய பேச்சாளர் என்று நினைத்து எதையோ சொல்லவந்து எதையோ சொல்லி விடுகிறார்.கமல் சுத்த தமிழில் பேச வந்து, கடைசியில் வட்டார தமிழில் பேசிவிடுவது இல்லையா? ஏறக்குறைய அதுவும் இதுவும் ஒன்று தான்.

ராஜாவுக்கு தான் ஒரு பேச்சாளர் என்று மட்டுமல்ல,வெண்பா புலவன், கவிஞர், உரைநடை ஆசிரியர், சிறந்த பக்திமான், சிந்தனை வாதி, தர்மகர்த்தா என்றெல்லாம் தன் மீது பெரிய நம்பிக்கை இருக்கிறது, அதை அவ்வப்போது காட்டியும், ஊதியும், அடித்தும் வந்திருக்கிறார்.

எனகென்ன தோன்றுகிறது என்றால், ராஜா சார் கடந்து வந்த பாதை அப்படி. ஓரளவிற்கு மேல ஏறி வந்த பின்னர், தன்னை யாரும் குறைத்து மதிப்பிட கூடாது என்று நினைக்கிறார் போல. பாரதிராஜா சொன்னது போல், ராஜா சாருக்கு இமேஜ் கான்சியச்னஸ் அதிகம். அதன் தாக்கமே இப்படி பட்ட பேச்செல்லாம்.

சகலமானவர்களுக்கும் இதனால் நான் சொல்வது என்னவென்றால், யார் நண்பன்?, யார் எதிரி? என்று தெரியாமல், பேச கூடாத விஷயத்தை,பேச கூடாத இடத்தில் பேசி விடுவதால், நாமலா தான் வலியக்க போய் மாட்டிகிறோம்.

Summed up very well. This is an impression lot of ppl have or feel about Raja but you have to understand he is an not spokesperson or diplomat, he is an artist. I love his chats/talks and his off tangent remarks. Very insightful. An explosion of experience. They express love for beauty, contempt for hypocrisy, search for truth, frustration with everything that spoils his beloved field and craft. Raja is bold not arrogant. He may seem tactless but it is an outpouring of his emotional intelligence. IMO, a wonderful artist.

Also, your strength is your weakness. If you separate an artist from his "troubles", paradoxical views and insecurities. You don't get art, you just get trouble. I will take Raja's straight forward, blunt remarks and talks anytime compared people who seem humble in front of you and talk bad behind your back.

One can always pick faults in a person. Raja stands for so many good things in life. He is sincere, focused, dedicated, passionate and has an insatiable thirst for knowledge, If I could only acquire one or two of qualities that would be great
    My video blogs on storytelling in Ilayaraja songs --> http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...7EZL2qTp7nmqPH

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    SKV,

When consultants charge a bomb to give you advice. raja_fan is giving it free of cost !!! So no tension, be happy. We must acknowledge that people take time off from their busy schedule and come here to dispense with their advice. So we must all be thankful that Raja has such raja_fans!!! Instead of that why you getting tension !!!

raja_fan: You condinue maa.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    pesaama, section and thread titles la 'thimiru pidichcha', 'heavy headed' ippidi ada mozhi include panneedalaama?
    variable global declaration will stand good for any situation/circumstance going ahead, illa? logic redundancy korayumE.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sure Sureshs65 !!
    Your thanks encourages me to condinue to stand apart from the coterie crowd and be a fan of IR ( of his music alone )

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KV View Post
    'thimiru pidichcha', 'heavy headed'
    If these traits show up during NEPV composing, then that's a good sign in one way i.e. an awesome score assured!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MumbaiRamki View Post
    I quite liked his response - atleast one guy has guts not to give what media wants , but what he wants to say .

MR,

It doesn't come across as gutsy.

It showed him as an arrogant person who can't even congratulate his colleague in his best moment.

அவருக்கு இதை மாதிரி பதில் சொல்லனும்ன்னு தோணினதே ஆச்சர்யமாவும், வருத்தமாவும் இருந்து!

Idhellam edhukku namba ninaippu vaichukkanum?

Let us remember the good ones which are HIS MUSIC!
    Last edited by baroque; 8th June 2012 at 08:22 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vinatha,

If you look at it in another way, you may find Raja was very diplomatic. We fans itself felt that the GOI did a great injustice by clubbing them together. They should have waited atleast an year before giving it to Rahman. Who can say that Raja did not feel the same. If it was so, then the answer is fairly diplomatic isnt't it? Rather than saying why they gave him now? Personally I was happy with what Raja told. I was definitely not happy that Rahman was given the title the same year Raja was and would have been disappointed had Raja said anything else. So to each their own !!!