Senior Member Seasoned Hubber raajarasigan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    simply impossible, I say
    IR / KH / Sujatha / Bala / BC Lara / Curtly Ambrose

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok. Is there a site which lists songs?!? Let it be incomplete, but still....I don't want Movie listing, but Song listing
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    கார்த்திக்ராஜாவின் இசை பிடிக்குமென்றாலும், அப்படி என்ன தனிச்சிறப்பு உள்ளதென, படம் வரைந்து பாகம் குறித்து விளக்கவும். 10 மார்க்!
    yes, he might be knowledgeable ..his tunes are also very robust ..but somehow his orchestration of songs leaves something to be desired. The market is very big and appreciative..This is what is preventing him from making it big. Yuvan, sets his goals not so high and executes well (even though I am not fond of his songs.. but I dont find anything jarring either).

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    adhaan thalaivare sollittAre appuRam engaLai pArththu enna kELvi. As for reasons for his failure, my theory is that while he is IR's isai vaarisu in many ways, he failed to inherit the one important ingredient - prolificity. Even if some of Raja's 80s output can be considered average, he was capable of atleast 1 amazing, high quality album per month through that period. Karthikeyan is probably capable of 2 per year, provided the director is ultra involved and the film/story/situ is highly inspiring him creatively. He didnt form sufficient succesful partnerships with directors like that - and that's that. When he was really young, inspiration flowed by itself for the likes of Grahan, Kanmani, Enakkoru etc.

Also one more - and an important reason for my identification with him, and I have to warn you there are absolutely no data points for this theory - is that he is "mentally lazy". One of my Professors in College assessed me thus. (padu paavi, post graduate studiesku Matsciencela apply paNNittu, ivar kitta recommendation letter kEttirundhEn - andha letterla dhaan ipdi ezhudhi irundhAn padupaavi - nalla vELai adhai use paNdradhukku munnAdi oru muRai padichu pArthEn. "PLum is capable of really outstanding research in that this etc but one thing he has to improve is he is mentally lazy"-Am. adhu recommendationAm). I have a hunch, like me, he really creates only when there is absolutely no other go, and creativity thAnA thAnga mudiyAma uLLErundhu pongi kittu varrappO - and such moments are far too infrequent for him to make a mark in his field. (Just as it is for me).

Unlike us, IR, ofcourse, summA ukkArndhAlE, such creativity pongi pongi varum, daily varum, That I believe is the difference

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KV View Post
    @syrup baliAdurahmanmodel

nandri plum. vaazhkaila alatchiyamaa irukkara naa, latchathula oruththana? pOnga baas, neenga eppavume ippidi dhaan.
    KVm - nAn yAraiyAvadhu pArAtti pArthirukkiyA? anAvasiyamA yAraiyum pArAtti pazhakkamillai - romba pheel paNNA dhAn pArAttuvEn so I really meant it.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flau, regarding Raja's creativity, yes it is an Amudha surabhi & am sure in this 30 years, he wud hav just got some great tunes/pieces and lost them, in the process of bringing them from his mind to real world.

Regarding karthikeyan, i am not sure if he did many many gems with IR, unofficially working with him. But vaguely remember he contributed even the thenral vanthu theendum bothu etc. Point is, if he got such gems in his minds, he wud have took the other films he got, seriously. But even after ppl like ABCL, Kamal, Maniratnam(dum x 3)even KB(Album movie, chellame chellam song) et all helping karthik raja, he didn't go far. One thing agreed, in all the 4 films i said b4 and his other films, his tunes were unik. agreed. but not completely new sounds. I find them as somewhat extensions of Raja's work. If somebody said they were Raja's still it is bilevable(artistically, not in real terms) So i feel he didn't have BaaNi, pattern which is fresh and unique only to himself. On other end, Yuvan really had something unique to himself and thatswhy he was able to attract lot of directors on his own. Albums like thulluvatho Ilamai, Poovellaam kettuppaar et all had that new sound which was unique only to him. And i feel he is the 1st one to emerge, after Rahman, as youth kamboser, pushing back likes of Deva, GVP even Harris arrived late. One may argue that this new, unique sound of yuvan is not likeable for them, its ok. but his is more unique, original.

Being 1st of Raja's heritage, and also being chella piLLai for all these days, i guess he shud hav kept maintaining himself in field. If not film albums do albums like HTNI, for example. Being the 1st guy of that lineage, he shud have done something. But raja is kind on him is evident. Raja gave the remake rights, use of his tunes as ring tones etc, those financial rights went to karthik.,
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Post Thanks / Like
    Maestro's Tamil Poem Book to be released soon
    இளையராஜாவின் 2-வது கவிதை!
    இசையமைப்பாளர் இளையராஜா, `வெட்டவெளிதனில் கொட்டிக் கிடக்குது' என்ற பெயரில், ஏற்கனவே ஒரு கவிதை புத்தகம் வெளியிட்டார்.
    அடுத்து அவர் இன்னொரு கவிதை புத்தகத்தை விரைவில் வெளியிட இருக்கிறார். புத்தகம் வேகமாக தயாராகிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறது!

Post Thanks / Like
    Maestro at Bhagavan Sri Ramana Maharshi’s 62nd Aradhana on April 18

Post Thanks / Like
    manathodu mano : Ilayaraaja sirs former troupe member : FLute sudhakar

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mano sir program!

Beautiful job!

rukhmani rukhmani.... oh! ivar dhaanaa andha velai!

Good old A.R.Rahman's ROJA... ennoda paiyyan / cousins etc... ARRahman music albums CDs yellam body part maadhiri vachchu suttittuerukkanunga!

thanks,