Page 113 of 401 FirstFirst ... 1363103111112113114115123163213 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am touched by IR's nostalgic recall of his association with LSub!

Ippo Pannunga , Raja!

L.Sub with IR, let the world experience it!

enakku N.Rajam- hindustani Violinist also romba romba pidikkum!

Dear LSub,

You have worked with some amazing artists around the world, I do not know you have done jugalbandhi with N.Rajam, I am searching, if he has never, I think he should for our pleasure!

Two contrasting styles!

koduppinai erundha nadakkum namakku!

yeah... too much claps, laughing, wish they were quiet.

Anyway.... Thanks WIZZY!

Vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 1st May 2012 at 11:42 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Punnaimaran's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Plum, wizzy for the nice write ups. Feel sad to have missed it.
    இந்தக் காட்டில் எந்த மூங்கில் இசைக்க வல்லது என்று மயங்கிய பொழுது
    இறைவன் தேர்ந்தெடுத்தப் புல்லாங்குழல் தான் நம் இசைஞானி !!

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Audio has been removed due to copyright
    Last edited by kameshratnam; 2nd May 2012 at 12:02 PM. Reason: copyrigt

Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by kameshratnam View Post
    Audio only - how to name it show held on april 29, 2012 at chennai http://soundcloud.com/rdhinakar/how-to-name-it

BIG THANKS kameshratnam.

Plum, Usually we can feel raja when we close and listen him. in this way I got the oppertunity of feel how to name it live because of you people. thank a lot friends.
    Music Unities Everyone

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber MumbaiRamki's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Mumbairamki, so you were there? Am I right in assuming you were the one who shouted "We love you Karthik" ?
    No way . I was there , but shouting yellaam illa .. naanga yellaam quiet ( except for the song megam kottatam , where i gave a scream in the end )

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh! That means there is a 3rd Karthikeyan fanatic in the world. Epdiyavadhu avarai thEdi pidichu namma rasigar mandra geththai kAttaNum

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My titbit about the HTNI concert..
    First of all it was great meeting KV and Wizzy once again after the Endrendrum Raaja Concert. Also i got to meet the articulate Plum [ Definitely not the grumpy person we expected :P)] ..

My favourite moments of the concert.
    1) Raaja's speech and singing - Boy , the way he speaks is as astonishing as his music. So freeflowing and spontaneous. The fear or should i say the respect he instills on vidhwans like Anil Srinivasan and Rajesh Vaidya has to be seen to be believed. Him , playing bits on the piano and talking about all those invertible counterpoints was just awe inspiring. Though music comes naturally to him , the way he spoke clearly shows his understanding/clarity in musical concepts. When he sang Sada Sada , it was more than enough for a lifetime.
    2) Dont Compare piece - My entire body started to shake , that Ambi Kozhandhai is just exceptional ..violin ennama pesaradhu , my legs automatically made me stand up and give a raptourous applause.This is wat they call a performance of a lifetime. Those 2 mins at the end suggested i was witnessing history of a different kind. :OMG: The minor blip ofcourse being Anil juggling up the piece and naming it as Mad Mood Fugue instead.
    3) Lovely selection of Raaja's cine songs performed (the interesting fact being they werent the usual Maestro songs sung) . Suresh you would have surely enjoyed it.
    A birdie already told me that Aganthaiyil Aadivara from Uliyin Osai was gonna be performed and the aalapanai he sang was a scorcher. The disappointing factor was almost the entire Raaja fans audience were clueless about this composition and wondering what was happening.
    Serves the common Raaja fan good for missing out on his classics from the 2000's It proved that its time to introspect esp for those who stereotype Raja within a particular timeframe.

Plum has mostly covered almost inch perfect of what all happened a the show. His write ups are being copied all over fb and getting lotsa likes (me included )
    It was thoroughly engagging and his write up again made me visualise the historic event which I was part of
    And Wizzy thanks a ton man for the audio links.

I will share some of my personal moments and also some of the comments of the others.
    * When Raaja sang Sada Sada , I believe our renowned hubber Rajasaranam was fully in tears. He is a big man and now you can imagine the power of our Maestro's music which made him shed tears.
    * Another gentleman ( mind you he wasn’t drunk) remarked - Enakku Idhu Porum , ippove naan road la car adi pattu sethudanum
    This concert was an emotional tearjerker in every sense , it moved even the staunchest of the staunchest.
    * Happened to bounce into Karthik Raja , thanked him for the show and told him "please please organise more shows like this and Thiruvasagam should be next"
    He smiled and pointed his hand out to Bhavatha and said "Neenga Avanga kitta sollunga - avanga nadathi veppanga

I got to meet my classmate from Ps Sr Sec School , Mylapore Haricharan and took a pic with him.
    This boy used to win every single prize which used to be announced in the morning assembly. All this has culminated to where he is right now.
    His rendition of Ada Machamulla was brilliant.- esp the Nadhrudhaana Dhiranaana portion which he sung twice

For me personally , this was the fifth time im getting to see our Musical God Maestro Ilaiyaraaja
    Jun 5 , 2010 - Nothing But Wind Concert
    Mar 5 , 2011 - Cine Associations 50th yr celebration where he performed a CR Subbaraman number (Saw ARR for the first time then)
    Dec 28 , 2011 - Endrendrum Raaja Concert - The longest time I got to witness him.
    Jan 28 , 2012 - Dhoni Audio Launch where he performed the 4 songs from the movie
    Apr 29 , 2012 - How To Name It Concert.

Among all these occassions ,I felt he was the coolest and was in a very good mood during the HTNI concert. He spoke more than usual (ofcourse need to thank our KR also for that)
    For me personally , it was the closest I got to him and even managed to touch him and behold even got my bro click a photo of him and LS on their way out.
    Though it is blurred (will upload it here) , I feel am blessed to be in the same screen space as perhaps the greatest creator of music who ever walked on Planet Earth.
    The most precious and priceless moment of my life. Period !..

As I was leaving ,stopped the car , got down to check if there was a How to Name it cd available for remembrance.
    My friend gave me the bad news that it was completely sold out.
    But something told me to climb up the stairs and check the stall despite my frends words. Perseverance pays off sometimes.
    The stall guy said not available and he had one cd with him to give to some vip.I pleaded with him and the guy next to him asked to give it to me.
    Paid the 150 bucks , got this piece of memorabilia in my hand and left Anna Centenary Auditorium.

It was an unforgettable and truly memorable experience.
    It was a really special Raaja Darshanam
    I just feel like rewinding this experience all over again.
    Just mere words cannot describe this How to Name it Experience.

528013_358286820887751_100001193075690_947805_97650789_n.jpgPhoto0130.jpg
    Last edited by skr; 1st May 2012 at 06:27 PM.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by San_K; 1st May 2012 at 06:42 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    skr,
    Very moving post. Thanks for the detail write-up on the concert. I somehow from all these posts that it is a Maestro family concert with only privileged chosen to attend. Gifted fellows.