Page 111 of 401 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121161211 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Veteran Hubber jaiganes's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    usually i am not a senti guy..
    havent been to india/chennai in 5 years - havent missed even 1 minute till today morning.
    you guys have made me sick.. and i need to listen to "Agila Agila - OK OK" song in loop for rest of the day to
    forget all this..
    <closing eyes> This never happened.. There was no concert and raaja did not speak... </closing eyes>
    Apparently, a democracy is a place where numerous elections are held at great cost without issues and with interchangeable candidates.
    - Gore Vidal

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    //Then, commenting on Ambi, he recalled how, as a child, Ambi used to cry that his father scolds him saying he is playing the music too fast. Raja recalled that he advised the young Ambi to retort to his father that "avasaram illainA musicE illainu sollu avar kitta". //

plum, i think it was 'abaswaram' not avasaram.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    The songs section started of fwell with Om Sivoham by Sriram P with good support on the chorus by Sathyan, Agandhaiyik aaduvadhaa(Feeyar should have been there for this one from uLiyin Osai), and Bavadha singing Ninnai CharanadaindhEN. Wait, it wasnt that bad, honest, She faltered only in "midimaiyum acchamum", and surprisingly, held up very well for the rest of the song. And then the disco stuff took over, and although well intentioned to show off the brass parts and the string section thARumARu craeted by our man, it was clearly out of place under the gaze of Bach and Thiagarajar, something the man himself would point out later. And when Bavadha tried to pass it off as "unga pAttu dhAnEppA", you should have seen his reaction. Daughter or not, it was abundantly clear that you mess up with his musical Gods at your own peril!

Post Thanks / Like
    naarayanan, you are right, I guess. nAn paravasa nilaila irukkEn. Forgive me for minor mistakes, please!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakalakakavallavar
    But we expected more words from you. You have to show us that slice of the genius' mind you saw today! Don't say "How to Name it?!" You can! Mavane You shu
    I have tried my best - hope you got atleast one millionth of the experience we had, from my words

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    # That his music is yet to be comprehended fully by even trained personnel came to the fore when Anil Srinivasan confidently introduced "Mad mod mood fugue", talking about how fugue segues into waves of melodies and how he found atleast six in this when 2 or 3 is the usual norm. Just a piece later, he had to sheepishly announce that Raja had called him in between the piece and informed him that this wasn't a fugue in the first place! This was the state of a renowned pianist who has been widely respected for his musical acumen in music circles of Chennai. Imagine what kind of surface scratching TFM fans have done over the years then?
    Even there, if it is even acceptable, that to comprehend a genius work, it is not that easy, whatever music skills they have. I am more concerned that how people just/frequently dismiss his work without even knowing what they are missing. Poor genius!

Plum,
    With all your posts I can only remember Saagara Sangamam climax scene after the dance is over, when Balakrishnan was introduced to the audience
    as her Guru, and the audience start applauding, Kamal expresses with this glowing face that he wants to hear more of that and asks them continue
    raising his hands. (Greatest film moment for me, that was/is/will be) This was because he was deprived of some great opportunities due to unavoidable circumstances and no one knows his true calibre. First time when he hears this uproar that too for him, he does not want them to stop. He feels that as a true recognition. Similarly your posts serves as that and everyone should read this and Maestro will be proud of. Thank you so much Plum.

When people bring in kolaveri di in this concert, I don't know what to say, except that guy was lucky that I am not there.

Junior Member Devoted Hubber rajaramsgi's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    கான்சர்ட் போன அத்தனை பேரும் புண்ணியவான்கள்.
    வாசித்தவர்கள்,வழங்கியவர்கள், பங்கு பெற்றவர்கள், அனைவரும் தேவதைகள்.
    புது ராகம் படைப்பதாலே ராஜாவும் இறைவனே.

இது போன்ற நிகழ்சிகளில் பங்கு கொள்ள முடியாமல் தவிக்கின்ற கோடானு கோடி பேர் - என்னை போல் பாவிகள்.

எழுத்தால் தொகுத்து வழங்கிய அனைவருக்கும் நன்றி. கேட்க வெட்கமாக இருக்கிறது. யாரேனும் மொபைலில்
    நிகழ்ச்சியை சுட்டிருந்தால், பகிர்ந்து கொள்ளுங்களேன்.

Post Thanks / Like
    Great posts, Plum!

:Pullarips:

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Plum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sakalakakavallavar
    But we expected more words from you. You have to show us that slice of the genius' mind you saw today! Don't say "How to Name it?!" You can! Mavane You shud
    I have tried my best - hope you got atleast one millionth of the experience we had, from my words
    Flau, Even Though I listened to the mp3 files (thanks wizzy ) reading ur posts was a simple WOW! I vaguely remember, you were saying in NEPV thread(during fights) and some other thread that you are not interested in dissecting raagaas, writing about music, its feel, write-ups etc. But HTNI and Raja the genius had broke your that very thought and you wrote one of the hubs Most great Write ups! The moment I shared ur 1st post on twitter, that was Re-Tweeted by many and Even i got new followers. Some have Favorited(i guess they bookmark it for future read) That is more than enuf to say! Above all, I am more interested to meet you in next possible hubbers meet.

My only worry is, now what album is there to perfomr live, Thiruvaasagam? very tough right!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Senior Hubber Devaraagam's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by San_K View Post
    Thats fine. But I guess plum missed NBW concert and now he attended HTNI concert, appo miss panninathukku avaru enna solluraaru

BTW As Bhava said, there will not be any TV telecast? I thought it is some trick by her to gain crowd for concert (absolutely no neeed for this, ofcourse). Really no telecast? If not, atleast they should release DVD.
    Ennathu Telecast kidaiyatha.....we do not have fate to even watch in tv ( correction, youtube. Tvley pottathan someone will record and upload in YouTube )

Plum you were correct we are all in 2nd category
    Music Unities Everyone