Page 108 of 401 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158208 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum,

Fully agree with you. Those are the same points I have been making and fighting it out whenever the humility bit comes in. As I always claim, Raja is humble towards his art. I don't care if he is not humble towards me. His humility to art is evident in the fact that he is even now learning Jazz music, though he has composed quite a few pieces based on jazz. And the constant innovation of his. You are lucky to hear him speak, that is for sure.

And yes, skr and KV are very dedicated Raja fans. The amount of Raja's music they listen to and the wonder with which they listen to puts me at ease. One more generation will carry forward what Raja does. And the good thing is , unlike our gen, these guys are not stuck up only in 80s. There are quite a few in the hub who are 80s only folks but skr, KV and Hulk type of folks love the late 90s and 2000s Raja as much as they love the 80s Raja. And this is definitely good for Raja has created much magic in the 90s and 2000s as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aakarsh View Post
    Plum has a single point agenda (even in his huge paragraphs). To make others who couldnt attend the concert (like me) feel like useless insignificant creatures! go easy dude i can understand your thoughts and we all know we missed something spectacular!.. but spare us and go easy
    THats not agenda but plain, sad truth, aakarsh! If that feel makes us to go to his next live-concert, i will ask Plum to give more of it. And we, those who were able to but didn't attend, deserve that nitpicking, and Plum is kind of right person who does that all the time but this time it serves a purpose
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thats fine. But I guess plum missed NBW concert and now he attended HTNI concert, appo miss panninathukku avaru enna solluraaru

BTW As Bhava said, there will not be any TV telecast? I thought it is some trick by her to gain crowd for concert (absolutely no neeed for this, ofcourse). Really no telecast? If not, atleast they should release DVD.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Bala (Karthik)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Plum

San_K
    What? No TV telecast-a????????? WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sure shot :Tea Kudippu:
    "Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    What? In HTNI concert, they perfomed "yey unnaithaane!"? Sort of thrishti pottu to the whole concert! Its :sigh: feeling to me when I saw pictures of Venkat Prabhu brothers holding the mikes! Please please stay away from holy album concert going forward!
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    Plum, I am posting your writeup in twitter, with due credits to you!

https://twitter.com/#!/tekvijay/stat...41760709136385

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    What? In HTNI concert, they perfomed "yey unnaithaane!"? Sort of thrishti pottu to the whole concert! Its :sigh: feeling to me when I saw pictures of Venkat Prabhu brothers holding the mikes! Please please stay away from holy album concert going forward!

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Skv, most welcome. Enakku creditlAm thEvaiyE illai. DeivamE anand milind avaroda aRpudha padaippai thiruduiyadhukku enna sollichu? AppERpatta mahonnadha padaippugaLukkE avar kavalai padalai - nammaLodA afterall postukkA namma credit edhirpArkkaradhu?

Post Thanks / Like
    Plum
    Please use your influence and make KV Anand and Rajasaranam post here.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Ilayaraja's 'How To Name It?' - Revival of acoustic music era - IndiaGlitz

In 1986, Maestro Ilayaraja came out with his first ever non-film music album - 'How to name it?' The instrumental album paid respects to Johann Sebastian Bach and Thyagaraja. Now, 25 years later, celebrating the silver jubilee of the album, a concert was organized at the Anna Centenary Library Auditorium by Sabari Raja of Absolute management. Raaga.com was the official online media partner of the event.

Raaga.com & IndiaGlitz conducted an online contest for the event and gave away free tickets for all the winners who were all visibly excited for getting a chance to see such a historical event that brought together musical legends.

Anil Srinivasan, the classical pianist was the host for the show. The concert began with Bhavatharani rendering 'Janani Janani...' from the film 'Sri Raghavendhra', which was dedicated to her late mother Jeeva Ilayaraja. It sparked off what was going to be a scintillating concert that included some of the best acoustic live music heard in Chennai in the last few decades.

The concert was conducted by Prabakhar, Ilayaraja's close associate, who has collaborated with him for 25 years and was performed by the maestro's own 40-man orchestra that included a full string section featuring 20 violinists. Playing the tunes of all the tracks from the album, the crew set the standards for future instrumental concerts at the auditorium. Before each song, Anil Srinivasan took his time to explain unique aspects of the track in detail and enlightened the crowd with information about counterpoints, trios, fugues, paritas and polyphony to name a few.

Ambi Subramaniam, the 19 year old violinist and the son of the legendary L. Subramaniam played the lead and got standing a ovation for the title track. Just when you begin to wonder how a 19-year old boy can create so much magic, the audience was surprised by another youngster, Aadithya Ganesh, a 15 year old who joined Ambi and also played a few solos. Rajesh Vaidhya, Veena Vidwan and Kalaimamani recipient also graced the stage and played along with the rest of the members.

Once the first section came to an end, the guests of honors of the event, Maestro Ilayaraja and legendary violinist L Subramaniam took stage and gave speeches. Ilayaraja spilled the beans on how the entire album was composed and recorded in 3 days back in 1986. Upon the frantic request of the crowd, he also sang a song of his choice in "Sadda Sadda Unnai" about ramanar and was backed by Rajesh Vaidhya without any prior rehearsals or practice.

The second part of the concert comprised of Ilayaraja's hit numbers and they were performed by top singers including Sriram Parthasarathy, Haricharan, Sathyan, Bhavatharani and Pop Shalini. The song 'Megam...' from the movie 'Enakkul Oruvan' were by the brothers in Ilayaraja's family - Karthik Raja, Venkat Prabhu, Yuvan Shankar Raja and Premji Amaren.