Page 102 of 401 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...e=1&permPage=1

உதிரிபூக்கள், நிறம் மாறாத பூக்கள், பசி, பெளணர்மி இரவில், ஒரு விடுகதை ஒரு தொடர்கதை, என பல படங்களில் கதாநாயகனாக நடித்த விஜயன் இயக்கிய ஒரே படம் - "புதிய ஸ்வரங்கள் "

இளையராஜா இசை அமைத்த இந்த படம் இன்று வரை வெளிவரவில்லை...
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skr View Post
    Violinist Prabhakar talking about Ilaiyaraaja and How to Name it Concert
    V_S and others - check out about how he wrote notes for RamaRajyam in reverse goosebumps
    Came home just now and watched this video. No words. Thanks a lot again skr for sharing this memorable video. This is what we call one and only genius, there may be legends, but only Raja is a genius and according to me he is the only composer in our film industry. Composer is a big term, which we use very casually to everyone. To be honest, others are just music directors and it takes Maestro to become a composer or a creator.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MADDY View Post
    And if u know something, raja's players have hardcoded notes to follow which they can't deviate a bit.....
    All the notes in those 4000+ songs whatever he composed came from his brain...song may be a hit or may have failed miserably, doesn't matter but still he can raise his collar to say that is his own product.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Flute Sudhakar on Ilaiyaraaja - Only 1 part is available , will post the other parts when i get the links

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks SKR for the video of Violinist Shri.Prabakar!

Indeed Genius!

Nichayamaa show will be fantastic!

thanks Krish for the hindu article & the photo - late 80s time Raja photo polarukku!

vinatha.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    SKR for Manadhodu Mano program video!

Mano Sir,

You are rocking! show after show, you get better, now it has become a habit!

Flute Shri.Sudhakar!

tonight again I am trapped with nostalgic 80s Ilayaraja compositions before hitting the bed, I blame it on Mano sir!

azhagiya kanney......, putham pudhu kaalai.....

How can I snap out of the eternal beauties, Ilayaraja raised me!

I surrender!

vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 27th April 2012 at 10:03 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by buggle View Post
    All the notes in those 4000+ songs whatever he composed came from his brain...song may be a hit or may have failed miserably, doesn't matter but still he can raise his collar to say that is his own product.
    he normally wears a pyjama shirt which has no collar rite? jokes apart, that was precisely my point too when i first spoke to MumbaiRamki.......
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Today at 2 PM on Jaya Tv - Eera Vizhi Kaviyangal
    Someone please please try to record the movie , i believe the BGM is full of fantastic WCM ..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    Not allowing even to change a bit, that is Composer's choice. Even if Rahman brews his players ar Co-Composers, are the playes going ahead and recording their own modified pieces?!? Isn't that still Rahman the composer who thinks that such minor modification will add value ad decide to add them?

Rahman records each and every bit separately(mostly). Its even being said that some specific instrumentalists come to Rahman's studio only once and later, that same instrument tones is 'used' to create another tune(being played) using Computers itself and for that specific piece which the instrumentalist didn't play originally, he was being sent, Remuneration.

Consider this against Raja, Raja had a biiig troupe. He alswas wanted most of the common musicians to be present, even if there is no track for them. He will use them if needed. Along with them, some times, some special extra instrumentalists are brought and kept, on Raja's instructions. This means that he always will have a big troupe and it may only increase and not decrease, a times. Added to that, we may note that he was extremely busy and even when his offers dried out, he spent the same time for the films which came. That meant the time he took for composing, recording is same, very less time. And there are cases where he just give notes and go. Purushothaman or Narasimman conducts and records.

Given all this, we see less chance in interaction. Also i feel, a composer need not exchange roles. Players be players only. Some composers may be too fabric and sensitive to interruptions and that may even 'corrupt' their mood. I always wondered what Raja's players felt and howcome they remained undisturbed of the tune, when playing some specific tune. I was wondering howcome they were able to concentrate on playing, when they were given some superb tunes.

But in the end, i felt, they are meant for playing and reproducing the notes. At the time of recording, while with Raja, they better be mechanical robot just doing whatever Raja says and nothing more. Or else, it will be a big chaos, not only in the recording hall but also in the minds of the Composer too!
    obviously, there are good things and great things abt Raja's style of composition and treating his players.......

i was just wondering why MumbaiRamki thought composers who give credit in CD covers never cared abt their players actually.....but he clarified his point, and im clear on what he said, i think this topic can be deemed closed
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by krish244 View Post
    About the HTNI concert on 29th April:

http://www.thehindu.com/life-and-sty...cle3356565.ece
    P.S.: Check out the related photos section on the left of the page. HTNI album back cover is available. Is it the same malayalam composer OUSEPHACHAN?
    Wow! LP Record! Its back cover has space and so accommodates the player's list, short-intro about the composer & tracks explanation!
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv