I hope that the Madurai concert will be recorded and broadcast later (as a Puthandu feast) by a regional TV studio. As we all know, Ilayaraaja has his own whimsical ways to choose or reject a movie. We have read confirmed reports that Maestro had turned away some well-known Directors and actors when they approached him for scoring music. Moreover the music composing scene has changed dramatically with cost reduction being the main factor besides change in younger generation's music taste. Using a food parlance as an example, the Indian film music especially Hindi, Tamil and Telugu have transitioned from a traditional Thali meal style to instant fast food model. Ilayaraja has stated this fact several times during audio release functions. Though Maestro can serve an elaborate Virunthu (Symphony) or a two minutes Pizza (today's song genre), his preference is to stick to his own way of creating and composing music with live orchestration. This week I happened to watch Sathyan's movie "Puthiya Theerangal" which failed at the box-office but Maestro's songs were really melodious (a different Maestro genre). Sathyan switched to Vidyasagar last year and is back with Maestro this year. As Ilayaraja commented "Anything is possible in cinema". Old partnerships may not work in the current media frenzy movie production phase. I doubt if Kamal or Rajini would work with Maestro again - I have my own analysis for this. Ilayaraja certainly doesn't require Kamal or Rajini's endorsement/ name stamp to achieve something. The other way around is probably true because Maestro is at the zenith. Partnerships don't work when it's a one-way traffic. We will certainly revisit this issue very soon!!!!