Page 396 of 401 FirstFirst ... 296346386394395396397398 ... LastLast
Results 3,951 to 3,960 of 4002

Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is going to be a IR concert in Madurai on 5th of April.

http://tamil.oneindia.in/movies/news...ai-194925.html

thanks,

Krishnan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rooky View Post
    I Fail to understand how on earth would he (or anybody would) think that a DSP or ShMaha or a GIBRAN can do a better job than IR.
    The issue with KH, RK and few other long timers (directors included) is.. they seem to think that they need to update and that means working with new generation technicians. They fail to understand that it applies to them too viceversa . Learn from Balkis.. You need to be strong to stick to your preferences, come what may.You will succeed if the content is good.

I used to be a Kamal fan, still like his older movies,even the clearly commercial gimmicks like Aboorva Sagotharargal. But ever since he has had full control over his movies like directing, script etc they have been very self centered indulgent efforts. Sadhi leelavathi was so good because BM had a say. The last of the areas he didnt have full control over was the music, i suspect thats why he has moved away from working with IR. The results have been horrible but he doesnt seem to care. Everytime he talks about how awesome IR is, it is just very annoying.

With RK, at least its honest and clear that its all commercial mass entertainment.

4. Likes appushiva, RR liked this post
    Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^^ That's an interesting theory. Could be a good explanation, there's no way IR would let KH walk in and make changes left, right and centre to the music.

But I have also read that KH found it very difficult to sell the music of Mumbai Express to music labels. That seemed to discourage him and especially now that he is really focusing on a pan-Indian appeal, maybe he thinks IR won't be a good fit commercially. I am indifferent either way. Kamal is past his best (Raja is not! ); for all his professed artsiness he has just become a commercial star now. Viswaroopam was just a decent entertainer, nothing special. Why should IR's music be wasted on more such films anyway.

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It can't be commercial. As success ratio of thir films or music not great compare to yesteryears . I believe actots like kH ,RH and few directors not working with Raja sir because, I thing they believe if they work with younger music director they could portrait them self young or modern. I have lost respect for these people one they forgot their past second , and talk one think do another . So I just dont go to their movie If no Raja sir in it, also I prefer serious movies

7. Likes appushiva liked this post
    Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    My Second Short film with Raja's Music and thanks to Myshkin as well ...

Hope You all will like it...

Administrator Diamond Hubber RR's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sloshed: you mean you reused IR BG score? That's pretty neat. Goes very well with the film.

I wish the film were a bit more fast-faced. Nevertheless a very good effort. BTW, is Memento one of your favorite movies? Mine too. Let's take this discussion offline.. Tks.

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    DEVI SRI PRASAD

Met d GOD of MUSIC Raja sir today n got his blessings on d occasion of my 15 years of Musical Journey!!!))

Post Thanks / Like
    The 25 Greatest Film Composers In Cinema History
    http://www.tasteofcinema.com/2014/th...ema-history/2/

12. Thanks thumburu, mappi thanked for this post
    Likes RR liked this post
    Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K View Post
    The 25 Greatest Film Composers In Cinema History
    http://www.tasteofcinema.com/2014/th...ema-history/2/
    Not sure who runs "Tastes of cinema" and it's popularity but the list nevertheless is very interesting with the most influential musicians in Cinema, for a second I almost thought...they missed out one of the versatile and greatest musicians who has an indelible impact in Hollywood music.....as I was following page 1 to 3 ( from 25 to 1) since I didn't see this musician's name till the very end...and of course "Ennio Morricone" rated at the end as number 1 ( many of his BGMs as OSTs completely floors you and makes you feel IR working in Hollywood), completely delighted to see his name and obviously Maestro IR in top 10.

Long live Maestro....
    Long Live Maestro and his immortal music

Junior Member Newbie Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Out of 25, I have not rellay come across or paid attention to about 8 of them. Indeed a master list, eventhough the countdown would vary according to the liking scale of an individual. Talking about Monsieur Morricone, look for his 2012 Venice concert => devine. Here is a sample :

IR at N°9 gives a great pleasure to me.
    Any information on how to screen Indian Movies outside India, please post them here : http://www.mayyam.com/talk/showthrea...-outside-India