Thread: Maestro ilaiyaraaja news & titbits

Threaded View

Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Plum, aakarsh, teja - great points. We all feel the disappointment and pain on reading these flimsy reasons given for not awarding SRR its due recognition. It's all the more terrible to see that the award(s) was given to a less deserving effort. At this point, the decision of repealing the Best Background Score given to "Laptop" based on technical grounds (Auditorium had audio problems) can be raised only by a Jury member. I have formally submitted an appeal letter to I&B Minister, Ambika Soni and DFF Director (contact information from DFF website). The entire Tamil film world knows that Maestro should have got atleast half dozen National Awards since 1977.

The second biggest omission is that SRR was not considered for Best Telugu Film among 18 nominations. This is ridiculous. I am expecting our political leaders (TDP and BJP) to raise this issue in AP Assembly and Parliament. Again I have shot letters/ emails to prominent TDP and BJP leaders. With ongoing fights on Telengana statehood, TDP may not raise this subject in AP Assembly. For BJP, SRR is a great cultural subject that is near and dear to everyone in the party besides striking the right chord amongst all Indians. Is SRR not worthy of a Best Regional Language film? "Vagai Sooda Vaa" and "Indian Rupee" won Best Regional film awards - SRR is much better than these two films. Let BJP members raise this valid question in Parliament. The obvious lapse should be pointed out to I&B Minister. The million dollar question is this - Why is the Telugu Film industry (MAA) not doing anything about this? Telugu Producers and Directors can sign a petition or do something. If I&B Minister revokes the award given to "Laptop", Mamta Banerjee will bring the Central government to its knees. That's how our democracy works - if you are silent, you will be trampled. "Aadukalam" won six awards last year after Sun Pictures did heavy marketing in New Delhi. Yelamanchili Sai Babu will never again produce a movie like SRR - this is very unfortunate. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Truth will eventually prevail and hard work never goes unrewarded. Let Maestro continue his work. For 2013, Prakash Raj should start marketing "Dhoni" right now - couple of awards is certain.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement