Thread: Is there a way we can stop further desecration of Raja's classics?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a way we can stop further desecration of Raja's classics?

Especially most of them are riding on Rajini/IR songs. By chance I was listening to Telugu songs on radio, it is the Telugu version of the remix of Vachukkava Onna Mattum.

Remix, remake, cover, what are they doing is basically taking Raja's classic, urinate on it with some techno shit, then get some dogs defecate it with pathetic vocal. The tune is the same, this lazy -arse composer can't even bother with changing it as would the western counterparts who does "covers". At least they put their own spin, check out many of Dylan's Knock Knock on the heaven's door. They treat it with respect, not like these cheap synthesiser-wielding knuckleheads.

The thing is, the younger generation would not know where the original come from. The credit should go to Raja and it should because of those fantastic creations can only come from that man. That Man, you cheap knockoffs!!!

If they are not going to know, then we need to find way to stop this. Is there a way? Seriously, I am seething with rage here, only thing I can do is punch the keyboard keys and DO A FRICKIN' CAP LOCK. Damn!!!!!
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, well said grouch! I too have the same frustration. It's better they don't come before us. If they don't have a mind to compose anything fresh, why are they first coming to this biggest floor and spoiling these rich and wonderful delicacies. I still have doubt, if they properly acquire any permission or rights from Raja or any original composers. This is spreading like virus, thanks to keyboard MDs culture spreading slowly but confidently. All the credibility of composers are surely lost and on top of this, they spoil the originals without even bother to credit the original composers. In future these immortal songs like these will be credited to these mediocre (I hate to say this even, they are way below than that) so-called MDs and everyone will believe them. Very pathetic!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy

I just lock myself with my favorite music cds/tapes collections of my favorite GREAT COMPOSERS.
    This life is not enough for me to enjoy them. I need many more lives....Please bless us.

I don't listen or even look at these remixes or reworks with slight curiosity.
    I protect myself.

When it comes to தமிழ் பிலிம் மியூசிக், 80sஇளையராஜா போட்டு உள்ள
    என்னிடம் இருக்கும் collections (even if it is limited , I may not have some awesome compositions too) மட்டுமே எனக்கு போதும்.
    அது மட்டுமே என்னுடைய தேவை for my life survival also.

ஸ்ரீ.இளையராஜா has blessed me with that privilege.

I stay away from them by not give a slight glance at them with curiosity.

Vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 25th June 2011 at 11:42 PM.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber V_S's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    vinatha,
    It's not about we listen to them or not, they get popular by these mimicries in the name of remixes, which we should never allow. I too never go and search and listen (can never do that mistake), but whenever it is presented before us on TVs, it upsets me a lot.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah...

எங்க வீட்டுலே இந்தியன் டெலிவிஷன் சேனல்ஸ் கிடையாது.

USA வில் வர இந்தியன் டெலிவிஷன் shows , Indian radio talk shows Blogs etc..
    I don 't follow too.

I don't have time to watch some quality programs my local channels present.

I am protected, I guess...

GOOD FOR ME.

STAY AWAY FROM THEM....

enjoy with my collection of music cds of my favorite composers that appeal to my senses.
    Vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 27th June 2011 at 02:35 AM.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber groucho070's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just heard a song from the film Vaigai.

It's Ayiram Tamarai Mottugal song from Alaigal Oyvathillai. Melody and music copied note to note. Everything the same, even the singing style, only shittier!!!! WTF is wrong with these people. Why nobody seemed to be bothered?? My heart bled when I heard this. Shit!!!!
    " நல்ல படம் , சுமாரான படம் என்பதையெல்லாம் தாண்டியவர் நடிகர் திலகம் . சிவாஜி படம் தோற்கலாம் ..சிவாஜி தோற்பதில்லை." - Joe Milton.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    There is this remix of Maasi Maasam aaLaana poNNu for a Lawrence movie called PaaNdi, done by Srikanth Deva I believe. There has never been such a worshtu remix EVAR!. That is murder. Totally. Heartless cruel cold blooded sadistic call-whatever murder.
    நெலயா நில்லாது நினைவில் வரும் நெறங்களே

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Querida's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Groucho...cool cool....I have been there, done that when this remixing started way back in the 90s...I heard shocking amounts of bad remixes because of the number of local tamils here that produce this junk and it gets played on the radio and events...I just as Vinatha said made a choice not to listen to it when I had the choice.

Though at first I did fume and rant... after I thought no matter what that someone will always point out the original and a person who is truly interested in the song will first and foremost always compare with the original...who knows how many covers have produced fans of the original? How many people discovered Raja when they heard Yogi B's remix of "Madai Thiranthu"? ...take youtube for example...for every cover/remix/attempt there is someone always mentioning the original and giving a link for it.

Though I do agree that mention of the Maestro's or any orig. artist name is important...sometimes I think it's best not to just because the crap gunking up his music should not even be near his work...but all in all imitation is the highest form of flattery...these imitators mean well I guess...and they will garner fans of their music too...but does it really reduce how much admiration/talent Raja will always have?
    Last edited by Querida; 27th September 2011 at 10:16 AM.