Page 99 of 268 FirstFirst ... 4989979899100101109149199 ... LastLast

Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ashutosh Gowarikar is all set to make a sequel of his critically acclaimed film ‘Swades’. According to the sources, Ashutosh is in talks to retain Shah Rukh Khan, who played Mohan Bhargava a NRI in the prequel.

“I am planning to make ‘Swades 2’ but it’s too early to talk about it,” said Gowarikar who denied to divulge more details about the story.

The sources also informed that though SRK is the first choice of the filmmaker, there shall be change as far as actress in the film is concerned. Gayatri Joshi was introduced opposite Khan in ‘Swades’ but since she has quit the industry after marriage, a new replacement is being considered.
    Sources added that the story board is like a second chapter where Mohan Bhargava, the protagonist will be on a journey to set up basic amenities for another part of rural India.

The 200 odd minutes film ‘Swades’ which had a message for every Indian who desired to make his name abroad when his soil needed him the most is all set to move forward with a sequel which will show the NRI trying his best for the upliftment of his fellow Indian citizens.

Thanks - Daily Bhaskar
    Source: http://www.srktimes.com/2011/06/swad...gowarikar.html

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It is 10th Anniversary of Lagaan today. And a tibute post, about (what else) A.R.Rahman's best ever background score, in Lagaan

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2011/...of-lagaan.html

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sureshmehcnit View Post
    It is 10th Anniversary of Lagaan today. And a tibute post, about (what else) A.R.Rahman's best ever background score, in Lagaan

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2011/...of-lagaan.html
    Thanks you suresh

Lagaan.

What can I say about this film? I'm just a grain and a really miniscule fraction
    of the population that stood up with their hands on their heart feeling the pride
    of nation, regardless of their origin i.e. Indian, Pakistani or Bangladeshi.

If the Empire didn't arrive at the sub-continent, would there really be 3
    countries or division.

Back to the topic – All songs can't be explained in mere words but the songs
    that initially had me going were Chale chalo and Oh paalanhaare. Who would've
    thought that Oh paalanhaare would start the triology followed by pal pal hai
    bhari and mann mohana. With time Radha kaise na jale became the most heard song
    for me and watching this song as stage performances many times ignited my
    interest in this song furthermore.

However in terms of picturisation, I would say Ghanan ghanan is my pick from the
    film and may be to a lesser extent, O re chori.

But for a deeper feel, Radha kaise na jale is the best song whether heard on
    headphones or speakers. The percussion compliments the instrumentation so well.

Along with Radha kaise na jale the other song that equally catapulted to
    forefront of my playlist was the theme song. Theme songs like this are not
    churned every day and neither do they genrally/often appear for patriotic
    movies. ARR redefined the music scene with this film once again or should I say,
    "..... Once upon a time in india".

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    for me the goosebump song was 'baar baar aa...'
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Akshay Kumar's Ko

Akshay Kumar is very excited about his remake of Ko and is putting together a team as quickly as possible. RS Infotainment and Fox will be producing this venture jointly. Daredevil that Akshay is, he loved the stunts in Ko and wants to do the same on a larger scale in his version.

Anthony D'Souza aka Tony will be wielding the directorial baton. He had formerly worked with Akshay in the debacle Blue. Word is that AR Rahman will be doing the score. Karthika might be the heroine but that bit of news is awaiting confirmation. There is no word on who will do Piaa's part.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Karthika Again??? Boycotttttttttttttttttttttttt
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Parthyy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Akshay Kumar's Ko

. Word is that AR Rahman will be doing the score. .
    no arr.....again for gindi

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    கோழி குருடா இருந்தா என்ன? குழம்பு ருசியா இருந்தா போதாதா?
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sathya_1979 View Post
    Karthika Again??? Boycotttttttttttttttttttttttt
    whatt..... thaa....fffreaak.....
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Senior Hubber Sid_316's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    AR Rahman: The Spirit of Music is an authorized biography. For someone so painfully shy, how difficult was it to allow someone to peep into your life and mind?
    The whole idea while writing this book was that it should make sense to the person reading it and be a positive exercise. And to make it positive, I had to give them the whole route.

Did it take much convincing on the part of the author?
    First of all, I agreed to do it because Munni was writing it and also because she’s multi-cultural. I too have both Indian sensibilities and a certain global understanding because I have lived abroad too.

What other goals have you set for yourself?
    We’re celebrating 20 years of my music career. I’m going into another direction which is giving back to society. My music school KM Conservatory is moving forward.

How much do you get affected by criticism?
    If there is no criticism you become lazy. But it should be constructive and it should be the truth.
    Your theme song for the Commonwealth Games got a lot of flak… There were probably certain things we overlooked. Everyone was expecting an international song and we wanted it to be motivational. A lot of people were so drowned in Shakira’s Waka waka that they found Jiyo… very desi.

Does genius also err?
    (Laughs). It is good to err. But making music in a film is not one person’s decision. They work as a team, but if the main guy, the director, goes terribly wrong then everyone hates the music and everything else associated with the film.

Did you feel terrible when Jhootha Hi Sahi and Raavan came a cropper after your Oscar win?
    That’s how it is. But around the same time, I was working on 127 Hours which got an Oscar nomination.

Were you prepared when you lost the Oscars for 127 Hours?
    I was prepared for it because I knew that after winning two Oscars, they wouldn’t give it to me again. So, after the awards, we skipped the governor’s ball and went to a Malayali restaurant and feasted on morkozhambu, rasam and sambar.

What is your take about the must-have item song in movies?
    (Smiles) That’s the culture nowadays! If you’re making a commercial movie and people are enjoying it, it’s fine.

Have you heard Munni badnam Hui or Sheila ki jawani?
    I liked Sheila ki jawani very much.

Heard you’re planning to produce films…
    Yeah it’s an aspiration. For the past six months I’ve taken a break and going through ideas. We’ll mostly kick the venture with one Tamil and one Hindi film.

Would you remix an RD Burman song? What’s your stand on remixes?
    No! As a composer, I’d rather do a new song. Sometimes, a remix is good because it reaches a whole new generation. But when it gets too much, it’s irritating.

Apparently, Mani Ratnam has gone back to Illayaraja for his next film...
    No, I’m doing the movie. Hopefully.

Your collaboration with Mani Ratnam is magical.
    We struck a rapport with the first movie. The movie that we are now working on is a typical South Indian one. So there’s going to be a lot of South Indian classical and folk music.

How often do you thank the Sufi saint Moti Baba (in Chennai) because it’s there your mother first saw your wife Saira?
    (Laughs) Moti Baba! Man! I can’t complain to him when things go wrong. But seriously marriage is not just a physical thing. (Giggles) The institution of marriage works better when there’s a spiritual connection.

What kind of a father are you?
    I am a friend when I need to be a friend, a father when I need to be a father and a musician when music calls. I switch roles accordingly.

Is it true that when you take your kids to Disneyland and elsewhere you film it, so that they don’t accuse you of not spending time with them later?
    I have said this in the book in a cheeky way. You always cherish good memories. I thought it was important to have some documentation of whatever little I do.

Do you feel guilty of not spending enough time with your family?
    (Laughs) No, I’m not guilty at all. At least they have a father. I didn’t have one. It’s not a perfect life. And that’s what makes it special. That’s what makes us more human.:
    http://www.filmfare.com/articles/ar-...life-2478.html