Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheerful ARR in Singapore

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A.R. Rahman Launches His Biography

Rajeev Masand interview with AR Rahman (Part 1 of 2)

Senior Member Veteran Hubber dinesh2002's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Edited becoz file needs to be changed...
    Last edited by dinesh2002; 13th April 2011 at 04:51 PM.
    Madhushree's HERO (Tamil Version) feat. Tale Spin, Lyrics by me : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqPYBSABOWc

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A R Rahman on Nasreen Munni Kabir’s biography ‘AR Rahman – The Spirit of Music’

April 13, 2011 (Calcutta Tube / IBNS):Ace musician AR Rahman has added one more feather to his hat, with filmmaker Mani Ratnam unveiling UK-based author Nasreen Munni Kabir’s biography on the music maestro titled AR Rahman – The Spirit of Music. The Oscar-winning composer in conversation with Sreya Basu. Read the interview at Calcutta Tube.

What made you interested in getting your biography?

In 2004, I met my teacher, who said I don’t read. But then, there’s something called knowledge heart-to-heart, which I believe in, for which I did this (biography). (Smiles). The book is a process of my life. I thought it’s the right time to see certain things which might inspire other people when they know about the path I went along, the odds I faced and overcoming of them. I had a good writer Munni (Nasreen) who has made the book readable for people.

How authentic is Nasreen’s biographic work- AR Rahman – The Spirit of Music?

The book is a combination of different meetings, video conferences. Most of the editing work happened a couple of months back. By the time, I would finish my work, it would be morning for her (Nasreen Munni Kabir). We would go for three-four hours transcribing. She would keep sharing photographs and other documents and ask if they are okay. That’s how we went about. But one thing, she was clear that she wanted me to check if all is okay. So, that’s why I can safely say that this book is more authorized one.

How much did you enjoy working on your biography (at times they turn very tiresome)?

I relived all the moments that was not possible otherwise. One of the biggest moments that I relived was the construction of my studio. I didn’t have money to buy any equipment. There was an AC (air conditioner), a carpet in the new-smelling studio…but no equipment. A couple of weeks later, my mom saw me sitting in that empty studio and she asked: ‘What do you want?’ I said I want to buy equipment that will cost Rs 4 lakhs, which was like Rs 400 crores at that time. And my mother immediately sold some of my sister’s jewellery and bought me the equipment to set up my studio. That was a huge, historic moment for me. Thanks to Nasreen that I could revisit the moment.

What is that one thing that has inspired you the most in life?

When you are a creative person, I think there are different things which inspire, it could be the lyrics, the script or the great persons’ team you are working with.

What took you so long to come up with your biography? Is it your reserved nature?
    I am shy. Being shy is different from being reserved. Sometimes you want to hold your thoughts. Never reveal anything before it’s complete within yourself. So there are lots of things in process within me. And I want to let the process continue within me before I reveal it. It is very easy saying that ‘I will do this, I will do that’, but it has to be complete when it comes out.

What is the one thing that you want people to know about you through the book?
    I dedicate the book to anybody who is suffering and wants to come up the situation. The whole idea is redemption; if I can, anybody can come out of darkness.

The idea of life is…there’s a wall and if you give up, that brings you to a dead end. If I would have given up hope, I would have missed all that are happening in my life now. Through the book, I want people to know that something extraordinary exists beyond the wall. So don’t do anything foolish like committing suicide. If I would have done that (suicide), then would have lost everything…may be, some people would have been saved from (my) bad music. (Smiles)
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber AudazJay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    [SIZE="4"]
    I dedicate the book to anybody who is suffering and wants to come up the situation. The whole idea is redemption; if I can, anybody can come out of darkness.

The idea of life is…there’s a wall and if you give up, that brings you to a dead end. If I would have given up hope, I would have missed all that are happening in my life now. Through the book, I want people to know that something extraordinary exists beyond the wall. So don’t do anything foolish like committing suicide. If I would have done that (suicide), then would have lost everything…may be, some people would have been saved from (my) bad music. (Smiles)
    He doesn't realize how many lives he has brighten with his music. To quote Shantanu Moitra "Rahman’s music calmed me the way I’m sure it had done to millions of listeners over the years."
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle.

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like

Chitra loses her daughter Nandana in a tragic swimming pool accident in Dubai

Singer Chitra, who is in Dubai for an ARR-themed concert has tragically lost her only daughter Nandana aged 8. The little one apparently fell into the swimming pool of the villa that the family was staying at.

May The Almighty give Chitra and her family the strength and resolve to bear this irreparable loss!

Senior Member Veteran Hubber baroque's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah...
    Chithra, We love you.
    Please hang in there, before you know it, you will endure the situation & find ways to honour your kid's memories.

vinatha.
    Last edited by baroque; 16th April 2011 at 08:59 AM.

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND View Post
    A.R. Rahman Launches His Biography

Rajeev Masand interview with AR Rahman (Part 1 of 2)

after days of waiting, wife just called and told that the courier has just arrived. waiting for office hours to get over, get home, and read the book!
    INDIAN...WORLD CHAMPION!!!

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jinju,

A quick review pls

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Magic of Ramu, Rangeela and Rahman to roll all over again!

http://spicezee.zeenews.com/articles/story85960.htm

ARR's music has a global touch - AKON

http://articles.timesofindia.indiati...onvict-hip-hop

Jamming with AR

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Jammin...e1-686351.aspx