Page 264 of 268 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 2673

Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    https://caughtinthemusicalstorm.wordpress.com

Experiencing A.R. Rahman – The Greatest Hits Live! London | The O2

Seeing him upfront or from far held less value for me. It was always the thought of sharing the same place with him that kept me going until and post the concert. His presence was just beatifying enough.
    When I found out he was coming to London, I started burbling and inviting everyone I knew to attend his concert. Many friends and family members were frustrated that they missed out on the opportunity seeing him five years ago when he previously came for Jai Ho Tour so I didn’t exactly have to ballyhoo them as they were equally as excited as me to be part of the concert this year. They obviously sensed my excitement and knew what this event meant for me so when some of the most closest people in my life chose to share this happiness by joining me to attend, it certainly made me feel twitterpated.
    The day itself was a great day for each and every fan but slightly more important for him as the significance of the occasion, location and date unanimously have a deep and rooted connection with with him: Fifteenth August, India’s Independence Day followed by Greenwich where he obtained scholarship from Trinity College London to the Trinity College of Music and above all it was this day twenty-three years ago when he debuted with the National Award Winning Soundtrack, “Roja”.
    These factors contribute to an unexplainable notion that I feel as I’m writing this. Being twenty-six not only means I have practically lived with music for twenty-three years but my music sensibilities probably only emerged after hearing his music. Many people in the audience came from far-off corners of the world to show their appreciation and shower their love upon him. Not only was it is India’s birthday but the day is also considered as his second birthday.

This celebration was experienced with a divine aura which hovered over nostalgic, romantic, patriotic, enigmatic, and party songs. Time just went by in a jiffy and I and others are still awestruck and reliving this experience via pictures and videos shared from the concert.
    Video of various celebrities, Gulzar, Ashutosh, Andrew L Webber, Danny Boyle & Mani saying a few lines about ARR followed by rare and exclusive pics as a slide show as an intro to the event.
    Arziyan – Javed & ARR
    Chinai chinai aasai (In Hind after second interlude) – Jonita backed by Neeti and Sashaa
    Tu hi re/Uyire – Haricharan (HC)
    ARR displaying command over piano leading to Dil se (Piano & Violin Jugal bandi)
    Yeh jo des hai tera – ARR
    Munbe vaa – Jonita & HC
    Saathiya/Pachai nirame – Javed & HC
    Naane vaguiren – Sashaa & HC

Pookkalae – HC & Jonita
    If I rise – ARR & Annette Philip
    Jashn-e-bahaara – Javed
    Nenjukulle – Jonita
    Tu bole – ARR & Annette Philip

Tere bina – ARR & Jonita
    My mind is a stranger without you – ARR & French Lyrics by Jonita
    Ishq bina from Taal started in English (Bombay Dreams) – Jonita & ARR
    Kadhal rojave (Flute) – Naveen
    Rangeela re – Neeti
    INTERVAL
    Kun faaya kun – ARR, Javed, & Hridhay Ghattani (HG)
    Khawaja – Same as above
    Aye sinimika – Karthik
    Rehna tu & Malargal kaettaen (Impromptu bit version) – ARR

Maahi Ve – ARR & HG
    Jiya Re – Neeti
    Humdum suniyo re/Endrendrum punnagai – ARR sings Hindi, HC sings Tamil & Jonita does the rap portion

Girlfriend – Karthik
    Mayya Mayya – Neeti
    Porale ponnuthayi – Issrath Quadhri featuring Real Sense Technology
    Patakha guddi – ARR

Naadaan Parindey (Improvised version) – ARR, Javed & HG
    ARR says thank you and walks of stage, the curtains drop with credits roll down and Maa tujhe salaam / Vandhe Mataram plays. Some audience members actually think the concert is over.
    ARR pounces back and says, this is for those who are not catching the London tube transport.
    Chaiya – ARR
    Concluding songs were a medley with an assortment of singers mentioned above.
    Mental manadhil
    Khaleefa
    Jai ho

Troupe standing in line on stage, ARR waves a salute and says, Maa tujhe salaam.
    Out of the memorable concert listed above there were many memorable segments that I will cherish for ever:
    Arziyan, kicked off the night and the camera zooming onto Rahman Ji crooning, “Maula Maula” overwhelmed me emotionally and I just knew I was in for a ride that night.
    A massive shoutout goes to the person who was waving the India flag before me during Yeh jo des/Unthan desathin kural, the patriotism was highly glaring as he stood up throughout the whole song waving it whilst others waving sat in between. Props to them! Also Rahman Ji saying, “Thamizha” and sending vibrational waves throughout the arena via his enriched singing caused the majority of audience to stand up, loudly cheer, whistle and clap for him and their respective motherland.
    I couldn’t control my excitement and I just had to stand up clapping and uproar cheers for Annette Philip who with her scatting blew me away. I did feel guilty for causing disturbances but I don’t regret the moment of expressing my joy. It took me a day or two to find who she was.
    Jonita Gandhi’s mind boggling versatility was another highlight for me personally as a lot of the people joining me that night asked about her. She dominated the first of the concert. Her Thamizh pronunciation has definitely leaped forward for the better but the big surprise came when she rapped in Humdum suniyo re /Endrendrum punnagai and flung her hat into the crowd.
    Seeing Rahman Ji’s sisters do their bit for their brother in the backing vocals was a gratifying moment and apt proof that no matter how high one reaches the sky of stardom it is important to value the people who’ve known you since grass root level.
    Naane varugiren left me asking for more and my whole body was trembling after Shashaa Tirupati and Haricharan’s spine chilling performance.
    It would be unfair not to acknowledge the valuable members of the troupe, Naveen Kumar, Keba Jeramiah, Mohini Dey and Ranjit Barot stole the show in their own way. The other singers gave more than ample support in making this concert a life time experience.
    The odd impromptu song Rahman Ji performed, the risibility he triggered and the interaction where he expressed mutual love with the audience definitely brought a sense of genuine familiarity we fans have with him when hearing and living his music. Everyone put their phone light on at his request during Maahi ve and despite his persiflage it looked as if a new city had been erected that night or as if the stars had fell from the sky. This was a sign of transformation in a person who didn’t have stage presence back in the day to being the Commander he is today.

He laughed, I laughed, He cried, I cried, He sang, I sang, He Jigged, I Jigged all in the name of Love, Peace, and Music!
    Happy Listening!
    Sunil Malhotra

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    AR Rahaman On Flowers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFVQ1urp2CA&feature=youtu.be

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like