Page 244 of 268 FirstFirst ... 144194234242243244245246254 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,440 of 2673

Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just got back from a barber ... he was one of those who went for the show. He says there were about 30 songs with only six being Tamil songs, of which two were sung by Chitra.

The audience was frustrated it seems and refused to applause after each song. Soon, people began leaving the show, as a form of protest.
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has Rahman Ji ever faced this much criticism before?

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    On this front, yes, he did. Many, including our fellow hubbers here expressed their displeasure after the Marg concert. If someone could pass the message across to him, it would be helpful.

Sent from my GT-I9082 using Tapatalk
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Surely the produces of the concert know the audience better. Said that, its common knowledge that most Malaysians would prefer more Tamil songs in a concert. I heard he started off with Dil Se and it was awesome.

Whats the complain? Is it only that there were not enough Tamil songs? How long was the show? how many songs?

To be honest expecting Shankar Mahadevan at an ARR concert anymore is unreasonable. When was the last time you saw him at an ARR concert. Even SPB, I haven't seen in a concert in awhile.

ARR and the produces knew the audience in Chennai and it was a 100% Tamil concert. It was an absolute blast. That was like my Woodstock!

Surely ARR has performed in Malaysia previously? Did he still sing only a few Tamil songs?
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lancelot View Post
    Surely the produces of the concert know the audience better. Said that, its common knowledge that most Malaysians would prefer more Tamil songs in a concert. I heard he started off with Dil Se and it was awesome.

Whats the complain? Is it only that there were not enough Tamil songs? How long was the show? how many songs?

To be honest expecting Shankar Mahadevan at an ARR concert anymore is unreasonable. When was the last time you saw him at an ARR concert. Even SPB, I haven't seen in a concert in awhile.

ARR and the produces knew the audience in Chennai and it was a 100% Tamil concert. It was an absolute blast. That was like my Woodstock!

Surely ARR has performed in Malaysia previously? Did he still sing only a few Tamil songs?
    I attended his last concert (year 2013). If i'm not mistaken, nearly 70% of the songs were Hindi. ARR did ask the audience if they can understand Tamil before he started to speak few words in Tamil. Heard this time is the worst. Understand few singers were communicating with audience in Hindi....

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    See this interview he gave to Malaysia television BEFORE the concert.... who would have thought it was going to be a bollywood concert?

http://www.astroulagam.com.my/Event/...articleid=4701
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NOV View Post
    See this interview he gave to Malaysia television BEFORE the concert.... who would have thought it was going to be a bollywood concert?

http://www.astroulagam.com.my/Event/...articleid=4701
    Yes, this was what portrayed in media. My friend (working with news channel) warned me well in advance that this will be a Bollywood concert. Hope there will be more Tamil songs in Singapore concert. Btw, I have not seen any advertisement in Singapore Tamil channel (Vasantham) pertaining to the concert. Not sure whether they are advertising in radio though.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ARR tamil fanru hindi karangkitta neenga tamil paatu paaduveengala sar?

ARR:Illa..

ARR tamil fan:yen..???

ARR:because avanukku tamil theriyathu..

ARR tamil fan:engala patta hindi agarathi padichi eppam vitta mathriri theriyutha..???

ARR:Illa..ba..

ARR tamil fan:hindi theriyatha pachai tamilan kitta hindi song paada koodathunnu therinja unggalukku,hindikaran kitta tamil song paada kudathunnu theriyatha...???ARR sir pls answer...

-ARR veriyan forever!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Music Director AR Rahman Interact With Singapore Students

Post Thanks / Like
    this is how true tamil honour tamil!!