Page 240 of 268 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 2673

Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thozhar View Post
    Mahendhaan theliva "in todays time" appadinnu ezhudhi irukkaare. In those days, people had no entertainment other than movies. That is not the case now. paattukkagave ellam ippa padam odathu.
    appadi oreyadiya sollida mudiyaathu.....even in today's times... songs are a kind of visiting card to a movie before the movie hits the screen............ of course it does not guarantee a long run at box office but super hit songs give that extra nudge in making / breaking a film..... IR has countless number of films that were actually garbage but are mentioned even today just for his soulful music......... ARR has few (can be counted in double digits) in that category (most noteworthy is kadhal desam / kaadhalar thinam).. HJ, GVP has few (in single digits) unnale unnale, madharasapattinam etc.,
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    it seems more like they have expressed their desire make a film with rahman / harris than the harsh words used by you ...
    I know it was harsh but this is not the way to express your desire if you want to work with a composer. I doubt if Bala or Ameer want to work with Rahman anyway. Don't know about Seenu R but he needs to understand that he cannot talk nonsense when talking about a composer of great stature like Rahman.

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rsubras View Post
    appadi oreyadiya sollida mudiyaathu.....even in today's times... songs are a kind of visiting card to a movie before the movie hits the screen............ of course it does not guarantee a long run at box office but super hit songs give that extra nudge in making / breaking a film..... IR has countless number of films that were actually garbage but are mentioned even today just for his soulful music......... ARR has few (can be counted in double digits) in that category (most noteworthy is kadhal desam / kaadhalar thinam).. HJ, GVP has few (in single digits) unnale unnale, madharasapattinam etc.,
    No one denies that songs are important but these days movies don't run just for songs as they used to in the 80s. Remembering a movie for its music is not the same as music guaranteeing the success of a movie. Even in the 80s, quite a few movies failed miserably at the box office despite a great musical score - Vikram-starrer Meera is a good example. People still remember the movie for its music but the movie was still a flop. A few small budget movies that had good music made more money than their budget because people watched it just for the songs. These days, it doesn't happen. Besides, I think in the 80s, the producer owned the music too and any revenue from cassette sales went to the producer but these days, composers mostly own the music (I think that is the case with Rahman but not sure about others).

Madharasappattinam was garbage? It wasn't a great movie but it wasn't garbage really. I thought the art director did an excellent job and the cinematography was good. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but are you suggesting that music was the only saving grace of that movie and/or the movie is still remembered only for its music?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber rsubras's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    thamizh...garbage was a harsh term which I wanted to use only for certain films like Vandicholai sinrasu, kaadhal desam and the countless number of IR films which survived only bcoz of his music (and in certain cases, GM+Senthil's comedy) like vaidehi kaathirunthal, solla thudikkuthu manasu, neengal kettavai etc., I agree madharasapattinam does not deserve that and neither does unnale unnale.. apologies
    R.SUBRAMANIAN

My Blog site - http://rsubras.blogspot.com

Senior Member Devoted Hubber Dragun's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The industry has changed somewhat. People don't have to sit through films they're otherwise uninterested in just for the songs, which are available online or on TV.

It's not that bad films don't become hits these days or that songs don't contribute to a film's success, but it's not as common for hit songs to carry films that would otherwise be unpopular.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Good morning!!! A.R. Rahman the living legend arrival at Kuala Lumpur International Airport today for Infinite Love
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NOV,

Neenga concert-ku pogalaiya

10. Likes NOV liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hate crowds

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    tickets very expensive no I was planning on making the trip if not for such a high cost
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman