Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Happy B'day Thalaiva

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was going to write a long and soppy message but it doesn't matter whether it's long or short as I feel nothing can justify my gratitude. The point is Happy Birthday Rahman Ji! Thank you for everything, you continue to inspire me everyday and your smile sprouts energy in countless people P.S. We look forward to welcoming "Patakha Guddi" tomorrow.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was anyone able to watch the 5 Super Singer episodes of A R Rahman week? I'm half way through them, and I have to say. Very well done. Great singing and some great question asked from some of the not so public people who work with A R Rahman. Very interesting.

Sid Sriram stole the show fro me and that boy who sang Kummi Adi
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    LM Sir,

I'm fully obliged to apologise for sharing that link. It was not required here. Any ways, things won't be getting out of hand in our Mayyam family anymore Thanks to people like you proving we are the better sort.
    Last edited by Sunil_M88; 24th January 2014 at 10:59 PM. Reason: addendum

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rahman At Grammy Awards Images

Senior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    unbelievable performance. pitch perfect.

vocals + chorus + bass guitar => sheer magic.now's what i call as an incredible composition.

Don't forget vote for him, this guy sang almost ARR songs

Junior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    A.R.Rahman

Humbled by the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland's honoris causa Doctor of Music degree! http://fb.me/2giecNlNn

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A.R. Rahman coming to town

PETALING JAYA: Music fans, take note! Double Oscar winner A.R. Rahman will be coming to Kuala Lumpur this April 26 for a concert at Stadium Merdeka.

The concert, entitled Infinite Love, is being organised by Indian entertainment company DML Live.

According to the company’s Facebook page, tickets will go on sale the first week of February with prices yet to be announced.

Rahman’s first concert in Kuala Lumpur, entitled Festival Night took place in October 1996 when he performed before a sell-out crowd of 40,000 people.

The maestro returned in Dec 20, 2003 for the Unity of Light concert at Shah Alam Stadium which saw notable Kollywood playback singers like Shankar Mahadevan, Hariharan and S.P. Balasubramaniam sharing the stage with him.

Described as the most prominent and prolific film composer by Time, Rahman’s works are notable for integrating Indian classical music with pop, modern electronica, world and Western classical music.

Rahman has to date won two Oscars, two Grammys, a BAFTA award, a Golden Globe award, four National Film Awards, 15 Filmfare Awards and 13 Filmfare Awards South. In 2009, Time placed Rahman in its list of the World’s Most Influential People.

A.R. Rahman has sold more than 150 million copies of his works comprising of music from more than 100 film soundtracks and albums in half a dozen languages including landmark scores such as Roja, Bombay, Lagaan, Slumdog Millionaire, Delhi 6, Rockstar and most recently, Raanjhana and Maryan.

The Infinite Love concert will also be performed in Singapore on April 30, a day after Rahman’s KL engagement.

http://www.thestar.com.my/News/Natio...NMh4o.facebook
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Senior Member Devoted Hubber k_vanan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rahman-Imtiaz-Ranbir-Irshad team up again for Sajid's nextBy Joginder Tuteja, Feb 3, 2014

A.R Rahman, whose collaboration with Imtiaz Ali on Highway, would now be scoring a hat-trick with the filmmaker. For Imtiaz's next which has a working title Window Seat, the composer has given a nod of agreement to create music.

"Though last year there were some murmurs around Rahman coming on board for the film, there was no official confirmation. However, everything is sealed and dusted now. Rahman would be scoring music for Imtiaz Ali for the third time now, after Rockstar and Highway," confirms our source.

This also brings the trio of Rahman, Imtiaz and Ranbir together again after Rockstar. They are also joined by Irshad Kamil, who has been a long standing lyricist with Imtiaz.

"Incidentally Irshad is the only one who has always been associated with me. He has written songs for all my films ever since I started my Bollywood career with Socha Na Tha (2005). He and I have been working together for a decade now," smiles Imtiaz, "As for Rahman saab, it is great to have him compose for my next as well."

The film, which is produced by Sajid Nadiadwala and features Deepika Padukone as the leading lady, is all set to go on floors this summer. But naturally, music plays a major part in the narrative. In fact so engrossed is Rahman with the kind of narrative that Imtiaz has adopted for his films, and hence created place for his music, that he is heard appreciating the filmmaker for the experience that he has had with Highway.

While it is also obvious that the music of his Ranbir Kapoor starrer won't be anything like the kind that one heard in Rockstar, Imtiaz promises that it would be a treat indeed for the listeners. Since the story is set in India as well as Europe, the soundtrack would have varied flavors to it with a mix of Indian and international sound.

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!