Page 228 of 268 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238 ... LastLast
Results 2,271 to 2,280 of 2673

Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sunil!!! Just rewinding my memories!!!

http://musically-marx.blogspot.in/20...-agsharam.html

This was the comment he passed when he released the album. This discussion is like a dead snake. We are beating it again and again. Even in one of his recent concerts, he remarked that "nowadays everyone think they can compose whatever and whichever manner they want.,music scene has become like that" and he cited some of his compositions for their excellent structure and as usual praised greats like Madan Mohan ji and Naushad etc etc..

So many comments...Even IR fans will accept it...Just chill out and enjoy their music...Do you think the media will paint ARR as a saint simply...They wait for their tidbits..Even at the smallest hints, they will blow it out of proportions. IR has his own ego and he has this PR problem. He doesn't convey his thoughts in a polished manner. He speaks straight forward. So the media also has got used to it and has stereotyped him to be like that. Thanks to his endless controversies with the 80's legends...Comparatively ARR has kept quiet...Thats the difference... These two are people of iconic stature.

When we fans break our heads, they both in person share a very good relationship... laughing over our funny exchanges...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not too sure they do have a good relationship. They might be invitees to each other's family functions, but whenever they have to talk about the other person's work, there is always an 'edge'. Their relationship is different from say IR-MSV or MSV-ARR. IR is still very much active in the industry and he seems to be an ultra competitive person by all accounts (isn't that why he gets so upset if some director 'deserts' him and goes to another composer). So he doesn't let go and ARR will also go only this far and no further. Forget about ARR, IR doesn't even spare Kamal!

I do accept that IR has made a lot of controversial statements and you will find a lot of fans who are willing to acknowledge it. I don't see such a similar acceptance from the ARR club, only an urgency to somehow paint IR fans as 'desperate' or 'jealous' or whatever. What does jealously have to do with it? I cannot help it if you don't see it that way but I think describing any composer's quest for perfection as deliberate masochism is disrespectful. Yes, it is ok, he can say controversial things if he wants to because he is also human but any positive tweaking of that statement to somehow present it as if only IR fans are misreading it sounds dubious to me. Just because it may not be IR and might have been Rajan Nagendra or any other 70s or 80s or even 90s composer doesn't somehow make the statement more courteous. Articulating opinions in a polished way is not any musician's forte because that's not what they make a living out of. ARR has ultimately fallen into the same trap but so far, NDTV seems to have obliged him by not revealing those portions in the synopsis. Only those who bother to listen to the full interview would even begin to see what the fuss is about.

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is my first post in the Hub but I have been following the discussions for a while. Re: ARR's comments, some of it was indeed unnecessary. But, hasn't IR passed snide remarks on ARR quiet often? The one that hurt the most was about "எல்லா புகழும் இறைவனுக்கே".

புகழ் மட்டுமல்ல, அந்த புகழுக்கு காரணமாக இருக்க கூடிய திறமையும் இறைவன் அளித்ததுதான். மற்றவர்கள் புகழ்வதினால் மமதை வந்துவிடக்கூடாது என்பதற்காகவும், எல்லாவற்றிற்கும் காரணம் இறைவன், நம்மால் எதுவும் நடந்துவிடவில்லை என்று மனிதன் உணர்ந்து கொள்வதற்காகவும் தான் அந்த வாக்கியம். அதை கூட பொறுத்துக் கொள்ள இயலாமல் தூற்றியவர் தான் இளையராஜா. ஒரு வேளை தன் திறமைக்கு இறைவன் காரணமல்ல தானே காரணம் என்று நினைக்கிறாரோ என்னவோ? இறைவனுக்கே வெளிச்சம்.

Why should ARR or his fans take it lying down all the time? Rahman is as human as the rest of us. And, so is Raja. It is their music that sets them apart from the rest of us mortals.

No one denies Ilayaraja's genius. isaifan's comments come across as condescending. It is as if only IR fans are blessed with great musical tastes. "onaayum aattu kuttiyum" may contain great musical scores. But, what is the need to post it here? What are you trying to prove?

Post Thanks / Like
    crimson king

IR fans have gone one step ahead and are calling Rahman himself a jealous person. Rahman is jealous of IR for what? IR fans are no saints either. Of course, not all IR fans. I myself am one. I am talking about the hard-core IR fans.

In another thread, a guy named rajaramsgi has posted "கண்டவன் வாயில எல்லாம் விழுந்து வர வேண்டும் என்பது ராஜா சாரின் தலை எழுத்து."

சினிமா துறையிலும் இணையத்திலும் கண்டவன் வாயில எல்லாம் விழுந்து வர வேண்டும் என்பது ரஹ்மானின் தலை எழுத்தும் கூட*. What to do?

Another fellow dochu has said that Rahman plagiarizes but still ends up winning awards. Go and file a law suit against Rahman on behalf of the so-called original composers if you really care. We will see if you win. The other laughable comment he/she made was that Rahman lacks responsibility. A Rahman fan here ajaybaskar has posted an apt reply. I have nothing to add to that.

You come across as a reasonable IR fan. Pray tell us, do you agree with everything these fellows post here? What do Raja fans expect? Rahman should fall at Raja's feet at every given chance and seek his blessings? Nah, that won't happen.

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree that it is not fair to accuse a composer of lacking responsibility merely for expressing an opinion. I fully agree there is no need for condescending remarks either. I do not agree with a lot of things either IR or HCIRFs (to use the abbrev.) say. But that is not my point. My point is only I have heard people say similar things about IR for remarks that weren't even malicious in the first place and also slam anybody who dared defend such a remark as a blinded fanatic or some such. Until I am convinced that that has changed, I will not be able to empathise with the present situation. As I pointed out earlier, even a remark appreciating the quality of his musicians was deliberately twisted out of context and people, like so many sheep, lapped it up and jumped at the opportunity to heap calumny on IR. The boot is simply on the other foot now, as I see it. I would urge that NO ONE deserves character assassination for their opinions or statements in public unless they are racist or discriminating on other grounds like caste or religion; it shouldn't matter if they are IR or ARR. You would note that I too am not judging ARR as a person. I only observe that the comment made is disrespectful...and, to reiterate, it is ok, if he really wants to say it, he can, it is his choice. I don't think people should be overly concerned about public perceptions anyway.

Moderator Diamond Hubber littlemaster1982's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good posts Thozhar : thumbsup: Welcome to the hub

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thozar..
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your kind welcome littlemaster1982 and Mahen.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    புகழ் மட்டுமல்ல, அந்த புகழுக்கு காரணமாக இருக்க கூடிய திறமையும் இறைவன் அளித்ததுதான். மற்றவர்கள் புகழ்வதினால் மமதை வந்துவிடக்கூடாது என்பதற்காகவும், எல்லாவற்றிற்கும் காரணம் இறைவன், நம்மால் எதுவும் நடந்துவிடவில்லை என்று மனிதன் உணர்ந்து கொள்வதற்காகவும் தான் அந்த வாக்கியம். அதை கூட பொறுத்துக் கொள்ள இயலாமல் தூற்றியவர் தான் இளையராஜா. ஒரு வேளை தன் திறமைக்கு இறைவன் காரணமல்ல தானே காரணம் என்று நினைக்கிறாரோ என்னவோ? இறைவனுக்கே வெளிச்சம்-thozar

saattai adi!!evalo naal engga iruntheenga thozar-re!!!welcome sir!

Post Thanks / Like
    வணக்கம் ஆனந்த். என்ன இந்திய திரை நூறு ஆண்டு கொண்டாட்டத்தில் நம்ம தலைவரை காணோம். எங்காவது வெளிநாடு சென்று விட்டாரா? உங்களுக்கு ஏதாவது விவரம் தெரியுமா?