pala murai paatachu bro!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    A.R. Rahman attends Grammy red carpet

Oscar-winning Indian composer A.R Rahman attended the 55th Annual Grammy Awards held here Sunday night along with wife Saira Banu.

Looking dapper in suit teamed with shades, he also sported a funky hairdo, quite rare for him. Saira was looking elegant in a traditional gharara like outfit.

Rahman shared his excitement of going to the awards with his fans, "On the way to the Grammies."

"Enjoyed the Bob Marley tribute," he further added.

http://newindianexpress.com/entertai...cle1459177.ece

Post Thanks / Like
    After Rockstar Imtiaz Ali, A R Rahman reunite for Highway

If all goes well, then music maestro A R Rahman may may compose music for Imtiaz Ali's next film Highway after Rockstar.

Highway, which will also be a musical, is likely to star Randeep Hooda.

"It is almost certain that AR Rahman is on board for Highway. Though there have been on and off murmurs for quite some time around him consenting to this Sajid Nadiadwala production, it is a matter of formality now. Rahman shares a very good relationship with Imtiaz and not many are aware that he had composed some tracks many years ago when Rockstar was being planned with John Abraham. Though Imtiaz had roped in Pritam for Jab We Met and Love Aaj Kal, it was back to Rahman for him when Ranbir Kapoor joined Rockstar, said a source.

The relationship continues with Highway where Randeep Hooda is playing the lead opposite Alia Bhatt.

"It would be quite interesting since the coming together of Rahman, Imtiaz and Nadiadwala is unique in its own way. Each of them comes with their own artistic and commercial sense. Their collaboration should be interesting. Moreover Nadiadwala would be working with Rahman for the first time. As for Imtiaz, music of his films is always very special. He is very excited since the film is not just a love story; it has got a very strong thrill element to it as well. Rahman has a good range of situations to munch on", the source added.

For Rockstar, A R Rahman had given more than what Imtiaz would have demanded by churning out 14 distinct tracks.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/af...ghway/1073084/

Post Thanks / Like
    ARR interview people magazine!

http://zh.scribd.com/doc/125758822/P...-Rahman360-Com

Q : What is the most inspiring music that you have made yet?

AR : I thought `Yeh Jo Des Hai Tera' from Swades (2004) and 'Vellai Pookal' from Kannathil Muthamittal (2002) were both touching and very inspiring. I am always struggling with pleasing my fans some of them like my 1990s sound, the others prefer my work from 2005. But one has to keep moving and reinventing.

Q : You've Completed 20 Years In Showbiz.What Was The Turning Point For You ?

AR : It has to be Roja (1992). Even though it was my debut, it put me right on top and pushed me in another direction altogether. I was my only competition. It wasn't so much about music but the momentum that was set by Roja, which was difficult. I had to keep defying expectations. After that, I had such a fan following that I could never be still. If I did, my fans kicked my butt and said, 'Come on, move' (laughs). I really love it because then it doesn't make you complacent.

Q : What do you enjoy apart from making music?

AR : Photography. It sometimes helps envision how I want to make music. Sometimes, I also help my directors and give them ideas about a shot. I feel if you are dumb and don't know anything then you get taken for grant-ed and even exploited. Since I travel a lot, I always keep a camera with me and click pictures whenever I can. After a long time, I have also started driving again and I find it liberating.
    Last edited by A.ANAND; 17th February 2013 at 10:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Arr Denies
    IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, February 26, 2013] 0 Comments

To quote Michael Jackson, "lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons". Yes, we all love him, but that does not mean we have to make AR Rahman, a possible director - at least not by rumours! The legend has denied all the hoax that he is venturing into direction. However it is true that he is currently working on a project, but this is purely music. The project is titled 'Rasayana Rojakkal' and is directed by the ace musician's sister AR Rehana; the teaser is supervised by Rahman.

There is no questioning his creativity; it is said that the AR Rahman has suggested and guided a few shots in the filming of the project's teaser. All said and done, he is still sincerely head over heels in love with music alone.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2359810/

Out June 28th according to FB. Music or movie i dont know
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber lancelot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Link to above mentioned FB page

https://www.facebook.com/onlyarrahman
    Sadhakallahu Nabiyul Kareem - A R Rahman

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dhanush's character name is Kundan. Nice!!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    GVM ropes ARR for the Surya starrer 'Dhruva Natchathiram'. Shooting starts from June 1.