Page 216 of 268 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266 ... LastLast
Results 2,151 to 2,160 of 2673

Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A R Rahman first Indian to have over 10 mn followers on Facebook

The musical maestro A R Rahman has done it again. This time he has become the first Indian to have more than one crore or 10 million followers on popular social networking site Facebook.

Two time Oscar and a Grammy award winner, who has recently been lauded for his music in Mani Ratnam’s yet to be released Tamil flick Kadal, has left behind all other popular Indian celebrities by a strong margin.

http://business-standard.com/india/n...book/202846/on

Interestingly, Amitabh Bachchan who is known to be Bollywood’s global icon has just over 3.5 million followers on Facebook . Aamir Khan and Priyanka Chopra have 6.3 million and 3 million followers respectively. The closest , in terms of total followers, to Rahman is Sachin Tendulkar with 9 million followers.

Rahman, known for putting Indian music on the global map, also celebrated this development by thanking his fans on his official page in late night on Tuesday.

Comparing it with India’s leading musicians, Shankar Mahadevan of music director trio Shankar-Ehsaan- Loy has just over 1.1 million fans while Sonu Nigam has over six million fans.

A R Rahman, also known as Mozarts of Madras, recently unveiled a single named Infinite Love which has received worldwide appreciation and also went viral on You Tube.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    Big B mesmerized by ARR
    IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, January 22, 2013] 0 Comments

AR Rahman is one legend who has fans with no diversity at all. Anyone and everyone who loves good music will be in love with his creations. And now, after the release of "Kadal" album, even the Superstar of Bollywood, Amitabh Bachchan is head over heels in love with AR Rahman's music.

"The music of AR Rehman plays from his latest film of Maniratnam "Kadal" ... that strain again, tis' not so sweet again as it was before .. ahh .. yes it plays again ... lyrical, endearing and beautiful ... music the food of love .. and 'Kadal' love ... !!" was what the Big B posted on a social network recently. On that note, it is also true that AR Rahman crossed a hundred million fans on that same social network recently. Kudos to that!!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber satissh_r's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://m.thehindu.com/arts/magazine/....co%2FbYlVmMdY

Had a small tear in my eye after reading this, god bless the little one and Bravo!
    Patience, Forgiveness and Understanding are great tools for humanity...! Spread the Love - A R Rahman

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know what to say. My prayers for the kid. Get well soon dear!!

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    overwhelming......got instant tears........idhukku mela oruthharu music-a vechhu enna panna mudiyum?? this is way beyond oscars, golden globes.......i hope rahman reads this which will serve as a encouragement to keep going....infact, this is what he wants to do with his music - bring peace, make a positive change in peple.......thalaiva - tommorow my grandsons would say, my grandad lived in Rahman;s era
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Exactly my thoughts. This is way beyond any awards.

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber satissh_r's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I wish someone could tell thalaivar about this little one, I'm sure he'll give her a visit, it could do wonders for parents and her.
    Patience, Forgiveness and Understanding are great tools for humanity...! Spread the Love - A R Rahman

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by satissh_r View Post
    http://m.thehindu.com/arts/magazine/....co%2FbYlVmMdY

Had a small tear in my eye after reading this, god bless the little one and Bravo!
    harmoniyathila vaasicha mattum than uyir varuma??keyboard-la vasichalum uyir irukathan seyyuthu!ellame isathan..god bless this child!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    AMIT TREVEDI ON THIRUDA THIRUDA ANS ARR

'I never pictured doing this kind of thing as a kid. I'm 33 now and I grew up in Santacruz, another Mumbai suburb. That's where I discovered the album that made me fall in love with music: the score to the 1993 Tamil action comedy Thiruda Thiruda, by A.R. Rahman. I still play that album when I need inspiration. It switches between staccato dance rhythms and heartbreaking a cappella arrangements. There's nothing else like it in Indian pop music, not even by Rahman himself. It's a masterpiece."

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/ee03c4c6-6...#axzz2JCIGfQ4n