Page 2 of 268 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Softy,

Adhu yerkanave vaanguna oscarukku illa. Vaanga pora oscarukku...
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok.. If Oscar looks old, suggestions are welcome..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    oru murai thootta sigaratthula thirumba thirumba yeruradhu worth illa....

next aspiration: nobel prize for peace through music.
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Mahen's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ajay
    Usurae Poguthey Usurae Poguthey..Othada Nee Konjam Suzhikayila

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ajay,

i love u!

but dr.padmasri , bhathmabooshan pottirukkalam!okla....

Post Thanks / Like
    Video: Birthday greeting to AR's mother - A.R. Rahman

Post Thanks / Like
    Lata Mangeshkar defends Rahman over CWG song

Defending the music maestro A R Rahman over the Commonwealth Games theme song fiasco, melody queen Lata Mangeshkar has said that people should not expect every song of this genius composer to be a rocking hit.

"I have not heard the song. What I am hearing is continuous criticism, which I related stories
    At 81, India's nightingale Lata sings on
    don't like at all. Rahman is an extremely dedicated composer and people are getting too harsh because of just one failure," Lata Mangeshkar told PTI .

"It's just like people should not expect century from Sachin (Tendulkar) in every match. It happens in music also. Even the veterans do mistakes sometimes. I cannot say that every song of mine is perfect. Many a times I am not satisfied with what I have sung," said the Bharat Ratna awardee.
    The CWG theme song Oh Yaaro, Ye India bula liya has got a lukewarm response. People have been saying that it lacks lustre and was either a result of a hurried job or the composer's powers were no longer as potent as before.

Although Rahman charged a whopping Rs. 5 crore as fee for the theme song, but it desperately lacks the verve or pace of Shakira's Waka, Waka, which became a global hit during this year's football World Cup. It also falls well short of the composer's own rousing hits of the past.

Lata Mangeshkar, who turned 82 today, however, applauded the dedication and devotion of the Oscar winning music director.

"Whatever Rahman has created, must be a result of a lot of hard work. Sometimes audience do not like what we feel is our best. It happens and one cannot avoid it. In this case neither Rahman is wrong nor the audience," said the legendary singer.
    The Indian nightingale, who has rendered her voice in some of the gems from Rahman like Jiya Jale (Dil se), O Paalan haare (Lagaan) and Luka Chhipi (Rang de Basanti), felt that music is a passion for the Mozart from Madras and he wants to bring something new every time.

"I remember when he was working on his album Vandemataram, one day at midnight he went to the Tamil director Bharat Bala and told him that he was ready with the song and wanted to record it then.

"They did the recording at night and then Bala made the video. It shows how sincere Rahman is towards his work," she added.Bala, incidentally, is also the creative head of the ceremonies committee for the Delhi Games 2010. The video of CWG theme song is conceptualised and produced by Bharat Bala productions

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Lata-M...e1-605568.aspx

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think both song and video for CWG should of been released on the same day, then there might of not been as much brouhaha.

Post Thanks / Like
    'CWG will be off to a flying start once Rahman starts singing'

NEW YORK: There may be delays and lapses in preparation for the Commonwealth Games, but External Affairs Minister SM Krishna says the troubled event will be "off to a flying start" when AR Rahman starts singing the welcome song on October three.

Speaking at the Asia Society here, Krishna assured the world community that the Games would be a success and hoped that the athletes will be satisfied with the preparations.

"This much I can assure you as an Indian and as a minister of the external affairs of India that on OCtober 3 when (Oscar-winning music composer) AR Rahman starts with his welcome orchestra, I think we will be off to a flying start," Krishna said in response to a volley of questions on the Games.

The Games will be inaugurated on Sunday at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi.

Krishna also admitted there have been some lapses in a sense.

"We did not anticipate that the monsoons will be so prolonged and so heavy and as a result of that the preparations got delayed but the news that is coming out of New Delhi in the last two days that things are improving," he said.

"The athletes have started coming to New Delhi and they will be very pleased with the arrangements," he said.

Krishna, who is in New York for attending the opening session at the General Assembly, has responded to several queries by the Indian and foreign media about the problems associated with the games.

Several comparisons have been made to India's failure to get it act together when China pulled off the Olympics and South Africa managed the Football World Cup earlier this year.

"This has been said about every international athletic event before it starts...questions are always asked and doubts are always expressed... the ultimate proof is eating of the pudding," Krishna said.

"I am going to be back here again next year and then you can put to me this question how well we conducted the Commonwealth Games," the External Affairs Minister said.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/s...ow/6648617.cms

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber AudazJay's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ajay wonderful thread! I love the title. Oscar-ke perumai selluthiya Thamizhan namma ARR. Title is absolutely apt!
    "We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit." Aristotle.

Page 2 of 268 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast