Page 198 of 268 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248 ... LastLast
Results 1,971 to 1,980 of 2673

Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Becos of IR bashing only, few good hubbers left this space. Antha varutham kooda irukkalaam...
    Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar View Post
    2009 la avar Oscar vaanginappavum sari, ippavum sari, மக்கள்ஸ் இசை பற்றி அதன் உள்ளடப்பம் பற்றி பேசுறதை விட, யாருக்கு அதிக சம்பளம், புகழ், வாய்ப்புக்கள் என தான் பார்க்கின்றனர். இதை வைத்தே அனைத்தையும் முடிவு செய்துவும் விடுகின்றனர்.

ரஜினி என்றுமே பெரிய மாஸ் தான் என்றாலும் கமல் மாஸ் + க்ளாஸ் என்பதை ரஜினியே கூட ஓரளவு ஒத்துக்கொள்வார். இப்போது பேசுவது அதைப்போலத்தான்! ரஜினி வசூலில், உச்சத்தில் தான். ஆனால் அவர் கமலுக்கு வரைந்து கொடுத்த ஓவியத்தில் அவர் கீழே தான், கமல் மேலே தான். அதுபோன்ற விஷயம் இது!

ரஹ்மான் இதை ஒத்துக்கொள்வாரா என்பதை கூட விட்டுவிடுங்கள், ஆனால் ரஹ்மான் ரசிகர்கள், ரஹ்மானின் அதிக சம்பளம், புகழ், வாய்ப்புக்கள் இவற்றை வைத்தும், ராஜாவின் சில பதில்கள் இவற்றை வைத்தும் ராஜாவை மிக மிக கீழிறக்க முயல்கிறார்கள். இதை Versus Thing ஆக மாற்ற முயல்கிறார்கள். ரஹ்மான் என்றில்லை, எந்த Versus க்கும் அப்பாற்பட்ட மிக உயரத்தில்ருப்பதே ராஜாவின் திறன். அது தற்போது நீதா.எ.பொ.வசந்தம் மூலம் இசையாகவும் சரி, வர்த்தக வெற்றியாகவும் சரி, வெற்றி பெற்று ஊர்ஜிதப்படுத்த பட்டது. இந்த ஒரு ஆல்பம் மட்டுமே ராஜாவின் இசைத்திறனுக்கு உதாரணம் என்று அல்ல, ஆனால் இதுவும் ஒரு (முக்கியமான) (தொடரும்) உதாரணம்

SKV - i have been watching/reading silently - first of all, why did IR related talk even begin in this thread ?? isnt it irrelevant to this thread's title ? I dont get it

plus, I dont agree with your line of thought abt Rajini's portrait gift to Kamal in a way humbling himself - adhu avaroda thanippatta karutthu, feeling etc etc - adhai avar sollumbodhu azhaghu + mariyadhai minjudhu - aanaa, adhaiyey naano neengalo sutti kambichhu 'dho paar, avaru ivarukku keezha thaan' nnu solradhu equivalent to begging/clamoring for attention - not necessary IMHO - coz we all know how kamal's or rajini's works affects/impacts us individually thats what matters

I wudnt care less, for what junta thinks/feels, or rather, what media's perception is abt what makkals think! we live in an age of blogs, and personal websites, and highly knowledgeable ppl contribute in those blogs, making mainstream media totally redundant - this trend can be obviously seen on the political front, where ppl are losing interest in mainstream media spouting nonsense, while ppl with indepth knowledge/sense of socio-political events and vast experience in these fields, give their educated opinions in personal blogs!

I wudnt care less what some ARR fan or for that matter even an IR fan tells me abt either of their music - so happens that my musical taste buds have been honed during the 1980s, 90s etc by the monster IR's genius - yenga poi suthhinaalum, kadaseela avar music sundi izhuppadhu is testimony to the impact his music continues to have on me - ARR getting an oscar or not, in no way diminishes my admiration for IR's music, nor does it make me feel bad abt ARR's better compositions, period!

konjam objectivity maintain panradhu betternu ninaikkaren

what ARR accomplishes or not in hollywood is entirely upto him - somone savvy enough to hire the Gorfaine / Schwartz Agency to get his job done in LA, does not need anyone from the TFM page to tell him how to go fashioning his career!

IR avar kitta varra projects ellam reject panradhum, othhukkaradhum avaroda choice.

though i used to get emotional 10 years ago, I have reconciled to the fact that these are two entirely different mindsets, one operating at a very-well organized structured professional level in terms of furthering one's career, while the other is slightly old-school in terms of all of these - btw, am not talking abt musical creativity!

as for 'sindu mundu sundakkaais, vendakkaais' talking condescending, derogatory stuff abt IR, i wud safely ignore them - they are simply not my equals, ungalukku eppadiyo theriyaadhu - i got better stuff to do

btw, 'nenjukkulley' continues with the kind of clarity in sound ARR always scores high on with every single instrument coming out perfectly - venumnaa we can discuss elsewhere how IR dumps layers and layers of instrumentals within 4 min in a track as in NEPV and though it has all come out well, IMO technology is struggling to keep up with his genius! idhu eppadi irukku ?!

to put it all in a nutshell, inga yaaru yenna solliyum, onniyum aagapporadhilla - neither ARR nor IR will decide on things based on any of this - avinga suyambu, yenna panradhunnu avingalukku theriyin - avinga music kekkaradhum kekkaama poradhum avaravar ishtam!
    Last edited by irir123; 10th November 2012 at 02:58 AM.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"
    -Robert Frost

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sakala,

I clearly explained what ARR accomplished in Hollywood post the Oscar win. You carefully overlooked it.

On the jealousy part, I've always had that feel. Be it the needless dig on ARR"s 'Ella pugazhum iraivanukke' or the recent remark on the composer who works at night, my opinion only gets more and more instances to substantiate with. If people are failing to see that or refusing to see, then its their problem. And importantly, those remarks on ARR had nothing to do with music.

There were also instances when Raja had issues with synthesized sounds. Show me one post of mine or any other ARR fan bashing IR for that. We had let it go since it was not his way of composing music and his issues were understandable. He belongs to a different school altogether.

If Venkki wanted to question my post, then he has all the rights to do it. I don't think there is need for a facilitator there. If you find my post inappropriate, report it to the moderator. Stop grading it. Abaththam,arputham ellam avanga sollattum.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Srini talks about minsaara poove

The original tune was for a female solo.. The Pallavi was different.. ARR had composed it with a mridangam loop and he had sung so many variations for about 25 minutes.. Then he called me and started editing it into a proper Pallavi charanam format .. And recorded the rough tune with me.. When the song rec happened it had become a duet and the Pallavi tune was freshly composed .. He taught me and I taught nithyashree the tune.. Hariji was supposed to sing the song but was out of the country.. I finished the track in 10 min since it was just a rough track for Hariji to dub later.. Nithyashri freaked out with alaaps and some jathis.. Then Palakkad sriram came and added some more jathis.. All this on some basic chords and a mridangam loop.. Then AR got into action and chopped the jathis placed the alaaps etc and got the basic structure going.. And then recorded the genius DA Srinivas on the mridangam .. If you notice the song starts with the same jathi that sriram did in the end..only diff is it is played on the mridangam.. They shot with this version and later Hariji came and sang my portion.. I have heard that and of course he sang it differently and more beautifully than me but it just did not suit Rajni on screen.. And both Rajni and ARR felt my singing suited the character better.. Fortunately for me the song was shot and done.. So my version stayed.. Hariji's Alaap stayed.. This was a stroke of luck for me more than anything else.. Since it was a rough I just got 10 min to do the song and that is what you hear.. Always wish that I had at least an hour .. But this incident goes to prove that nothing can stop you if your time is good.. At that point in time replacing Hariji was like a completely impossible thing..

watch from 5.00

Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Sakala,

I clearly explained what ARR accomplished in Hollywood post the Oscar win. You carefully overlooked it.

On the jealousy part, I've always had that feel. Be it the needless dig on ARR"s 'Ella pugazhum iraivanukke' or the recent remark on the composer who works at night, my opinion only gets more and more instances to substantiate with. If people are failing to see that or refusing to see, then its their problem. And importantly, those remarks on ARR had nothing to do with music.

There were also instances when Raja had issues with synthesized sounds. Show me one post of mine or any other ARR fan bashing IR for that. We had let it go since it was not his way of composing music and his issues were understandable. He belongs to a different school altogether.

If Venkki wanted to question my post, then he has all the rights to do it. I don't think there is need for a facilitator there. If you find my post inappropriate, report it to the moderator. Stop grading it. Abaththam,arputham ellam avanga sollattum.
    Ajay,

Raja's comment for "Ellaa pugazhum iraivanukke", where is Oscar coming into picture? I don't remember if he said this b4 or after oscars. Even if he said later, i don't see a connection.

On that 'composer who works at night' again you have to tell what is insulting. Computer munnaadiye thoongi vazhigira composers kooda now turned towards Live Recording- is what he said. Ithula enna thappu? Thoongi vazhigira et all, you ppl got good opportunity to laugh at him since its not like he peeped into panchathan inn to see Rahman sleeping at his 'night-time' work. And as i said, you, like any other Rahman fan comfortably skip how that moron framed the question to Raja. "Computers, tecnology etc use senju isai amaithu Kaatta Mudiyumaa" which naturally irked Raja. Namakku Rajavai yaar eppadi insult senjaalum, media enna kostin kettaalum, kaiya pudichi izhuthaalum kavalai illai. Aanaa Raja mattum atchara suthamaa pesaNum, sinnama oru mistake vanthaalum pothum, udane poraamai nnu sollidalaam! Aanaa yen poraamai, ethukku poraamai nnu solla theriyaathu!

And yes you said what Rahman accomplished in HW but you urself said you are unsure of the final outcome and also you didn't say what exactly happened for him in HW which makes another composer to feel jealous.

Synthesized sound - avarukku pudikkalai sari ok, thats something even yuvan uses. But what did Raja say? I don't know this incident.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ajaybaskar,
    It is all your fault. antha vishayatha neenga inga konda vara poi thevai illaama sakala-ya intha threadla IR puranam ezhutha vechu atha naa padichu tholaichu thalavali vanthathuthaan micham. You gave him a chance to belittle ARR. Ennavo pannunga.

IR enna sonna ennanga? atha poyi IR section la post panna vendiyathuthaane?

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber satissh_r's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did not want to get into this but Sakala just one question, yaaro oruthan (muttal kelviyave irukkattum) avara technology pathi ketta kelvikku en innoru composera izhukkanum? Cheap shot IMHO. Innoru vishayam, ivar NEPV songsukku apparam than mathavanga ellam live instruments use panrangalam EKSI FYI Roja la irunthu nanga oru oru cassettelayum cd layum musicians peru pottu varom
    Patience, Forgiveness and Understanding are great tools for humanity...! Spread the Love - A R Rahman

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Rama,

Pls accept my apologies. I now understand the pain I've caused you and it was purely unintentional.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by satissh_r View Post
    I did not want to get into this but Sakala just one question, yaaro oruthan (muttal kelviyave irukkattum) avara technology pathi ketta kelvikku en innoru composera izhukkanum? Cheap shot IMHO. Innoru vishayam, ivar NEPV songsukku apparam than mathavanga ellam live instruments use panrangalam EKSI FYI Roja la irunthu nanga oru oru cassettelayum cd layum musicians peru pottu varom
    Enna cheap shot?? athai thaane ketkiten?? Live instruments starting la irunthe use panraaru thaan but again athu oru mis information thaane? appo athuvum insult illaiye! Again, intha answer ai inga post senju neenga IR oda answer ai nenachi urundu sirichi iruntheengannaa kooda athai paarthu naan ethuvum sollirukka mudiyaathu! Urundu sirikkura maathiri thaan avar answer senjirunthaaru. Paavam avarum oraLavu technology use senji irunthaalum muttaaL thanamaa kelvi kettathaala avaru erichal aagittaaru. Ithula enga avar innoru composer ai insult panraaru??

Raja sila words ai utter senjaaleye, udane name pulling, insult, kaiya pudichi izhuthing, poraamai nnu sammanthame illaama solli avarai thittureenga. ungalukku ellam IR baching panna oru saakku thevai paduthu thatsall. At same time, avar innum retire aagaama success kudukkurathai paaraattalainnaa kuuda paravaayilla, media vum sila muttaal fans um kelvi kettu avarai torture panraanga. ithellaam stop aagaNum

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramakrishna View Post
    Ajaybaskar,
    It is all your fault. antha vishayatha neenga inga konda vara poi thevai illaama sakala-ya intha threadla IR puranam ezhutha vechu atha naa padichu tholaichu thalavali vanthathuthaan micham. You gave him a chance to belittle ARR. Ennavo pannunga.

IR enna sonna ennanga? atha poyi IR section la post panna vendiyathuthaane?
    Ungalukku paragraph padichi vantha thalaivali enakku inga sila one liner padichathume vanthuduchi. btw, naan enna belittle senjen?!? Romba kashtam paa unga kooda