Page 19 of 268 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ARR accepts CWG anthem was a disappointment

Oscar-winning music composer AR Rahman apologised for the disappointment caused by his Commonwealth Games anthem. In an exclusive interview with NDTV, the maestro admitted that the track was not up to the mark. The reason for this travesty was the fact that it was only tested on the younger generation and not all the age groups. "The anthem was tested on the younger generation, and not all ages. We tested it on a lot of nationalities, but for some reason, people did not like it and it became a huge controversy," said Rahman.

He further added, "It served the purpose, I was patient. And next time I should be careful about testing it out on all the generations. It is difficult to satisfy every one, but I did try my best and I am sorry to have let anybody down; but I'm definitely proud of the composition." Overall, the CWG anthem, India bula liya got a lukewarm response from the audience and was openly criticised by CWG Organising Committee's executive board member V K Malhotra and other leaders for "falling short of expectations".

Before the games, Rahman had received a lot of criticism upon the preview of the track and had to 'tweak' the song a bit. According to reports, the song was made 'peppier' to meet up to the precedence set before by Rahman's Chak de . At the time, legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar had defended the music maestro by saying that not every song of this genius composer could be a rocking hit.During the interview, Rahman also added that the music of the Rajinikanth-Aishwarya Rai starrer Endhiran was also a let down due to the dubbing. His version was only supposed to be in Tamil and had to dub the song for the other versions of the film. He said that with dubbing, there arises a problem of limitation of lyrics and sensitivity of language - and that in this particular case, "it showed."

http://movies.ndtv.com/movie_story.a...6&pfrom=Movies

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry if I've let anybody down, says Rahman

New Delhi: Double Oscar winner A.R. Rahman, who composed the Commonwealth Games theme song ‘Yaaro India Bula Liya', on Friday said he was “sorry” his number had attracted criticism in some quarters.

“I am sorry if I have let anybody down on this but definitely I am proud of the composition and the anthem,” the famed composer said.

Rahman said it was difficult to satisfy everyone but “I will try my best” in future.

He said he had realised that next time he should be more careful about testing it out on every generation — older, younger.

He, however, said there was a positive reaction when the theme song was tested on people from different nationalities.

“Of course, some people did not like it and it became a huge controversy,” he said.

Rahman said in his view the number was “great” during the opening day ceremony.

“It had lovely feedback from Australia, England and all those places, who had not heard about the controversy and they loved the song,” he added. — PTI

http://www.hindu.com/2010/10/16/s
    tories/2010101664341400.htm

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by A.ANAND

Oscar-winning music composer AR Rahman apologised for the disappointment caused by his Commonwealth Games anthem. In an exclusive interview with NDTV, the maestro admitted that the track was not up to the mark. The reason for this travesty was the fact that it was only tested on the younger generation and not all the age groups. "The anthem was tested on the younger generation, and not all ages. We tested it on a lot of nationalities, but for some reason, people did not like it and it became a huge controversy," said Rahman.

He further added, "It served the purpose, I was patient. And next time I should be careful about testing it out on all the generations. It is difficult to satisfy every one, but I did try my best and I am sorry to have let anybody down; but I'm definitely proud of the composition." Overall, the CWG anthem, India bula liya got a lukewarm response from the audience and was openly criticised by CWG Organising Committee's executive board member V K Malhotra and other leaders for "falling short of expectations".

Before the games, Rahman had received a lot of criticism upon the preview of the track and had to 'tweak' the song a bit. According to reports, the song was made 'peppier' to meet up to the precedence set before by Rahman's Chak de . At the time, legendary singer Lata Mangeshkar had defended the music maestro by saying that not every song of this genius composer could be a rocking hit.During the interview, Rahman also added that the music of the Rajinikanth-Aishwarya Rai starrer Endhiran was also a let down due to the dubbing. His version was only supposed to be in Tamil and had to dub the song for the other versions of the film. He said that with dubbing, there arises a problem of limitation of lyrics and sensitivity of language - and that in this particular case, "it showed."

Clear disconnect between subject and news title!
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Yathu's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sathya_1979

Clear disconnect between subject and news title!
    Exactly! Thats not even what ARR said! They're just trying to give the article a sensational headline, pretending to paraphrase what ARR said. Blady fools.

Post Thanks / Like
    We all know how media works! Worst profession now-a-days. indha pozhappu pozhaikkaradhukku...............
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry sollarathukkum oru manasu vendumillaiya?in my opinion, thalaivar sorry kettu irukka kudathu innu nenakiran!

Post Thanks / Like
    sorry sollarathukkum oru manasu vendumillaiya?in my opinion, thalaivar sorry kettu irukka kudathu innu nenakiran!
    same peeling. 70000 kOdi koLLai adichavanellaam kamukkamaa irukkaan. ivarukku enna?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sathya_1979
    same peeling. 70000 kOdi koLLai adichavanellaam kamukkamaa irukkaan. ivarukku enna?
    recording cost thavira,avarukku kedacha fees-sa return panni iruparunnu thonuthu!only he know's!

apparam kalmadi-yum rahman-num 5cr.-la panggu pottu kitangga innu media karanungga pali poduvanungga!yaaru kanda!

Post Thanks / Like
    inimE government sangaaththamE vENaam! nee pEsaama hollywood pOi kalakku thala! This country don't deserve you vaayila ketta vaarththai varudhu, naNbar LM kkaaga amaidhiyaa irukkEn

Post Thanks / Like
    -delete by me-