Page 162 of 268 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 2673

Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^ You'r right...almost every body can...So natural they are, when it comes to singing IMHO...Coming back to Mohanlal, I second yours and Grouchy's thought that he could have sung the song himself...I've also heard him sing ' Kalyana katcheri' from Madambi along with Shankar Mahadevan in an Asianet function pretty recently.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    Here it is...The attitude with which he sang was exemplary...This lack of inhibition is a trait that I find in many malayalees,not just singers ( the ones that I've met in my life till now)...

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Got my hands on Godfather Kannada songs, PM me if you want the links

Will post my views later on.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    ^ You'r right...almost every body can...So natural they are, when it comes to singing IMHO...
    True ! I have a couple Malayalee friends/colleagues and they all can sing to some extent and none of them is formally trained. They keep humming songs most of the time even while working at their desks. They do have a great passion for singing.

Coming back to Mohanlal, I second yours and Grouchy's thought that he could have sung the song himself...I've also heard him sing ' Kalyana katcheri' from Madambi along with Shankar Mahadevan in an Asianet function pretty recently.
    Thanks for the link Arvind Gonna watch now.
    And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche

Senior Member Veteran Hubber sathya_1979's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post

yes pls.......... thanks in advance
    Damager - 30 roovaa da, 30 roovaa kuduththa 3 naaL kaNNu muzhichchu vElai senju 30 pakkam OttuvaNdaa!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Arvind Srinivasan View Post
    Here it is...The attitude with which he sang was exemplary...
    Yep ! Very sportive too.

This lack of inhibition is a trait that I find in many malayalees,not just singers ( the ones that I've met in my life till now)...
    Same here.
    And those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunil_M88 View Post

Sunil, to me as well. Thanks. Looking forward to your review.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.historyindia.com/TGI/

Rahman, one of nominated for greatest indian since mahatma and people are askig for articles, web blogs as proof for his success

//i would personally vote for Periyar or Jai prakash narayanan//
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by groucho070 View Post
    Don't know where to post this, and sorry if its a repost. But man, he could've sang himself:

wow,amazing singing by Lalettan ....what an actor..the best in our Country IMO..breathtaking performance in Iruvar too.....he mentions AR as music machine

SUDHIR,
    indha video kandippa paru da..u will enjoy it
    Say My Name

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Godfather Kannada Songs

A nice trip down memory lane.

Vijay Prakash completely redefines Innisai with Nannede Sruthiyalli. He completely owns the prelude with his konakkol delivery which was last heard in Manmohini Morey. Nannede Sruthiyalli counterpart, Sarigama Sangamave is also notches above the original, an out and out authentic Carnatic number in Raag Hindolam(?). Thala’s divine performance from Varalaru hauntingly still lingers in my mind.

http:// youtube.com/watch?v=6y6bImNAR3o @3:06 onwards

Laali Laali Amma – I’m missing Rahman Ji, Naresh Iyer falls flat in reaching the high notes provided by Rahman Ji. However the emotion is retained. I’m oblivious to Kannada and Tamil but the chorus line of Laali Laali Amma sounds better to me as it’s easier to sing along to.

Neene Ee Kanna Honganasu – Sorry to say but Chinmayi does a better job than Sadhna mam but Abhay Jodhpurkar doesn’t even come to close SPB. However, he sounds better in the charanams. In hindsight I wish the original duet was by Chinmayi and SPB.

Sanchhari Manasu and Deepavali definitely sound better in Tamil. I’m a sucker for the arrangements for the arrangements in Deepavali, very inspiring work.

Aalapane replaces Ilaimai. It takes more of a melodic route than it predecessor. The respective beats are very Fanaa and Shano Shano-ish. The interlacing flute and acoustic guitar sound very supporting to this techno dance track. It’s really hard to define what genre this song is. It has the sensibilities of Gospel, Soul, and Hip hop. Blaaze is in top form. Warning – The chorus is really intoxicating. I can’t stop humming it.

Overall there’s not much to elaborate on as I hope we’re all familiar with the original. Hearing Godfather in Kannada iterates that Rahman Ji has broken the barriers of language. I think I could hear a Telephone directory set to Rahman Ji’s melody and still thoroughly enjoy it. Godfather definitely is one of Rahman Ji’s most diverse album. You have carnatic, middle eastern/ghazal and a youth anthem.

Rahman Ji who lives in a suitcase these days still conjures up quality music without any compromise. One minute he is collaborating with Iranian artists, one minute he's patrolling the world with his concerts and yet he comes back home to deliver some whopping music. Take a bow brother!