Page 160 of 268 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 2673

Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    One is always in awe of Rahman: Harshdeep Kaur

The 25-year-old singing sensation talks about her new album Ik Onkar, AR Rahman, Sufi music in Bollywood, upcoming projects and more..

'Katiya Karoon' singer Harshdeep Kaur recently released her first spiritual album Ik Onkar, featuring the complete Japji Sahib – the first sacred composition found in the main Sikh Holy Scripture, the Guru Granth Sahib.

Currently busy working on the second season of Coke Studio 2, the 25-year-old singing sensation came over to PlanetRadiocity studios to talk about her new album, AR Rahman, Sufi music in Bollywood, career highlights, upcoming projects and more...

Inception and making of Ik Onkar
    The idea came after I sang the mul mantar of the Japji Sahab, which is our Sikh prayer, for Rang De Basanti. It became really popular after the film and its music became a success. I started getting request emails from people to sing the whole Japji Sahab—all 40 verses—in the same style.

So I approached the artist who mixed and mastered the music of Rang De Basanti, KJ Singh, who incidentally is my dad’s friend too, and we decided to record it with harmonies.

After 6 years, it’s finally launched (laughs)! We’re very lucky that Rahman sir came to launch this album in Delhi. There really couldn’t have been a better launch.

Key learnings from AR Rahman
    Apart from being a musical genius, he’s a great human being. He’s so down to earth that you won’t feel “The AR Rahman” is standing next to you. He won’t let you feel how big a genius he is. He’s extremely spiritual too.

I remember one incident in particular. We were rehearsing for the world tour in America without him, suddenly he joined us and the entire ambience of the rehearsal room changed. It became so spiritual and the vibes were so good. I think it’s his presence and aura. You’re always in awe of him. It’s always like you’re singing for the first time in front of him.

One Rahman song you wish you had sung?
    All of them (laughs)! There are so many songs… I like ‘Chaiyya Chaiyya’ because it’s similar to my voice texture. There’s one Sufi song that he sang, called ‘Menda Yaar Mila De Saiyyan’, I absolutely love that song. I also like ‘Naadaan Parindey’. I can go on (laughs).

Rising popularity of Sufi music in Bollywood
    I think it’s not just Sufi music that is rising, it's good music that is rising. If a certain style goes on to become a hit, it ends up becoming a trend of sorts and then people demand more of that. Also, most of the Sufi songs are very soothing and that’s the reason why people like it.

It’s probably not being used in its true sense. It is being molded according to the situation in the film. It can’t be totally spiritual if Salman Khan is singing a song. Then again, ‘Tere Mast Mast Do Nain’ is a typical Bollywood song but at the same time, it’s got beautiful lyrics and is a very soulful composition. So I think it’s the melody of the song or the composition and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan of course that connects with the audience. People relate to it like Sufiyana Bollywood song. So it has some element of Sufi music in it even if it’s not entirely Sufi.

Highlights of your career
    The first highlight was the MTV Video Gaga Contest that I won in 2001. Then it was my first playback song that I did for Aapko Pehle Bhi Kabhi Dekha Hai, which was Anubhav Sinha’s second film. Next highlight was singing ‘Ik Onkar’ for Rahman sir in Rang De Basanti. After that I took part in a reality show called Junoon Kuch Kar Dikhane Ka in 2008. That was the show that got me lot of fame. People started recognizing me by face.

Year 2010 was full of shows; I became a part of Rahman sir’s world tour in America, UK, Dubai, South Africa, and Singapore. Thanks to Rahman sir, I traveled the entire world (laughs). During that phase, when we were performing in London, sir called me to record something for 127 Hours so that was my first Hollywood project (laughs). He called me to sing for Rockstar. I consider that to be the biggest milestone ever! In between, there was Coke Studio which also came as a big surprise!

Composers you’d like to sing for
    I’m a huge fan of Illayraja sir’s music. Also, I’d love to sing for Vishal Bhardwaj.

Upcoming projects
    I’ve sung a couple of songs for Amit Trivedi’s Luv Shuv Tey Chicken Khurana. I am also working on Coke Studio 2. This time around they’ve tweaked the concept. There are different music directors for each episode. So I have one episode with Amit Trivedi and the other with Hitesh Sonik. The essential difference between the two seasons is that Coke Studio 1 didn’t have many rehearsals actually. One day before the shoot, we just did one sound-tech check. This time the rehearsals have begun well in advance, thank god! (Laughs)

http://www.planetradiocity.com/music...=663&title=One is always in awe of Rahman: Harshdeep Kaur&pgno=2

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    A R Rahman - Maa Tujhe Salaam - Russians singer

SOURCE:ARRYG

Post Thanks / Like
    A R RAHMAN BYTE PR COPY

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Friends... The poll for 'Greatest Indian Ever after Mahathma Gandhi'. AR is in the list. Please vote and share it on FB, twitter, blog where ever possible

http://www.historyindia.com/TGI/profile?title=RAHMAN

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anand, I've been away for a week but I count myself lucky as I've updated my self with Rahman Ji's current news thanks to your postings in the last few pages. Thanks

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://soundcloud.com/apoorva-sridhar

Kannada Godfather deepavali song
    Say My Name

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by raghavendran View Post
    http://soundcloud.com/apoorva-sridhar

Kannada Godfather deepavali song
    The lyrics totally spoil the song.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes Ram..narasama irukku
    Say My Name

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ARR is said to be the composer of Dhanush's 'Raanjhnaa' with director Anand L Rai. Dhanush pairs with Sonam Kapoor. This is Dhanush's second project with ARR after 'Mariyaan'.

Source: TOI and ETC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raanjhnaa
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Post Thanks / Like
    looking forward to BB movie/album...lot of movies in the pipeline...
    Say My Name