Post Thanks / Like
    Direcotr Siddique talks about AR Rahman's work in Ramji Rav Speaking

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Upendra's Godfather film audio released by A.R.Rehman

Post Thanks / Like
    AR Rahman at 'Godfather' Audio Release

Hello…channagiddira…were the Kannada words A.R.Rahman Oscar award winning pride of the nation stated before a short and sweet speech at ‘God Father’ Kannada film audio release on Saturday night in Chancellery Hotel in Bengaluru.

In the demand list I find lot of Kannada fans asking me to score music in Kannada and from this film ‘Godfather’ I can sing Kannada song when I go to USA and other places for the concert stated A R Rahman who is still ‘Dilip’ to many of the bigwigs like Dwarakish, Hamsalekha, Ambarish and others who attended the audio release of K Manju Cinemaas.

‘I owe so much to Kannada films because I learnt arranging work from Vijayabhaskerji, Hamsalekhaji and Vijaya Anandji working in Sangeetha and Chamundeswari studios. I thank Hamsalekhaji who has spoken so good about me stated the ‘Mozart of Madras’ the incomparable music director AR Rahman. I am indebted to my fans all over said AR Rahman before leaving the premises of the audio release event.

For the first Kannada film music AR Rahman has composed seven songs. Three songs were performed live in his presence by play back singers Vijayaprakash, Shwetha Mohan and Naresh Iyer.

AR Rahman the living legend tribute was given by Shadows team of Bengaluru was one of the finest performances of the audio release event of ‘Godfather’.

http://www.supergoodmovies.com/45346...e-news-details

Post Thanks / Like
    வரலாறு கன்னட ரீமேக்கிற்கு இசையமைக்க ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மானுக்கு ரூ.1.5 கோடி சம்பளம்

இசைப்புயல் ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மான் கன்னட படம் ஒன்றுக்கு இசையமைக்க ரூ.1.5 கோடி சம்பளம் கொடுக்கிறார்கள் என்று கூறப்படுகிறது.

இயக்குனர் மணிரத்னம் இசை உலகிற்கு அறிமுகப்படுத்திய பொக்கிஷம் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான். அவர் மொழிகளைத் தாண்டி, நாடுகளைத் தாண்டி இசையமைத்து வருகிறார். தனது ஸ்லம்டாக் மில்லியனர் படத்துக்காக 2 ஆஸ்கார் விருதுகள் வாங்கி உலக அரங்கில் இந்தியாவை பெருமைபடச் செய்தவர். இந்நிலையில் ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் காட்பாதர் என்ற கன்னட படத்திற்கு இசையமைத்து வருகிறார்.

அஜீத் குமார் நடித்த வரலாறு படத்தின் கன்னட ரீமேக்கான இந்த படத்திற்கு ரஹ்மானுக்கு ரூ.1.5 கோடி சம்பளம். இது எந்த இசையமைப்பாளரும் இதுவரை வாங்காதது என்று கூறப்படுகிறது. இந்த படத்தில் உபேந்திரா அஜீத் ரோலில் நடிக்கிறார். இந்த படத்தின் இசை வெளியீட்டு விழா கடந்த 31ம் தேதி நடப்பதாக இருந்தது. ஆனால் அன்று பாரத் பந்த் என்பதால் விழா தள்ளி வைக்கப்பட்டது. இந்நிலையில் இசை வெளியீட்டு விழா நேற்று இரவு பெங்களூரில் உள்ள சான்சலரி ஹோட்டலில் நடைபெற்றது. இதில் ரஹ்மான் கலந்து கொண்டு பேசினார்.

இது குறித்து படத்தின் தயாரிப்பாளர் மஞ்சு கூறுகையில்,

சேன்டல் உட் படத்திற்கு ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் இசைமைப்பதில் மிகவும் மகிழ்ச்சி. இந்த படத்தில் 2 பாடல்களுக்கு அவர் புது மெட்டு போட்டுள்ளார். மீதமுள்ள பாடல்களுக்கு தமிழ் பாடல்களில் இருந்து மெட்டெடுத்துக் கொடுத்துள்ளார். தற்போது பின்னணி இசை வேலையில் பிசியாக இருக்கிறார் என்றார்.

ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான் ஏற்கனவே சஜினி என்ற கன்னட படத்திற்கு இசையமைத்துள்ளார். அந்த படத்திற்கு ஜோடி படப் பாடல்களின் இசையை பயன்படுத்தினார் என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

Post Thanks / Like
    AR Rahman does Kannada film for free

The Mozart of Madras, AR Rahman, is known for charging exorbitant amounts for his films. So, it came as a surprise that the Oscar-winning composer charged a very nominal fee — reportedly a crore — for the Kannada film Godfather, a remake of the Tamil hit Varalaaru (for which Rahman had scored the music).

Confirming the news, the producer of the film, K Manju, says, "Rahman did not charge a penny for the film. You can say he did it for free as he didn't charge anything for himself. He charged, approximately a crore, only for the studio, artists, instruments, recording and re-recording of the film."

Quiz Manju about why the composer took a pay cut and he replies, "He didn't compose all the tracks from scratch as they were lifted from the Tamil version. So, the majority of the tracks for the film remain the same. He only composed two new tracks. Also, the length of the Kannada footage is slightly shorter than the Tamil version. The other reason is that this is a goodwill gesture on Rahman's part for the Kannada audience."

Some sources in the industry suggest that Rahman slashed his price because he isn't flooded with offers at present. Manju refutes such conjecture, saying, "Rahman cannot sign projects left, right and centre. He has to keep up his quality work. He spent six months working on the music score for Godfather."

The composer, who was in Bangalore for the audio launch of the film on Saturday, said, "I owe a lot to my fans in Karnataka. I realize I have many fans in this part of the country. I'm indebted to them and it was time to sing back to them."

Rahman also reminisced about his days as a music arranger in Bangalore. "I worked with Kannada composers like Hamsalekha and Vijaya Anand as an arranger and visited the Chamundi studios. So there's lot of history in Bangalore and I'm glad to be back here."

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/13774693.cms

Post Thanks / Like
    A.R. Rahman works free for God Father

http://www.galatta.com/kannada/news/...-father/59408/

Post Thanks / Like
    All Hail And Honor AR Rahman

It was a felicitation to AR Rahman, a tribute to legendary Rahman by Shadows Team, there was full praise for the most humble AR Rahman in the cultural show packed ‘God Father’ audio release on Saturday night in two hours event.

Producer Munirathna Naidu, Ramesh Aravind, Hamsalekha, Dwarakish, Ambarish and Upendra hailed the legendary music director in their words. Hearing all in Kannada AR Rahman finally thanked Hamsalekha for such good words told on him.

Hamsalekha in the starting of his address took liberty in addressing Rahman as ‘Namma Dilip’. Senior maestro Ilayaraja united the south and north film music while Rahman has worked for the Indian and European music in several platforms. The notes in music (6 and 8) he did not like while working with me is not found in most of his scorings in music. Hamsalekha wished many more success to the legendary music director Rahman.

The real God Father of this ‘God Father’ cinema is AR Rahman stated Upendra super star of Kannada cinema. Upendra is in three roles in the film.

After the live performance of songs by Vijayaprakash, Shwetha Mohan, Naresh Iyer (a beauty from this singer on mother song) the dignitaries Ambarish, Sumalatha, Hamsalekha, Upendra, Priyanka, Dr Jayamala, Soundaraya Jayamala, Dwarakish, producer K Manju lyricists Kalyan, Kaviraj, music director V Manohar, Prasad of Ashwini Media Network and others on the dais the melody king AR Rahman released the album of ‘Godfather’.

Noted producers Munirathna Naidu, Dwarakish, Hamsalekha, Ramesh Aravind and Ambarish spoke on this occasion. The tribute to AR Rahman from Shadows Team was well received.

Producer K Manju explained that the genius in film music AR Rahman without asking single paisa agreed to compose for the film.

http://www.supergoodmovies.com/45357...n-news-details

Post Thanks / Like
    Missing my good friend @arrahman we hve a lotta fun when we are together

http://instagr.am/p/LYtTE9Bj8t/

Post Thanks / Like
    Asad Khan Interview with Ar Rahman