Page 157 of 268 FirstFirst ... 57107147155156157158159167207257 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,570 of 2673

Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Senior Member Platinum Hubber ajithfederer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ஏ.ஆர்.ரகுமான், சில வருடங்களுக்கு முன் கொடுத்த பேட்டி ஒன்றில் " எந்தப் படத்தையும் நான் தியேட்டருக்கு சென்று விரும்பி பார்த்ததில்லை. ஆனால் "இணைந்த கைகள்' படத்தை பின்னணி இசைக்காக மட்டும் நான்கு முறை தியேட்டருக்குச் சென்று பார்த்திருக்கிறேன்'' என்று கூறியிருக்கிறார்.

நன்றி: சினிமா எக்ஸ்ப்ரெஸ்

"இணைந்த கைகள்' படத்தின் பின்னணி இசை சேர்க்கும் பணி மட்டும் 40 நாட்கள் நடந்ததாம்.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    IRUVAR - the music

(A post by Venkateswaran Ganesan)

The first images that come to mind when I think of Iruvar are Mani Ratnam, Santosh Sivan, Mohanlal and Prakash Raj. The film is a magnificent epic, possibly the ballsiest tribute to cinema and politics in Tamil Nadu. However, the soundtrack for the film was a complete win. AR Rahman has an absolute ball composing the songs, which are a thrilling joy ride and tribute to Tamil cinema’s music. Nevertheless, what is striking is the breadth of genres he has integrated in one album, from Carnatic and light music to jazz. You cannot separate the film from the music and this is more so the case with the monologs, Udal Mannukku, UnnOdu naan irundha (the tambura in the background from 1:48 almost suggesting to us that the love making is sacred) and en arun thOzhanE, which are inseparable from the background score, the language and music haunting us long after we are done watching the film. The re-recording for the film is a huge triumph in itself, adding a lot of sheen to it. The songs nonetheless, as I said, are a class apart and this has to rank among Rahman’s underrated efforts, considering the acclaim his works get across the globe.

Download this gallery (ZIP, null KB)Download full size (1828 KB)

The film starts with Narumugaiye, a fascinating peek into the Carnatic by lanes and Rahman’s brain. The hero, a mystic warrior from the old world, starts the song in NAttai. His lady, on cue, begins her part in Gambeera NAttai, possibly goading her man who is a majestic warrior (?) Genius touch! There are strains of Maand and the song, like an illicit lover, does not remain faithful to one raga. This however adds to the romance in the song, which is ethereal.

Hello Mr. Edhirkatchi is a lovely jazz picturized on the archetypical vamp. It is an ode to the typically delightful Viswanathan-Ramamurthy jazz. The piano in the prelude is inspired from Memphis Stomp but the tune is pleasingly ARR. Harini’s vocals glide along the instrumentation seamlessly. And what is it about an entire interlude as a slow rap (?) in chaste Tamil? Madness at midnight in Panchathan Record Inn and Rahman at his wacky best.

Pookodiyin Punnagai is a beautiful tribute to the old world charm in Tamil music. Rendered by Sandhya, P Suseela’s niece, whose voice is a spitting copy of PS, this song assures me that Rahman would have held his own irrespective of the era and that class is not defined by the period but just by class. Minimal yet gorgeous orchestration and emphasis on the lilting tune and lyrics c ould make anyone listening to it for the first time to mistake it for a re-mastered old song.

TMS was famous for imitating the voice of the heroes for whom he sung. Rahman makes Mano admirably imitate TMS imitating MGR in Aayirathil Naan Oruvan, a song inspired in picturization by this absolutely cracking song tuned by MSV. Yes, ARR would have been at home with MGR too! Both songs inspire pure optimism and Aayirathil Naan Oruvan is one of those songs whose appeal is multiplied by fantastic pizturization. Showmanship from Rahman, Mani, Lal and Sivan at its zenith.

Vennila Vennila is another ode to the characteristically seductive and quirky songs of LR Easwari. The extensive use of trumpets adds to the intoxication, which is the word that comes closest to describing the song. The voice of Asha Bhosle adds to the mood, her middling way of pronouncing Tamil being a sore point, which also adds to the enigma in a way.

Kannai Katti KoLLAdhE is my personal favorite. This song is the definition of goosebumps for me, every time I see it. A clear reference to a popular MGR movie, the song signifies revolution, experimentation and brings forth an exhilarating end product. A brilliant jazz as an allusion to the old cinema inspirational songs could not have been thought about by any other composer. What do I praise here? Hariharan’s podi sangathis at Chittu KuruvigaL en Pakkam, or the electric guitar from the second interlude onwards into the charanam which is electrifying? And may I make another mention about the genius of Mani, Sivan and Lal in this song? I must. Thank you. The lyrics fit in with MGR’s image while the tune ironically breaks every rule about a hero-image-Tamil-song and rebels like the Hero typically does. And when Rahman sings Viduthalai along with the chorus, it is freedom from stereotypes, clichés and a clarion call into the world of Rahman.

Rahman in Iruvar reminds me of the two extremes of romanticism and classicism. It is a marvel he finds a mid-path between the twain and makes them meet. Take a bow Rahman!

http://rahmania.posterous.com/iruvar-the-music

-arryg

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Roshan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow ! Very nice write up ! He is just spot on !!

Thanks Anand for posting it here. Iruvar album is a master piece and an only AR possible album.

Post Thanks / Like
    People don't recognise me much in LA: Rahman

Busy that he is, AR Rahman sure knows how to balance work and family life. He's working on the film Monkeys of Bollywood, and his People Like Us soundtrack releases in June.

Apart from this, he's working on three Tamil projects (with Mani Ratnam, Bharat Bala and Rajinikanth), Yashraj's SRK-Katrina film and has just received an honorary doctorate from Miami University. Yet, when it came to spending time with his kids, papa Rahman wasn't found wanting for time.

The music maestro took time out to take them to Universal Studios on Sunday, and later that night, to chat with NT. Speaking to us from Los Angeles, Rahman said, "The kids had holidays, so there are here in LA. Plus, I had the doctorate and there were a few sessions for Monkeys of Bollywood too, so it all worked out." But, instead of taking them to Disneyland, where most kids want to go, Rahman took them to the studios! "My kids are very happy that I took them there," he said. But how does the Rahman family handle all the attention in public? "My kids are pretty cool," he said. "They know when to hide... they've been trained pretty well. When I am with my family, people tend to give me privacy. They don't ask for photographs or autographs." Though AR claims that he doesn't get recognised much in LA, on Sunday, when he went out, a West African family spotted him - it turned out they were his fans. "They were around 12 people. It was very interesting meeting and speaking to them."
    But there's another musical project that Rahman his working on - the script of his own film. He says, "The movie under my own banner is going to take a while. It needs a lot of music implementation and it will be different, but also very exciting. It could take six months or even a year. Sometimes these things take time. They have to come together at the right moment."
    There's no dearth of news in his life though. Just a few days ago, pop diva Madonna was quoted as saying that she was keen on working with the Madras magician. But quiz Rahman about it, and all he says is: "It all happened last night when someone sent me that story. It's still Sunday here, so I don't know much about it. I just posted it on Twitter. There's nothing else on it yet."
    So how does he balance life spanning across two continents? "I think you learn to manage things when you're that driven. In Chennai, I have my friends, my family and my producers, who are all waiting for their songs. When I am in LA, I work with them on video. So, it all works out." For geniuses, it always does!

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/13389722.cms

Post Thanks / Like
    Future Generali insures A R Rahman live concert for Rs 4 crore

MUMBAI: Future Generali India Insurance has insured the A R Rahman live concert in Mumbai at D. Y. Patil stadium, Navi Mumbai on May 26 for Rs 4 crore.

The event insurance policy will cover the event against the various contingencies such as fire and allied perils, personal accident cover for crew and audience. Premium on such events range between 0.20-0.50% of the sum assured.

Future Generali has been insuring such entertainment events. We look forward to partnering with many more such events. It had insured Kaun Banega Crorepati, Lalbaugcha Raja during Ganeshotsav and movies like Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara.

K.G. Krishnamoorthy Rao, MD & CEO, Future Generali India Insurance said that the premium for such concerts depend on who is doing the concert. "The average cover for such events is Rs 50 lakh to Rs 5 crore. The policy covers the event against calamity such as fire, personal accident."

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/13408968.cms

Post Thanks / Like
    Anytime, Madonnaji : AR Rahman

Pop diva Madonna may be on the wishlist of almost every musician, but the songstress has her eyes set on Indian music composer AR Rahman. The singer apparently expressed her wish to work with Oscar-winner in an international interview.

There’s also buzz that it’s not the first time that the singer has admitted to her desire of working with Rahman and the singer on her earlier visit to the country had also apparently spoken about wanting to collaborate with him.

On learning of this, AR Rahman took to the microblogging site Twitter to post a message to Madonna. “Anytime… You are welcome, Madonna ji…,” tweeted Rahman. The musician also posted the link of the online site that said: “According to her Madgesty, it would be a dream come true if she could get in the studio with Oscar-winning singer-composer AR Rahman! Madge explains: ‘I would like to work with him when the opportunity comes, and things work out. Only then we will be able to decide on the music. I haven't heard a lot of Indian music, but I’mfamiliar with it’.”

While Rahman is known to have collaborated with several international names including Michael Bolton and Mick Jagger, Madonna’s strong attraction towards Indian influences is also well-known. In fact, when asked about visiting the country again, in an earlier interview with DNA, Madonna had said, “Oh yes, I would love to come to India. I’msure if I come to perform sometime it’s going to be a great experience.”

http://www.dnaindia.com/entertainmen...rahman_1692562

Junior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to Mumbai Rahman jiiii

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    It seems Sachin tendulkar attended the concert in Mumbai and also sang a few lines of rehna tu on stage.

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of my friends called me and said that the entire show was great...But the acoustics were rank bad and it was too loud it seems. He also added that Kadhal Rojave in rock style didn't gel well. khwaja and kun faya kun and naadan parindey were great...these were initial reactions..had to call him tomorrow for further details...

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    ivlo concert panniyaachu... evlo professional involve aagaraanga...
    innamum accoustics sariyilla, effect sari illanaa enna arttham... idhulaam sari pannanum modhalla...
    Sach is Life..