Post Thanks / Like
    no, he has better things to do.
    Sach is Life..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by VENKIRAJA View Post
    Don't know where else to ask.. Is the Simbu-ARR coming together for Sony's Love Anthem true? Or is it a rumour?!
    Something which didn't happen even in VTV
    neenga sollithaan intha vishayamey theriyum. Kanavu ethaavathu kandeengla?

Anyway, antha love anthem thaan release panniyaache? innum enna panna poraanga.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    that love anthem is just a promo right...
    venki, where did u read about this... pls file the sources here...

but there is very less chances that ARR is part of this...
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Diamond Hubber A.ANAND's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    "Madhushree back with Rahman on a romantic note"

Playback singer Madhushree, who, interestingly, has the word honey, not only in her name but also in her voice, is back once again with her favourite composer and idol, A. R. Rahman. Interestingly, her song 'Sharminda Hoon' from Gautham Menon's recent released film, EKK DEEWANA THA, is her first full-fledged duet with the legendary composer. The petite singer talks about her icon, her experience of working with him and about item songs, promising that she will be seen and heard much more in the coming months.

Excerpts from an interview with the honey-coated voice...

MADHUSHREE with A. R. RAHMAN

How was the experience of working with A. R. Rahman again for EKK DEEWANA THA?
    It was as magical as it has always been. As I have repeatedly said, Rahman is 'the music director' who guided me in this industry. I continue to be fascinated by his compositions and his style of working. EKK DEEWANA THA is a romantic film. And Rahman's music in this one oozes romance with every note.

CHECK OUT: Two endings for EKK DEEWANA THA

Do you regret not being able to sing for him for some years now?
    Ever since he won the Oscar, he has become so busy with international assignments that he hardly stays in India. But I'm happy that if he is working on a film in India, he does call me whenever possible. I feel honored that he has such faith in my singing. My journey with him started in 2002 and it is still going on. I missed only 2011, where I sang for him but it has not released yet.

What do you think of the song, 'Sharminda Hoon' that you have sung with Rahman in the film?
    It is a romantic song to its core. It has such a sweet melody. And the subtle variations in the orchestration, the arrangement make it a song that touches your heart. The effect is sheer magic which only a legend like Rahman could conjure up. And the lyrics by Javed Saab take it to a different level altogether and make it unforgettable. It is a song which is complete in all its aspects. I just hope we get to sing such songs as often as possible. And yes, 'Sharminda Hoon' is also my first, full-fledged duet with Rahman.

We hear that the lyrics have been written to fit into the already composed tunes. Was that difficult?
    As you must be aware, EKK DEEWANA THA was orginally made in Tamil and then in Telugu by director Gautham Menon. Both the versions were super hits. And Rahman had composed of them. Now, Hindi lyrics had to be fitted into those compositions which was little difficult. But Javed saab has done it so beautifully that it is impossible to realize that the words have been written around the tune. We had a little problem fitting the first word, Sharminda. But then both Rahman and Javed saab managed to solve the problem and it sounds beautiful. Incidentally, Javed saab also told me that this word 'Sharminda' has probably never been used in the very beginning of a song so far!

Isn't it ironical that while you all have worked so hard on the lyrics, it is the item numbers that have become the real rage in Hindi films? As a singer trained in traditional classical music, what do you think of this trend?
    As other styles of songs, item songs are also part of a movie. It's now the race for item songs as previously was for romantic songs. I have nothing against item songs. Every situation demands a different type of song. Earlier, we had Lataji (Mangeshkar) singing only for the heroines, who would never do a cabaret. Those roles were reserved for actors like Helen or Bindu. And their songs were reserved for other singers. Now, even the topmost stars do not hesitate to do such songs. So people have to move with the times. These are times when foot-tapping songs are loved by the people. There's nothing wrong with that. I have also sung a number of item songs for film from the south.

Which Hindi film has been your most satisfying as a singer so far?
    As a singer, I am never really satisfied. After every song I sing, I feel I should do something better. I would love to sing as many different types of compositions as possible.

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/inter...iew-021211.asp

Post Thanks / Like
    some rare interview and audio lunch by thalaivar

Post Thanks / Like
    Flute Naveen Kumar shares his musical life, and how he met AR Rahman

Post Thanks / Like
    A.R. Rahman - "Oscar Sangamam" | The 84th Academy Awards

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Administrator Platinum Hubber NOV's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Never argue with a fool or he will drag you down to his level and beat you at it through sheer experience!

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by A.ANAND; 1st March 2012 at 08:42 PM.