Page 133 of 268 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 2673

Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KV View Post
    I'd love to hear Piya Ho from Water performed live. One beauty of a song, but not often spoken about.
    No one else from here attended this show? oru utchaagamE illaye? kammaan baays!
    Here you go

One word, ELECTRIFYING!!!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Devoted Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Classic Incantations Concert detailed review

http://www.backgroundscore.com/2012/...rt-review.html

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear Suresh Ji,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience along with the respective audio links. I highly appreciate your effort.

Even though I thoroughly enjoyed all suites, it was the initial plucks of the “Warriors of Heaven and Earth” suite that completely moved me to the extreme end of an emotional spectrum. Wow, what an introduction? If the beginning is this superb, then the whole experience is highly likely to dumbfound everyone. Other pieces that deserve a special mention are the “Passage” suite, which is very mystical – congratulations to Kavita and the rest of the KMMC choir and “Cry of a Rose” suite – I wonder why they chose to name the “Roja” suite this but after reading your description about the person beside you, I sort of come to a conclusion, an obvious one being Madhoo's character longing for Arvind Swamy in the film but in addition I like to add that Rahman Ji views his dear fans as a rose (a symbol of friendship and love) and the flute version of “Kadhal Rojave” has certainly swept us to tears. Rahman Ji once said, when composing an emotional track you have to acquire the correct feeling (sounds clichéd) but I wouldn’t be surprised if he himself cried whilst composing this number. You can probably guess my taste in music favours soft instrumentals and choral music in the long term.

From the “Tribute” suite, without a doubt, “Malarnthum Malaratha” and “Senthoora Poove” equally soar above the rest. It’s almost as if Rahman Ji went through my mind and knew I wanted to be gifted with these evergreen presents. Hearing these in WCM is really a dream come true as through “Malarnthum Malaratha” we can hear the Raga Abheri in an orchestral fashion, furthermore, the three most heard and favourite tracks for me by Raaja Saab are “Chinna Kannan Azhaikkiran”, “Senthoora Poove” and “Nee Partha” and for me to hear “Senthoora Poove” in WCM is seriously an answered wish. I’m really interested in the song by Rahman Ji’s much respected father R.K. Shekhar, I would really like to hear the original.

I sit here writing this, trying to contain myself as I’m emotionally lost in all these cues. I would so love to be in India visiting one of these spectacular events right now but thanks to you and others who have shared reviews, videos, audios, images etc. I feel I have lived 50% of this experience. This is a great treat for us Rahman Ji devotees who couldn’t attend in person.

I was surprised in a pleasant way when “Aayo Re Sakhi” from “Water” was chosen to be played at the end but I recall Rahman Ji once saying he has worked the hardest for “Water” than any other album of his. As far as I remember, I’ve heard him he raving about three albums in particular: “Roja”, this was when he was asked what’s his favourite piece of work? “Kadhalar Dhinam, an album he rates 10/10. And recently he has been all praise for “Rockstar”. “Aayo Re Sakhi” is certainly an underdog composition that’s unpredictably arrived in the climax of the event. Rahman Ji might of wanted to use this track as an ode to God.

I said this before to Wizzy who shared his experience, I can only dream of you felt in the actual auditorium.

If this doesn’t define him as the “Mozart of Madras” nothing will!

Thank you!
    Last edited by Sunil_M88; 29th January 2012 at 05:34 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    A German ode to AR Rahman

Germany, the breeding ground of some of the path-breaking musicians of the world including Bach, Beethoven, Mozart and Karlheinz Stockhausen seems to be gradually shifting its focus towards the Indian tunes.

How else would you explain this tribute to composer AR Rahman by the renowned German Film Orchestra Babelsberg? The orchestra founded in 1918 has over 3,000 scores to its credit including Metropolis in 1924 to Anonymous in 2011. Now they are all set to bring the city down with Classical Incantations - The German Film Orchestra Babelsberg performs AR Rahman, a new chapter in the history of musical collaboration. As a part of the tribute, the orchestra is on a five-city tour culminating with the grand finale in namma Bangalore today.

An excited Klaus Peter-Beyer, director of the orchestra says, "When I visited India for the first time last year, I took home the recording of our first rehearsal. It had a few selected pieces of AR Rahman's music. For the first time, all my senses felt was symbiotically connected with music. Rahman not just writes the sound track for films, but composes for the entire country and that's the reason for his music to be described as the most melodic and soulful piece of art in the country."

So what can the audience expect to listen to at the concert? "There will be over a hundred members of the German film Orchestra, choir members from Rahman's conservatory, renowned soloists along with conductor Matt Dunkley; and the lineup will include the classic scores of Rahman from Roja, Bombay, Swades and Endhiran. The concerts at Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata and Chennai were interesting and we hope the same with Bangalore as the performance here will mark the grand finale of our tour. After the tour, we are bringing out the album; Classical Incantations - the German Film Orchestra Babelsberg performs AR Rahman."

Are Germans well-versed with the music of the Mozart of Madras? "Though Indian music is not very popular back home, many youngsters love Rahman and associate him with the Bombay theme, which is extremely famous there. There is a huge circle of Rahman fans in Germany and Slumdog Millionaire has only made it bigger. So what's Rahman's opinion on the tribute? "I cannot speak on behalf of him; you will have to ask him about that," says Klaus.

Speaking about the future plans of the orchestra, Klaus adds, "After the tour, we will celebrate the centenary of the Babelsberg Studio by going on a world tour. But as of now, we are extremely excited about performing in India though I am still discovering Indian music. One trait which touched me in India is people always smile back at you. Sometimes they smile at you first. I would like to take that back home to Germany."

source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/e...w/11663815.cms

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awards list updated..
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Jeeva just tweeted that Ilayaraj is the Music Director for Neethane En Ponvasantham!

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Beethoven listens as Patdeep flows in - The Hindu review of CI.

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't finished Tribute 3 to the CI event, it's still stuck somewhere in the pipeline. In the mean time you can enjoy my mix to Pudhu Vellai Mazhai.

Post Thanks / Like
    A.R. Rahman Babelsberg Classic Incantations Orchestra Tribute - 3

Here is my third installment for the Classic Incantations Tribute. Trilogy Completed

I do not own rights to the respective pieces.

Orchestral themes are taken from Thiruda Thiruda, Minsara Kanavu, Jodhaa Akbar, Bombay, Taal, Enthiran, Raavan, Kabhi Na Kabhi, Roja and Lord of the Rings (musical).

Senior Member Diamond Hubber sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I hope ppl here have seen this video! Amazing man!

Vishwaroopam is a 220+ Crores Record breaking Blockbuster!
    https://twitter.com/KamalHaasanFans

Uttama Villain Reviews Collection - http://goo.gl/MSBVxv