Page 124 of 268 FirstFirst ... 2474114122123124125126134174224 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,240 of 2673

Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber R.Latha's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    AR Rahman Live in Concert in Dubai barely managed to strike a chord with thousands of his fans who had gathered to watch the music maestro in action Friday night at the Dubai International Cricket Stadium.

http://www.emirates247.com/entertain...12-10-1.432039

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Sunil_M88's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    A friend in ARRYG posted a topic,

Is AR Rahman the greatest musical composer the world has ever witnessed?

I am sharing my response below

Not only is he the greatest composer alive but also a great human being who I really look up to as I do to my parents. Rahman ji is one of the biggest reasons why I'm happy everyday because he's had a big hand in changing my attitude towards life to that of a carefree Sufi who appreciates all the little things in life. He has also sedimented my love for my family, friends and most importantly for humanity. This influence itself proves his greatness. So in that sense he is the greatest composer simply because no other composer has shaped my approach to life as much as him.

There are a lot of biased A.R. Rahman fans out there who don't appreciate the work of others. I personally am a fan of good music first and then a Rahmaniac and this too is due to his influence. Each to their own but I try and expand my listening horizons of music everyday as I make beats occasionally. I took up experimenting with music due to getting influenced by my bro as well as being inspired by Rahman ji. It is vital for me to listen to a range of music genres to get inspired. There are genres that Rahman ji hasn't attempted whereas other Indian composers have so in these terms it would be unfair to give him all the credit alone. Rahman ji has left behind so many composers but he always iterates he still is a learner and has far to go. (Modesty and humbleness personified )

The average listener would say a good song is one with meaningful lyrics, soul stirring melody and superb arrangements. With due respect all these factors are conventional ones and certain good songs get lost with time. Compared to other composers how many of Rahman ji's songs have got lost with time? Well, even the non-rahmaniacs could pull out more than a dozen of his compositions that they freshly remember till this day. So considering I said, I'm a fan of good music, it is definitely Rahman ji who provides good music more often than not. And why is he a cut above the rest is because he gives importance to as well as delivering the best of sound quality. This is done in a completely different league to the others in the scene. So it's not all about delivering good songs, it is equally vital that the song possesses a matching quality.

Rahman ji broke the pattern mould in Indian songs. He may not have attempted certain genres that his contemporaries have delivered but he is more versatile because other composers attempt new genres only to the repeat those genres over and over again later on. Rahman ji hardly repeats genres that he has experimented with and he has covered more genres than all of the Indian film music directors give or take a few.

I read one comment a while ago Rahman ji has not delivered a classic BGM and the person went ahead and gave a few examples for comparisons. I'm a big fan of John Williams and would like to stress how I fail to understand how his Memoirs of a Geisha lost to the score of Brokeback Mountain in the Oscars but with due respect to Hollywood composers, I don't see why we are complaining about Rahman ji not be on par with them in terms of BGM. Isn't this child talk since Rahman ji is our Indian icon and we should't want him to be something he is not. Considering this he nevertheless takes up the challenge to satisfy his critics. So yes he attempts western classical music and excels like anything. eg. bgm of the legend of bhagat singh, laagan, zubieda, bose and the end credits of enthiran. All these are classics in their own space and put some hollywood material to shame. So instead of asking when is Rahman ji going to compose a memorable bgm I will argue and ask when is James howard, hanz zimmer or john williams going to compose a song like Mel isaiye, Porakalam enge, kannanule and I could go for ages with this list.

Critics should not judge brilliance by Western standards plus nowadays critics are just looking for any excuse to have a go at him because they handle the fact over how much he has achieved and how he's made a crossover and now they argue that he doesn't have time for his country, so I really don't understand these dumb people who keep contradicting themselves.

So for me personally versatility defines greatness and above all personality and there's no denying in the fact that no other composer who match Rahman ji's personality.

Sunil
    Last edited by Sunil_M88; 12th December 2011 at 06:23 PM. Reason: additions

Senior Member Diamond Hubber ajaybaskar's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vijay's Yohan will be made like an international film: Gautham Menon

Eros International Media Ltd (EIML), a leading global company in the Indian film entertainment industry, has announced a co-production deal with Photon Kathaas Productions (PKP) for forthcoming Tamil movie Yohan Adhyayam Ondru (John: Chapter 1) starring Vijay. Produced in association with Future Film Production Ltd (UK Production), the film will be directed by Gautham Menon with music by AR Rahman and is expected to commence production from Q2 2012.

Mr Gautham Vasudev Menon says, “I am really looking forward to filming an all-out action film after Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu. Also interesting because I will be working with Vijay for the first time. Yohan will be made like an international film while still retaining all the elements, especially music, that makes Indian cinema work. AR Rahman has already composed a theme song for the film which is simply outstanding. PKP (of which I am a part of) and I have found the ideal partners in Eros for a film on this scale, which needs to be produced and released on an international scale.”

Yohan is the first of its kind (in South India) action thriller centering around a character that will be featured in a series of films (prequels and sequels). The film will be shot in international locations, predominantly in the United Kingdom with the active support of UK government. The UK has a very favourable policy towards encouraging foreign filmmakers to shoot their films in the UK.
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    Vijay's Yohan will be made like an international film: Gautham Menon

Eros International Media Ltd (EIML), a leading global company in the Indian film entertainment industry, has announced a co-production deal with Photon Kathaas Productions (PKP) for forthcoming Tamil movie Yohan Adhyayam Ondru (John: Chapter 1) starring Vijay. Produced in association with Future Film Production Ltd (UK Production), the film will be directed by Gautham Menon with music by AR Rahman and is expected to commence production from Q2 2012.

Mr Gautham Vasudev Menon says, “I am really looking forward to filming an all-out action film after Vettaiyadu Villaiyadu. Also interesting because I will be working with Vijay for the first time. Yohan will be made like an international film while still retaining all the elements, especially music, that makes Indian cinema work.AR Rahman has already composed a theme song for the film which is simply outstanding.
    PKP (of which I am a part of) and I have found the ideal partners in Eros for a film on this scale, which needs to be produced and released on an international scale.”

Yohan is the first of its kind (in South India) action thriller centering around a character that will be featured in a series of films (prequels and sequels). The film will be shot in international locations, predominantly in the United Kingdom with the active support of UK government. The UK has a very favourable policy towards encouraging foreign filmmakers to shoot their films in the UK.

wow....eventhough its still very early....but this statement by gautham menon is very exciting....and i cant wait anymore....hope time passes by quickly......and if this is an action thriller made by one of the very finest filmmaker in india and also personally one of my favourites...imagine how the BGM for this movie will be.....im sure both a.r rahman and gautham menon will rock again through this movie after vtv...although this is a different genre....

Post Thanks / Like
    I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.

- Bernard Shaw

Member Junior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ajaybaskar View Post
    The Man......The Music......The Magic.....!!!

its me M.r Ajay...your facebook friend....Kumareswaran Thiruchelvam...have a nice day...

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh.. Ok..

- Bernard Shaw

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber Parthyy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hindi vtv song releases around christmas
    amy jackson in twitter.com\i_am_amyjackson

Post Thanks / Like
    "Looking Forward To Composing For SRK Again" - A. R. Rahman EXCLUSIVE

Post Thanks / Like
    'I Wanted The World To See Who She Is' - A R Rahman on his Mother