Page 256 of 268 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 2673

Thread: Oscar Thamizhan 'Isaipuyal' AR Rahman News/Updates

Junior Member Regular Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    இசை பற்றிய ஆழ்ந்த புரிதல்....

Anand, are you sure this is the right thread? Looks like another person who belongs to the "Raja is God" family. There have been better attempts at convincing others to think that way too.

"The question should be a great honor for Rahman but an absolute insult to Ilaiyaraja. That has nothing to do with Rahman."

"Rahman is great. Like i said he is the king of Pop. But raja is well and truly beyond all that."

sollittarupa. inimel yaaraavadhu MJ is king of popnnu sonneenga, avvalavudhaan Opena Rajadhan ellamnu sollittu pogavendiyathu thane. Adhu enna "Rahman is great but Raja is better"nu oru kokki. Anyway, this is just another opinion. Everyone has one.

2. Likes A.ANAND liked this post
  3. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Post Thanks / Like
    "Of the 5000 odd songs there would not be any single song which has no concept, technical brilliance, raga base or something or the other which would engage a careful listener. "

"Maamiyaar Veedu"nnu oru padam. Andha padathila oru paadal paravaa illai. mathathila ellam enna technical brilliance, concept irukkuthunnu yaaraavathu vilakkunga please. ithu maathiri niraya irukku.

Of course, I am not referring to these songs to dispute Ilaiyaraaja's brilliance. These are not going to diminish his greatness one bit. He is a genius and there is no question about that. But to say that all his songs are great is just childish, fan-boy talk.

In fact, Rahman's greatness lies in the fact that he entered the industry at a time when it was dominated by the genius of Ilaiyaraaja and was still able to make a name for himself.

Another thing that irks me is the fact that these fan-boys continue to talk as if they are more matured, discerning listeners feasting on "kalyaana saappadu" while us Rahman fans are just children who are satisfied with fast food. We all know what we want and what we like. There is no need for any one to tell us what we should like.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber venkkiram's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by thozhar View Post
    "Of the 5000 odd songs there would not be any single song which has no concept, technical brilliance, raga base or something or the other which would engage a careful listener. "

"Maamiyaar Veedu"nnu oru padam. Andha padathila oru paadal paravaa illai. mathathila ellam enna technical brilliance, concept irukkuthunnu yaaraavathu vilakkunga please. ithu maathiri niraya irukku.

Of course, I am not referring to these songs to dispute Ilaiyaraaja's brilliance. These are not going to diminish his greatness one bit. He is a genius and there is no question about that. But to say that all his songs are great is just childish, fan-boy talk.

In fact, Rahman's greatness lies in the fact that he entered the industry at a time when it was dominated by the genius of Ilaiyaraaja and was still able to make a name for himself.

Another thing that irks me is the fact that these fan-boys continue to talk as if they are more matured, discerning listeners feasting on "kalyaana saappadu" while us Rahman fans are just children who are satisfied with fast food. We all know what we want and what we like. There is no need for any one to tell us what we should like.

மாமியார் வீடு படத்தில்.. மேலோட்டமாகவே பார்த்தாலும்..

1) தெரியாமல் மாட்டிக்கொண்ட கணவர்களே - இந்தப் பாடல் அமைப்பே அவர்தான் இசை ஞானி என பறைசாற்றுமே.. தீவிர கர்நாடக இசையில் கணவன்-மனைவி குடும்ப விஷயங்களை பகடி செய்யும் விதமாக... டைரக்டர் இதற்கான சூழ்நிலையை விவரித்தால் மற்ற எந்த இசை அமைப்பாளரும் இதுபோல ஒரு மெட்டை யோசிக்கவே முடியாது.. அதுதான் ராகதேவன்.. 5000 பாடல்களில் இதுபோன்ற யாருமே எதிர்பாராத வகையில் ஒரு பாடல் திட்டமைப்பு ஒரு நூறு இருநூறு பாடல்களில் வடித்திருப்பார்.. இதெல்லாம் வேறு யாருமே நுழைய முடியா இசைத் தீவில் ராஜாவின் தனி ராஜாங்கம்... (ஆரம்ப இசை மட்டுமே போதும்.. )

2) என்னைத் தொடர்ந்து : யேசுதாஸ் - ஜானகி இணையில் டாப் கிளாஸ் மெலடி..

3) நல்ல சம்சாரம் வாய்த்ததற்கு: பாலு - ஜானகி இணையில் இனிமையான குழைவு தரும் காதல் பாடல்.. தபேலா, புல்லாக்குழல், வயலின் போன்ற அடிப்படை வாத்தியக் கருவிகளைக் கொண்டெ படைக்கப்பட்ட நூற்றுக்கணக்கான டூயட்களில் இதுவும் ஒன்று.. கேட்டவுடனே மனதில் ஒட்டிக்கொள்ளும்.. ரெண்டு முறை கேட்டீர்கள் என்றால் மெட்டு முழுவதையும் ஹம் செய்யமுடியும். அவ்வளவு எளிதான ஒன்றாக அதே நேரத்தில் இயற்கை உணவு போல.

4) ஒரு ஜான் வயற்றுக்கு - ம.வாசுதேவன் குரலில் எழுச்சிப் பாடல்... நூற்றுக்கணக்கான பாடல்கள் இதுபோன்ற ஒரு டெம்ப்ளேட் சூழ்நிலைக்கு அவர் மேட்டமைத்திருந்தாலும், ஒவ்வொன்றும் திரைப்படத்திற்கு பொருந்தி வரும்..

கட்டுரை எழுதியர் சொல்ல வந்ததன் சாராம்சம் என்னவென்றால்.. ராஜாவின் இசையாக்கங்கள் ஒவ்வொன்றும் ஒரு பெருங்காவியத்தின் பக்கங்கள். ஒரு கீதையை, ஒரு குரானை, ஒரு பைபிளை, ஒரு கம்பராமாயணத்தை, ஒரு திருக்குறளை எப்படி எந்த பக்கத்தை புரட்டியும் அதனுள் பொதிந்துகிடக்கும் விசாலமான கருத்துக் களஞ்சியத்தில் மூழ்கி முத்தெடுப்பது போல... அவரவர் புரிதலின் எல்லையைக் கொண்டு பயணத்தின் தூரம் வேறுபடும்..

இந்த 2014-ல் இப்படம் வெளிவந்திருந்தால்.. எனது 2014 ஆகச்சிறந்த பத்தில் மேற்குறிப்பிட்ட முதல் மூன்று பாடல்கள் இடம்பெறும்..
    சொல்லிச் சொல்லி ஆறாது சொன்னா துயர் தீராது...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by venkkiram View Post
    மாமியார் வீடு படத்தில்.. மேலோட்டமாகவே பார்த்தாலும்..

1) தெரியாமல் மாட்டிக்கொண்ட கணவர்களே - இந்தப் பாடல் அமைப்பே அவர்தான் இசை ஞானி என பறைசாற்றுமே.. தீவிர கர்நாடக இசையில் கணவன்-மனைவி குடும்ப விஷயங்களை பகடி செய்யும் விதமாக... டைரக்டர் இதற்கான சூழ்நிலையை விவரித்தால் மற்ற எந்த இசை அமைப்பாளரும் இதுபோல ஒரு மெட்டை யோசிக்கவே முடியாது.. அதுதான் ராகதேவன்.. 5000 பாடல்களில் இதுபோன்ற யாருமே எதிர்பாராத வகையில் ஒரு பாடல் திட்டமைப்பு ஒரு நூறு இருநூறு பாடல்களில் வடித்திருப்பார்.. இதெல்லாம் வேறு யாருமே நுழைய முடியா இசைத் தீவில் ராஜாவின் தனி ராஜாங்கம்... (ஆரம்ப இசை மட்டுமே போதும்.. )

2) என்னைத் தொடர்ந்து : யேசுதாஸ் - ஜானகி இணையில் டாப் கிளாஸ் மெலடி..

3) நல்ல சம்சாரம் வாய்த்ததற்கு: பாலு - ஜானகி இணையில் இனிமையான குழைவு தரும் காதல் பாடல்.. தபேலா, புல்லாக்குழல், வயலின் போன்ற அடிப்படை வாத்தியக் கருவிகளைக் கொண்டெ படைக்கப்பட்ட நூற்றுக்கணக்கான டூயட்களில் இதுவும் ஒன்று.. கேட்டவுடனே மனதில் ஒட்டிக்கொள்ளும்.. ரெண்டு முறை கேட்டீர்கள் என்றால் மெட்டு முழுவதையும் ஹம் செய்யமுடியும். அவ்வளவு எளிதான ஒன்றாக அதே நேரத்தில் இயற்கை உணவு போல.

4) ஒரு ஜான் வயற்றுக்கு - ம.வாசுதேவன் குரலில் எழுச்சிப் பாடல்... நூற்றுக்கணக்கான பாடல்கள் இதுபோன்ற ஒரு டெம்ப்ளேட் சூழ்நிலைக்கு அவர் மேட்டமைத்திருந்தாலும், ஒவ்வொன்றும் திரைப்படத்திற்கு பொருந்தி வரும்..

கட்டுரை எழுதியர் சொல்ல வந்ததன் சாராம்சம் என்னவென்றால்.. ராஜாவின் இசையாக்கங்கள் ஒவ்வொன்றும் ஒரு பெருங்காவியத்தின் பக்கங்கள். ஒரு கீதையை, ஒரு குரானை, ஒரு பைபிளை, ஒரு கம்பராமாயணத்தை, ஒரு திருக்குறளை எப்படி எந்த பக்கத்தை புரட்டியும் அதனுள் பொதிந்துகிடக்கும் விசாலமான கருத்துக் களஞ்சியத்தில் மூழ்கி முத்தெடுப்பது போல... அவரவர் புரிதலின் எல்லையைக் கொண்டு பயணத்தின் தூரம் வேறுபடும்..

இந்த 2014-ல் இப்படம் வெளிவந்திருந்தால்.. எனது 2014 ஆகச்சிறந்த பத்தில் மேற்குறிப்பிட்ட முதல் மூன்று பாடல்கள் இடம்பெறும்..
    Again, this is where tastes differ. I personally don't find anything great in these songs but you do and good for you. But to expect everyone to accept greatness is what I call childish.

You conveniently left technical details in your reply and simply express your opinions - "no one else could have thought of this tune for this situation" and "it fits the situation", etc. You could say the same for any song composed by anyone (of course, provided it was original). What was technically so great about the songs?

If the author had said that most of Raja's songs had a concept and technical brilliance, then it is understandable. Again, not everyone would accept it but that's fine. But to say that every song is great is just fan-boy talk.

Great that you find divinity in his music. Perhaps it would not be too hard to understand that not everyone finds it that way? And if that would mean that I am a lesser mortal than you, so be it. Enjoy your superior status
    Last edited by thozhar; 16th December 2014 at 07:44 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    And what is this "ஆழ்ந்த புரிதல்" nonsense? I have seen some fans go overboard with this one. Again, this is just them exhibiting their arrogance by announcing to the world that they have somehow transcended the level of ordinary mortals. Music is created for enjoyment/entertainment. Why complicate that?

8. Likes A.ANAND liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    And what is this "ஆழ்ந்த புரிதல்" nonsense? I have seen some fans go overboard with this one. Again, this is just them exhibiting their arrogance by announcing to the world that they have somehow transcended the level of ordinary mortals. Music is created for enjoyment/entertainment. Why complicate that?
    நான் முந்தைய பதிவில் குறிப்பிட்டது போல.. ரசனைத்தளத்தில் நாம் ஒவ்வொருவரும் கடந்து போகும் பயண தூரத்தைப் பொறுத்தது.. ஆழ்ந்த புரிதல் என்பது.. இசையை அதன் இலக்கணங்களோடு அணுகுவதிலும், பாடல் ஏற்படுத்தும் உணர்வுகளை மட்டுமே முன்னிறுத்தி ரசனைத் தளத்தில் எந்தவிதமான மென்மையாக உணர்ச்சிகளை நம்மிடத்தில் எழுப்புகிறது என்பதிலும், நாம் கடக்க விரும்பும், கடந்து சென்ற வெளியை நம் மனக் கண்ணில் கொண்டுவருவதிலும் அடங்கியிருக்கிறது.

Post Thanks / Like
    நான் முந்தைய பதிவில் குறிப்பிட்டது போல.. ரசனைத்தளத்தில் நாம் ஒவ்வொருவரும் கடந்து போகும் பயண தூரத்தைப் பொறுத்தது.. ஆழ்ந்த புரிதல் என்பது.. இசையை அதன் இலக்கணங்களோடு அணுகுவதிலும், பாடல் ஏற்படுத்தும் உணர்வுகளை மட்டுமே முன்னிறுத்தி ரசனைத் தளத்தில் எந்தவிதமான மென்மையாக உணர்ச்சிகளை நம்மிடத்தில் எழுப்புகிறது என்பதிலும், நாம் கடக்க விரும்பும், கடந்து சென்ற வெளியை நம் மனக் கண்ணில் கொண்டுவருவதிலும் அடங்கியிருக்கிறது.
    சத்தியமா புரியலை

jk Thank you for that explanation. As I said, some of us would rather not choose to have "ஆழ்ந்த புரிதல்" but it doesn't mean that we don't understand what we want. I have been listening to Rahman for more than 20 years and I still do because I am moved by Rahman's music (and, of course, Raja's too). It gives rise to "மென்மையாக உணர்ச்சி" but of course I don't do "இலக்கணங்களோடு அணுகுவதிலும்".

I do understand the gist of the article although it might appear that I was nitpicking in my previous posts. There is absolutely nothing in the article that leads to the author categorically stating that Raja's music is the best thing since sliced bread. Obviously, I respect opinions and I respect his (and yours) opinion that Raja is the best but, again, it is just another opinion. I am not aware of any universal scale that can compare composers' works. In Jaya TV's 100 years of Indian cinema programme, Madhavan read a script which stated that Raja has eclipsed Bach, Veethoven, and Mozart. I am sure a lot of you would agree but there are some who would disagree too (mainly due to the question as to how they think Raja has eclipsed them). Most of the points in the article are also the same - very similar to your contention that "no other composer could have conceived of such a tune". I don't know why Anand chose to post it here as it is full of Raja fan-boy rants more than anything interesting - probably belongs in the Raja thread. Of course, one point that caught my eye is that the author states that he got into Tamil music due to "Roja" and eventually found the ocean in Raja's music - implying that he was a child when he liked Rahman and more matured when he started liking Raja. Another thing that he probably thinks that makes him qualified to put down other composers while placing Raja in a pedestal is his note that he has listened to all kinds of music.

This "Indianizing music" part is another thing I cannot fully comprehend. Perhaps Raja "South Indianized" it too much as is evident from the fact that he is adored more in the south than in the north?

Post Thanks / Like
    சத்தியமா புரியலை

jk Thank you for that explanation. As I said, some of us would rather not choose to have "ஆழ்ந்த புரிதல்" but it doesn't mean that we don't understand what we want. I have been listening to Rahman for more than 20 years and I still do because I am moved by Rahman's music (and, of course, Raja's too). It gives rise to "மென்மையாக உணர்ச்சி" but of course I don't do "இலக்கணங்களோடு அணுகுவதிலும்".

I do understand the gist of the article although it might appear that I was nitpicking in my previous posts. There is absolutely nothing in the article that leads to the author categorically stating that Raja's music is the best thing since sliced bread. Obviously, I respect opinions and I respect his (and yours) opinion that Raja is the best but, again, it is just another opinion. I am not aware of any universal scale that can compare composers' works. In Jaya TV's 100 years of Indian cinema programme, Madhavan read a script which stated that Raja has eclipsed Bach, Veethoven, and Mozart. I am sure a lot of you would agree but there are some who would disagree too (mainly due to the question as to how they think Raja has eclipsed them). Most of the points in the article are also the same - very similar to your contention that "no other composer could have conceived of such a tune". I don't know why Anand chose to post it here as it is full of Raja fan-boy rants more than anything interesting - probably belongs in the Raja thread. Of course, one point that caught my eye is that the author states that he got into Tamil music due to "Roja" and eventually found the ocean in Raja's music - implying that he was a child when he liked Rahman and more matured when he started liking Raja. Another thing that he probably thinks that makes him qualified to put down other composers while placing Raja in a pedestal is his note that he has listened to all kinds of music.

This "Indianizing music" part is another thing I cannot fully comprehend. Perhaps Raja "South Indianized" it too much as is evident from the fact that he is adored more in the south than in the north?
    நான் சொல்லவந்தது "மேன்மையான உணர்ச்சி"... பிழையினால் அர்த்தமே மாறிப்போனது.

Post Thanks / Like
    நான் சொல்லவந்தது "மேன்மையான உணர்ச்சி"... பிழையினால் அர்த்தமே மாறிப்போனது.
    lol. But, what do you mean by that? Do you mean you feeling high?

I thought it was menmayaana instead of mEnmayaana and interpreted it as "feeling relaxed".

Post Thanks / Like
    நான் முந்தைய பதிவில் குறிப்பிட்டது போல.. <B>ரசனைத்தளத்தில் நாம் ஒவ்வொருவரும் கடந்து போகும் பயண தூரத்தைப் பொறுத்தது</B>.. ஆழ்ந்த புரிதல் என்பது.. இசையை அதன் இலக்கணங்களோடு அணுகுவதிலும், பாடல் ஏற்படுத்தும் உணர்வுகளை மட்டுமே முன்னிறுத்தி ரசனைத் தளத்தில் எந்தவிதமான மென்மையாக உணர்ச்சிகளை நம்மிடத்தில் எழுப்புகிறது என்பதிலும், நாம் கடக்க விரும்பும், கடந்து சென்ற வெளியை நம் மனக் கண்ணில் கொண்டுவருவதிலும் அடங்கியிருக்கிறது.
    இது தூரம் சம்பந்தப்பட்டது என்பதை விட பாதை சம்பந்தப்பட்டது. இருவரது ரசனையுமே வேறு எனும் போது இதில் தூரத்திற்கு என்ன வேலை. தூரம் என்றே வைத்துக் கொண்டாலும், அதிக தூரம் சென்றவர்கள் உயர்ந்தவர்கள் என்றும் அல்லாதவர்கள் தாழ்ந்தவர்கள் என்றுமா அர்த்தம்? உங்களுக்கு அந்த பாதையில் செல்வது மகிழ்ச்சி. எங்களுக்கு எங்கள் பாதை.

பலருக்கு இசையின் ஆழத்தை புரிந்து கொள்வதை விட முக்கியமான பல பிரச்சனைகள் உண்டு. அவர்களுக்கு அந்த பிரச்சனைகளில் இருந்து தற்காலிகமாக ஒரு தீர்வு கிடைக்க இசை, நாடகம், திரைப்படம் போன்றவற்றை அனுகுகிறார்கள். இதில் ஒருவருக்கு எதில் அதிக மகிழ்ச்சி கிடைக்கிறதோ அதை நாடுகிறார்கள். இதில் என்ன உயர்ந்த இசை, தாழ்ந்த இசை, வெங்காயம்.

நான் ஏற்கனவே கூறியபடி மற்றவர்களை விட தானே சிறந்தவன் என்று காட்டிக் கொள்ள நினைக்கும் போலி வாழ்க்கை வாழும் மனிதர்களே மற்றவர்களின் ரசனையை விட தனது சிறந்தது என்று பறை சாற்றுகிறார்கள்.

மற்றவர்களின் ரசனையை விட தனது ரசனை சிறந்தது என்று நினைப்பதுதான் ஒரு வேளை "மேன்மையான உணர்ச்சியோ"? எங்களுக்கு அப்படி ஒரு உணர்ச்சி தேவையே இல்லை.