View Poll Results: Which Tamilnadu player would you like to retain for next IPL?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Murali Vijay - The stylish "kamal fan" Batsman

6 20.00%
  • Ashwin - Tamizh Suzhal

20 66.67%
  • Balaji - Karunchiruthai

3 10.00%
  • Anirudha Srikanth - Paruthiveeran

0 0%
  • Badrinath - Karma veeran

1 3.33%
Page 117 of 131 FirstFirst ... 1767107115116117118119127 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,170 of 1309

Thread: "Champion of Champions" Chennai Super Kings

Junior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have not addressed the question. A charge does not mean a player is guilty. It only means he is being tried. According to the same logic you have used, the players should not be banned until the court pronounces them guilty. There is a perceived conflict of interest for N Srinivasan because he is one of the owners and also MD of India Cements which owns the CSK franchise at the same time that he is also BCCI President. Irrespective of the spot fixing case and his son in law's possible involvement in betting, he ought to step down until the pending case on conflict of interest is decided in court. He has not done so. This is a clear cut case of double standards - ruining the careers of players without waiting for a court verdict (and irrespective of whether they are indeed involved, that is against the principles of natural justice) while brazenly carrying on in the face of conflict of interest and trying to hold on to his position at all costs.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Saai View Post
    Please come with facts. Players are charged with match fixing . In this case, first, Srini was NOT convicted. Secondly, it is his son in law and not for fixing but for betting.
    Now we are playing with language is it?
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Senior Member Senior Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    Now we are playing with language is it?
    Please take dictionary and see the difference and understand one is legal in most of the country and the other is not!

Post Thanks / Like
    Crimson, please read my post above it. It is also amusing when you say to me a chennai guy that tickets are easily available for an IPL match rather than a test match. Please!!! You can walk to test match venue, get tickets and watch. As simple as that. I know people standing for 5-6 hours in queue for getting a ticket for an IPL match. "Casual Lies" in an argument is one of the most irritating thing.

Regarding my pride over whatever you feel is parochial - I was just referring to the game of power politics between multiple players. The game was fascinating and I was proud when Srini came out flying colors in the game. Why proud - its the same reason you feel proud when 11 players who are completely unrelated to you represent a region and win, just because they are from your region. Unless Court convicts Srini, the discussion of ethics is irrelevant to me.
    I am talking about online booking. Do you know how big a city Mumbai is? It is ridiculous to expect people who live 30 km away from the stadium to line up at the counter when they can be easily made available online. What is the big problem anyway in making them available online in the age of ecommerce (and especially when IPL tickets are already sold online)?

And no, I have never felt proud when Sharad Pawar won anything or held positions in ICC. Anybody in Mumbai or Maharashtra will tell you the damage he's done. Why anybody should feel proud about the achievements of corrupt politicians or industrialists is beyond me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson king View Post
    You have not addressed the question. A charge does not mean a player is guilty. It only means he is being tried. According to the same logic you have used, the players should not be banned until the court pronounces them guilty. There is a perceived conflict of interest for N Srinivasan because he is one of the owners and also MD of India Cements which owns the CSK franchise at the same time that he is also BCCI President. Irrespective of the spot fixing case and his son in law's possible involvement in betting, he ought to step down until the pending case on conflict of interest is decided in court. He has not done so. This is a clear cut case of double standards - ruining the careers of players without waiting for a court verdict (and irrespective of whether they are indeed involved, that is against the principles of natural justice) while brazenly carrying on in the face of conflict of interest and trying to hold on to his position at all costs.
    The answer was already there. Please read it again. To re-iterate - his son-in-law faced the actions just like the players did. Srini need not as he was not under fault. What kind of expectation is this - to ask a father in law to retire when his son in law was charged?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimson king View Post
    I am talking about online booking. Do you know how big a city Mumbai is? It is ridiculous to expect people who live 30 km away from the stadium to line up at the counter when they can be easily made available online. What is the big problem anyway in making them available online in the age of ecommerce (and especially when IPL tickets are already sold online)?

And no, I have never felt proud when Sharad Pawar won anything or held positions in ICC. Anybody in Mumbai or Maharashtra will tell you the damage he's done. Why anybody should feel proud about the achievements of corrupt politicians or industrialists is beyond me.
    hmm.... Let me explain again - I am not yet convinced that Srini is corrupt. The court also is not yet convinced. So, your argument of me supporting a "corrupt" politician is beyond me. I never wrote anything of that sorts and your comprehension of my posts is of another league.

Not having an online ticket option is not related to being "Corrupt" - it is about being in-efficient. Just to get the argument in the right direction.

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Please take dictionary and see the difference and understand one is legal in most of the country and the other is not!
    A guy who won's a team bets with inside information. And Bookies / his cronies use that information to influence the other team and also the outcome of game(s). Is debated between fixing or plumbing. I need dictionary for lots of things happening in India these days.
    Last edited by Dilbert; 26th October 2013 at 09:27 PM.
    My onions and Signature changes according to my desperate need to be in lime light as the BIG Brother :0 - just saying..

Post Thanks / Like
    The answer was already there. Please read it again. To re-iterate - his son-in-law faced the actions just like the players did. Srini need not as he was not under fault. What kind of expectation is this - to ask a father in law to retire when his son in law was charged?
    lol, you haven't even read what I said there. I am talking about Srini's dual ownership of an IPL franchise and BCCI. That is conflict of interest. The person charged with administration of cricket cannot run a profit centre within it. He has been dragged to court but he has stood his ground on the same innocent-until-proven-guilty principle that has been denied to the players.
    Last edited by crimson king; 26th October 2013 at 09:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Dilbert View Post
    A guy who won's a team beats with inside information. And Bookies / his cronies use that information to influence the other team and also the outcome of game(s). Is debated between fixing or plumbing. I need dictionary for lots of things happening in India these days.
    Please check your logic. Lets say Gurunath tells to the bookie Dhoni is going to come in number 4. Now Bookie can both bet and sell this information to the opponent team, thereby influencing the game. The only stakeholder, who will be affected here is Chennai Super Kings team.

Where is fixing here is beyond me. I advise you to check the dictionary again.

Post Thanks / Like
    hmm.... Let me explain again - I am not yet convinced that Srini is corrupt. The court also is not yet convinced. So, your argument of me supporting a "corrupt" politician is beyond me. I never wrote anything of that sorts and your comprehension of my posts is of another league.

Not having an online ticket option is not related to being "Corrupt" - it is about being in-efficient. Just to get the argument in the right direction.
    You said and I quote, "its the same reason you feel proud when 11 players who are completely unrelated to you represent a region and win, just because they are from your region." I am just pointing out that I never felt proud about Pawar's 'achievements', so speak for yourself. Don't conjoin me in the 'you', I am not interested.
    Last edited by crimson king; 26th October 2013 at 09:28 PM.