View Poll Results: Do you believe in credibility of Indian National awards anymore

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 36.84%
  • No

12 63.16%
Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: National Awards, India

Senior Member Veteran Hubber Sarna's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Puliyan_Biryani
    saranam,pallavi,vaishanavi
    please elobarate
    ஊரு வம்ப பேசும்
    அட உண்மை சொல்ல கூசும்
    போடும் நூறு வேஷம்
    தினம்
    பொய்ய சொல்லி ஏசும்
    ஏ தில்லா டாங்கு டாங்கு
    அட என்னா உங்க போங்கு

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarna
    Quote Originally Posted by Puliyan_Biryani
    saranam,pallavi,vaishanavi
    please elobarate
    //ennatha elaborate-u. eppo paathaalum moonjiya thonga pottukittu, Hero-vukku thangachiya, cheva chevannu varume andha Vaishnaviya ungalukku theriyaadhu?

aduthu andha car-a vechurundha soppana sundhari maadhiri edhavadhu kelvi ketteenganna tensan aayiduven //

Senior Member Veteran Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    I do not know the entire history of IR's controversial statements (assumed by ARR fans to be against ARR).

I can remember 2 occassions though. Once when he took a dig at Ellaa Pugazhum Iraivanukkey & then the recent keyboard remark. In both these instances, i am inclined to believe that it is specifically against ARR.

Are there any other instances as such? I would like to know.

Senior Member Platinum Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I read the report again(those who saw the video clarify if the reportage is accurate). This is what IR has said apparently:
    "Mere keyboard playing is not composing".

Now, who is extrapolating that to Rahman? Whoever is doing the extrapolation seems to believe that Rahman does "mere keyboard playing" because IR's statement is talking only about those who are "mere keyboard playing". How do people do the extrapolation? That is what I don't understand. Maybe that is where the established image of IR plays a part. To me, it is either laziness or deliberate misinterpretation or prejudice on the part of the listener to do that extrapolation.

Here is a old time composer presenting a view other than "change is permanent. Accept change as it is". Agree or disagree to that but to try to paint that as a specific burst against a specific person is unwillingness to engage with the thoughts of a person who has earned the right to be taken seriouslyy. The loss is not his.

As I said, the full import of what I say will come over to you guys at some point of your life - this is really a can-be-undersatood-only-when-you-go-through-in-your-life thing. Remember me if and when it occurs to you.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    plum, its clear dhoodh ka dhoodh, paani ka paani case.........we are not naive enuf to believe that ir made a general statement without ar in mind........history clearly shows this.......period.....

What are we trying to prove - nothing.........what is IR as a person - again we dont care........he is a genius, GOD of music -that remains unchanged......Then what? we are irritated - thats it.......engalakku enna vandhudhu summa IRa thitti - neengalum konjam yosinga
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Senior Member Diamond Hubber MADDY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    there is no extrapolation here - AR is thr torchbearer of synth programming, electronica music in IFM.......INFAct he used to do programming for raja as well........raja used to make similar statements in 90s when AR was the only person doing electronica - people who know history of raja's statements can easily detect this........yes, u can feel otherwise and take solace in it but its a very clear case with no malice from our side
    _________
    Rahman's music is the ringtone on God's mobile phone

Post Thanks / Like
    Ninga kekkaringa what do we gain by thitting IR-nu. Naanum adhE dhaan kEkkarEn what does ir gain by thitting IR-nu. Becuse once you accept that you are calling IR petty. Imo, indha levella ningale benefit of doubt kekkaringa(engalukku enna ir-ai thitti kedaikka pogudhu). I'll grant you that. Ungalukkum enakkume benefit of doubt kedaikarappo, why not for IR? Avar En nammaLa maadhiri normal jealousy levella yOsippArnu nenaikkarInga? Avar level-la adhu En oru philosophical rant A irukka koodadhu?

As you said, Rahman is too busy to argue these verbally. IR is not that busy so rants are comingnE vechuppOm. What I am asking is do you really believe that IR is so stupid to classify ArR as a "mere keyboard player". Without thinking that IR is stupid or petty, you can't think like that. And if you don't, it follows that you can believe that he didn't imply Rahman.

Post Thanks / Like
    Talking of solace, if you believe that attributing the statement to imply Rahman gives solace to you, so be it. To me, there is no other reaosn why we need to interpret that way.

Senior Member Diamond Hubber SoftSword's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    plum, for ur pechu thiramai...

release date announce panniyum Endhiran thread mandhamaa oadikittu irukku... orae moochha ingayae thangitta epdi?, vandhu konjam thalli vidunga..
    Sach is Life..

Senior Member Seasoned Hubber
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SoftSword
    plum, for ur pechu thiramai...

release date announce panniyum Endhiran thread mandhamaa oadikittu irukku... orae moochha ingayae thangitta epdi?, vandhu konjam thalli vidunga..
    ipdi ayiducha enthiran ode nelamai...
    Say My Name

Page 36 of 46 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast